PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Site Sponsor Soon ! (not really)

arntufun
08-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm not normally a rain ryder but we had no choice at the SITA event. We were wearing sneakers when the rain hit and it hit hard. We had many many miles left to travel. Holly and I had a cheap rain suit (Holly's did not work at all, pic below), but we had nothing to cover our feet. Luckly I had four Walmart bags in my Frunk. I asked Holly if she wanted a set to tie around her feet to keep them dry. Of course she said no because everyone else had really nice rain gear. I said "who cares what we look like", and put them on and my feet were totally dry. They worked awesome for along time until one ripped on my shifter at the last stop. Hollys feet along with other parts of her body were soaked. :roflblack:

296812968229683I will be selling Walmart bags to cover your feet in the rain for .10 cents each, or Target ones for .15 cents plus shipping. The main color of these bags are white. If these catch on, I will become a proud site sponsor and develop the garbage bag rain jacket !! We really need better rain gear don't we ??? :roflblack::roflblack:

Tiny1
08-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Maybe you don't want to admit you like the "wet t-shirt" thing :dontknow:, however, I can still see shopping in your near future

Spyder Cat
08-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Most all of us can relate to that drenched feeling. Bet Holly was frozen!!

We carry one Froggs suit on each Spyder. If we're ryding 2-up on the RT, the passenger wears the suit. Been there, done that! ;)

NancysToy
08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Tourmaster and some other manufacturers sell overboots for the rain. They cost about $20, if you want to go the deluxe route.

vtspyder
08-06-2011, 12:10 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:. We were soaked to the skin too on the bottom half. Luckily the jackets worked great. I had a set of frogtogg's for the trip and they didn't work. From what I heard the only people who weren't soaked were the GoreTex folks. I'm a cheap #!@ so it looks like the garbage bag route is the one I'm taking. Personally after that, I'll wear my neoprene chest waders next time. I thank the good lord above it WASN'T a 40 degree rain. Made for a great memory though.:thumbup:

Ps, I wish we had taken pics of our room with all the cloths hanging to dry all over the place. Looked like a shaggin' shack!

CyncySpyder
08-06-2011, 02:01 PM
29698Good times & Great Memories29699
:2thumbs:But you are right, your shoes DID stay dry, so it was very good thinking on your part:2thumbs:

Weave2u
08-06-2011, 04:45 PM
If these catch on, I will become a proud site sponsor and develop the garbage bag rain jacket !! We really need better rain gear don't we ??? :roflblack::roflblack:

I might be able to go into business here too with a product that could be useful with yours. It is a strip of silver colored material that is sticky on one side. Opinions? Do you think it could become popular?

arntufun
08-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I might be able to go into business here too with a product that could be useful with yours. It is a strip of silver colored material that is sticky on one side. Opinions? Do you think it could become popular?

It took me a second to figure that one out. :roflblack::roflblack: Good one !!! :thumbup: We could offer your product as an upgrade accessory to mine.

I want to keep the price down for my comsumers so enter the promo code LAMONSTER for a 10% discount on all orders. It's just my way of giving back. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Hollys feet along with other parts of her body were soaked. :roflblack:

Somebody else mentioned the whole wet Tee-shirt thing... Where are the pictures???? :yikes:
This one ain't my fault... if I hadn't seen a refterence to Tee-shirts that needed drying... :shocked:

Weave2u
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
It took me a second to figure that one out. :roflblack::roflblack: Good one !!! :thumbup: We could offer your product as an upgrade accessory to mine.

I want to keep the price down for my comsumers so enter the promo code LAMONSTER for a 10% discount on all orders. It's just my way of giving back. :roflblack:

AS SEEN ON TV! :popcorn:
:roflblack::roflblack: