PDA

View Full Version : BMW Rider accident

vtrider
08-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I was on my way home from work yesterday on my spyder, then I noticed a group of three Quebec Canada riders pull out of the BMW dealership in Essex Center Vermont where I was riding by. They were all riding different BMW bikes. I was pulling up behind them and we all were stopped at a traffic light until it turned green and off we went. Those guys were riding at a fairly good speed, and I didn't try to keep up. I was coming up to this 90 degree turn on this road that I am very familar with. I ride it everyday. When I came to the corner, I noticed the last guy in line with the BMW group had lost control and dropped and skidded his bike next to the ditch around that corner. I pulled up next to him and parked my spyder off to the side of the road near his bike. I got off my spyder and walked over to him as quick as I could to see if he was ok. I recently had a torn ham string injury, so It was hard for me to walk over to him fast. He got up and seemed to be fine. He said he pulled out to the outer edge of the turn to avoid on coming traffic around the corner. He ended up hitting some loose gravel on the outside of the turn that caused his bike to skid and lose traction and he dropped the bike. He was wearing an armored jacket and that was scuffed on the elbow and shoulder, but it saved his skin. A nice guy on a harley came on to the scene and also checked to see if everyone was ok. We both helped the guy get his bike back up on the stand. The guy on the harley told the guy with the Beemer, it's good that you had on the armor, if that was me I would of been torn up. He had on a tank top and beanie helmet. The other guys from his group finally turned back and showed up at the scene and were concerned for there friend. His bike had minor damage, a scraped gas tank and one front busted turn signal light. They were close to the BMW dealer, so I'm sure they could go back and get things repaired. They were headed back to Quebec. Me and the guy on the harley wished the guy luck and then took off. It's nice too know that no matter what we ride, it's about bikers helping bikers when the need arises. It made me feel good that I stopped and helped out this individual from Quebec. They were just out enjoying a ride as I was on my spyder. It's ashamed this guy had to end up in an accident. I'm just happy that no one was seriously hurt. Thank God for that!

arntufun
08-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Great job Steve !!! You really are a good person and I'm glad everyone was ok.

ARtraveler
08-05-2011, 09:14 PM
:2thumbs: Way to go.

3Willie
08-06-2011, 09:12 AM
I firmly believe that most people are really pretty nice, just afraid to get involved.

I have heard that there are really only a few really nasty people in the world, but they move around a lot!!

Back when I was younger, you stopped to help everyone no matter the time of day, weather or anything else. Now, most people including myself are reluctant to stop especially after dark. I usually do stop long enough to see if they have called someone for help if they are on 4 wheels.

Glad to hear that you are still 'One of the Nice Guys'!!!!!

:clap::thumbup:

TXHusker
08-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I was on my way home from work yesterday on my spyder, then I noticed a group of three Quebec Canada riders pull out of the BMW dealership in Essex Center Vermont where I was riding by. They were all riding different BMW bikes. I was pulling up behind them and we all were stopped at a traffic light until it turned green and off we went. Those guys were riding at a fairly good speed, and I didn't try to keep up. I was coming up to this 90 degree turn on this road that I am very familar with. I ride it everyday. When I came to the corner, I noticed the last guy in line with the BMW group had lost control and dropped and skidded his bike next to the ditch around that corner. I pulled up next to him and parked my spyder off to the side of the road near his bike. I got off my spyder and walked over to him as quick as I could to see if he was ok. I recently had a torn ham string injury, so It was hard for me to walk over to him fast. He got up and seemed to be fine. He said he pulled out to the outer edge of the turn to avoid on coming traffic around the corner. He ended up hitting some loose gravel on the outside of the turn that caused his bike to skid and lose traction and he dropped the bike. He was wearing an armored jacket and that was scuffed on the elbow and shoulder, but it saved his skin. A nice guy on a harley came on to the scene and also checked to see if everyone was ok. We both helped the guy get his bike back up on the stand. The guy on the harley told the guy with the Beemer, it's good that you had on the armor, if that was me I would of been torn up. He had on a tank top and beanie helmet. The other guys from his group finally turned back and showed up at the scene and were concerned for there friend. His bike had minor damage, a scraped gas tank and one front busted turn signal light. They were close to the BMW dealer, so I'm sure they could go back and get things repaired. They were headed back to Quebec. Me and the guy on the harley wished the guy luck and then took off. It's nice too know that no matter what we ride, it's about bikers helping bikers when the need arises. It made me feel good that I stopped and helped out this individual from Quebec. They were just out enjoying a ride as I was on my spyder. It's ashamed this guy had to end up in an accident. I'm just happy that no one was seriously hurt. Thank God for that!

Just goes to show that not wearing any gear just to "look cool" doesn't pay off. As hot as it is here in TX, I still gear it up from head to toe. Even with 3 wheels, we still have some stupid drivers here.

pro10is
08-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Was that the 90 degree turn on Rt. 128 near Weed Road? Tricky turn if you don't know it's there.

Bob Denman
08-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear that he was okay, and that you got to meet another rider who also cared for his fellow bikers as you do... Thanks! :clap::2thumbs:

spydrluvr
08-06-2011, 07:39 PM
:agree: glad he was okay....very nice of you to stop :clap:

vtrider
08-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Was that the 90 degree turn on Rt. 128 near Weed Road? Tricky turn if you don't know it's there.

Yes, That was the turn. I always take caution around that turn. You never know if someone will come around on your side of the road.

vtrider
08-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Great job Steve !!! You really are a good person and I'm glad everyone was ok.

Sorry, You must be thinking of another Spyder rider. My non screen name is Adrien. But, thanks anyway!

Smokinspyder
08-07-2011, 07:25 PM
That was a great thing that you did . and you deserve credit for it !!!!