PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fridays - American troops

grumpybob
08-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Blue Fridays.
Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing blue every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the 'silent majority.' We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or overbearing.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -- and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear something blue. By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of blue much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will not be long before the USA is covered in BLUE and it will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on. The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for you?' is: 'We need your support and your prayers.' Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear something blue every Friday.

IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON.
IF YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS -- THEN HIT THE DELETE BUTTON. BET YOU DON'T!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET BOTH OF THEM.

SpyderAnn01
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM
My husband has been wearing RED on Friday to support the troops since the war started. Who decided to change to blue?

Tiny1
08-05-2011, 04:56 PM
My husband has been wearing RED on Friday to support the troops since the war started. Who decided to change to blue?
:cheers: I have as well. Is blue just an american thing?:dontknow:

SpyderSteve
08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
I have been wearing red for years also

SpyderAnn01
08-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Maybe red is for Canada and border states only.:roflblack:

klw
08-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I too wear Red every Friday.

Paula(Butch2025)
08-05-2011, 08:24 PM
It's red on Fridays at the school I work at because their colors are red, black, and white....but I like the wear blue and/or red on Fridays to show our support for the troops...maybe I'll alternate blue one Friday then red th next! --Paula

GloryRyders
08-05-2011, 08:36 PM
BLUE OR RED what's the difference:dontknow:, as long as you support the troops!:2thumbs:

grumpybob
08-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I thought it was red also, along with a couple of my Marine buddies. Then I got the e-mail today, from Marine buddy that I started this thread with. A agree Red or Blue doesn't matter, supporting our troops does!!

Firefly
08-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Nice idea but wish they would drop the religious rhetoric parts of it. Us Atheists also support the troops too- along with Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc. - which is what makes living in a secular country so great.

Since they can't decide on red or blue I'll just combine them and wear purple. Lol

draboo
08-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Nice idea but wish they would drop the religious rhetoric parts of it. Us Atheists also support the troops too- along with Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc. - which is what makes living in a secular country so great.

Since they can't decide on red or blue I'll just combine them and wear purple. Lol

Did you have your drivers license pic taken with a colander on your head, you Purple Pastafarian you! :joke:

Firefly
08-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Did you have your drivers license pic taken with a colander on your head, you Purple Pastafarian you! :joke:

LOL-- no-- someone beat me to it! :roflblack:

vtspyder
08-06-2011, 12:23 PM

There was no religious aspect to that post. simply stated a simple fact. I tolerate you. Don't tell us what we can or can't say!!!!!!

boborgera
08-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Just wondering , :dontknow: If the government went back to the draft, And forced your sons or daughters into the Military to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan, or maybe next Libya, What color would you wear. Remember these Sons and Daughters will not be Volunteers.

Firefly
08-06-2011, 04:18 PM
There was no religious aspect to that post. simply stated a simple fact. I tolerate you. Don't tell us what we can or can't say!!!!!!

Um--- I think you need to read it again--- plenty of 'religious aspect'... you're missing the point entirely...not sure exactly what 'simple fact' you're referring to? I simply stated I WISH they would drop the direct tying of religion (one specific religion) to supporting our troops and keep the message about THE TROOPS.

The message of supporting the troops can easily be conveyed without religious proselytizing. While the "two forces defining forces offering to die" part may be 'fact' for you -- it's not for many others - including the many troops that practice Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, Islamism, etc... They sure would appreciate the support too.... :-)

No one's saying you can't post it however you like ---- just think it would be nice to support ALL the troops regardless of their religion. :thumbup:

So is it going to be Blue, Red--- or Purple??? ;):thumbup: I always thought it was Red before.....

dancogan
08-06-2011, 06:17 PM

:agree:

SpyderSteve
08-06-2011, 10:13 PM
BLUE OR RED what's the difference:dontknow:, as long as you support the troops!:2thumbs: My point was why change colours after all these years? :dontknow:

Havasu Rider
08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I have been wearing red on fridays for years to show support for our troops. This has been a tradition at our American Legion & VFW and most people observe it. I don't know where the blue thing came from.:dontknow:

SpyderSteve
08-06-2011, 10:25 PM
I have been wearing red on fridays for years to show support for our troops. This has been a tradition at our American Legion & VFW and most people observe it. I don't know where the blue thing came from.:dontknow: :agree: Canadian Legions to

Blue Star
08-07-2011, 01:45 AM
I have been wearing red on fridays for years to show support for our troops. This has been a tradition at our American Legion & VFW and most people observe it. I don't know where the blue thing came from.:dontknow:

I think it is the Communist :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: I'll stick to wearing red.

hansensmomx2
08-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Since they can't decide on red or blue I'll just combine them and wear purple. Lol I see you are from Michigan We are from Athens Michigan