PDA

View Full Version : Question about loose ground and loose battery connections

OldDog
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Old Dog here. I know, I know I don't have an RT yet and its been too long. That's a another story not for this forum. However, I'm still a big fan.
One problem seems to keep coming up way too often, loose ground or loose battery connections. This has caused much frustration and down time for such a simple problem. Where does the problem lie? Is it a poorly designed wiring system.? Is it a missed item on a quality control checkpoint? Is it a dealer set up and assembly oversight. Shouldn't battery and ground connections be checked and signed off at the factory? Is this also part of a Dealer setup checklist? Knowing and resolving this seemly would solve a lot of hiccups, codes, and trips to the dealer. What do you think?

:dontknow:

MarkLawson
08-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Agreed. It would seem to be a prudent check prior to final delivery.

ARtraveler
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
:agree: A prudent check at final delivery. Add: battery fully charged. Start charging battery when the bike comes out of the crate--or something like that.

MarkLawson
08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
:agree: That too. The battery needs a full charge performed properly. As I understand it, if it is not properly charged before the first use, it will never hold a full charge.

NancysToy
08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
In my opinion, it is a dealer prep issue.

MouthPiece
08-05-2011, 04:21 PM
All are excellent points. "Inquiring minds need to know".

Chris

Tiny1
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM
:popcorn::popcorn: