PDA

View Full Version : 630 mile BBQ run!

Lamonster
08-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I love it when a plan comes together. I was going to head to Kansas City on Sunday to meet SpyderPops so we could head into Sturgis from there but I saw where the MO Gang will be doing their ride on Saturday so I decided to leave on Friday so I can meet up with them at Cowtown because they're stopping for lunch at Missouri Hicks and I love their BBQ. :thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21688&d=1271363957 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=744&attachmentid=21685)

I called SpyderPops last night and told him the plan and now he's going to ride into Cuba MO on Friday so he can go on the ride with us too and have some of that good BBQ. Len from Cowtown is riding with us to Sturgis so we can get a good run in on Sunday and not have to do a 800 mile day on Monday. It's all working out great as I have a painted part I'm going to pick up at Cowtown and install it before the Sturgis trip. It's a good sign that this is all coming together like it is. I am so excited to ride with these guys and to go back to the Black Hills once again. I'll be sure to check in and post pics. :doorag:

SpyderAnn01
08-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Sounds like fun wish I was going.

xpeschon
08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Crap... I'm not gonna be able to do the MO Gang ride on Saturday with the group. Sorry I will miss both you and Spyderpops.. I am headed up to Council Bluff Iowa to attend my nephew's baseball game.. I will however be in contact with Len on Sunday and as you head to Sturgis up I-29 I will be headed down so if the timing is right possible we could link up at a exit for a few minutes,, Lets play it by ear.... If interested you can read the latest article on my nephews accomplishment during his high school years, he graduated this year.. I suspect one day (my fingers are crossed) we could be watching him on TV.. At any rate here is the latest on him... His name is Mitch Peschon..

http://www.exploreokoboji.com/sports_story.asp?sty=117808

X-Joe

GloryRyders
08-02-2011, 03:34 PM
:2thumbs:....Lamont, looking forward to seeing you and Spyderpops Saturday. We will make sure that they have plenty of BBQ ;).

SteveMac
08-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Well Joe I feel your pain!
I'd love to ryde with Lamont and Harvey. Heck, I have enough of Harvey's products on my RT that I am a rolling advertisement! But family duties call this month.

By the way. Cool news on Mitch. Best of luck to him bro!

Catch you next ryde.

SteveMac

Crap... I'm not gonna be able to do the MO Gang ride on Saturday with the group. Sorry I will miss both you and Spyderpops.. I am headed up to Council Bluff Iowa to attend my nephew's baseball game.. I will however be in contact with Len on Sunday and as you head to Sturgis up I-29 I will be headed down so if the timing is right possible we could link up at a exit for a few minutes,, Lets play it by ear.... If interested you can read the latest article on my nephews accomplishment during his high school years, he graduated this year.. I suspect one day (my fingers are crossed) we could be watching him on TV.. At any rate here is the latest on him... His name is Mitch Peschon..

X-Joe

BumbleBee
08-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Alright, Lamont and SpyderPops will be joining us on Saturday :ohyea: :yes: :ohyea:

Safe trip, see you soon :)

Maybe we should include MO Hicks every monthly ride for now on :clap:

Lamonster
08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I think I got BajaRon talked into coming up for the day ride. :doorag:

BumbleBee
08-03-2011, 09:34 AM
I think I got BajaRon talked into coming up for the day ride. :doorag:

Sounds great, more the merrier :thumbup:

pitbull
08-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Its great when it all comes together.....now BaJa Ron....Its going to be a mini Spyderfest Lamont, Baja Ron and Spyder Pops....plus the mogang!!! Wow

Dochands
08-03-2011, 09:49 AM
You folks be careful of the heat.

Lamonster
08-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Its great when it all comes together.....now BaJa Ron....Its going to be a mini Spyderfest Lamont, Baja Ron and Spyder Pops....plus the mogang!!! WowUnderstand there is a 95% chance Ron will back out at the last minute. ;)

pitbull
08-03-2011, 11:27 AM
The gauntlet has been throwed down....will he or won't he lol all in good fun.

Mo Lee
08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Its great when it all comes together.....now BaJa Ron....Its going to be a mini Spyderfest Lamont, Baja Ron and Spyder Pops....plus the mogang!!! Wow
Sounds like a great day shaping up, always glad to have the extended family along.

RTGENE
08-03-2011, 08:20 PM
I am leaving early Saturday morning to be in Cuba.Then Wednesday its off to the 3X3 lakes in Michigan. Maybe the MoGang doesn't know about this cool down trip. I'll tell them!!!
What could MoLee have brought from Colorado to share.????
My guess is that Bumble Bee will rise to the occasion if "DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU" is brought into play. If that dose not work how about Molee puts Hicks BBQ sauce on it.
This is going to be a photo opportunity Saturday.
Smile Time

Mo Lee
08-04-2011, 04:16 AM
I am leaving early Saturday morning to be in Cuba.
Best news I've heard lately!

G-Man
08-04-2011, 04:24 AM

X-Joe

Verry cool Joe. He looks promising. Have fun.

GloryRyders
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
:D Sounds like a party in the making.................Gene,looking forward to seeing you. Also the last time MoLee brought "goodies", no matter how much we pushed Bumblebee to try one, she wouldn't. :lecturef_smilie: I don't think that she is very trusting of Lee.:roflblack:

Lamont, do you best to get Ron to come..............what's 630 miles for a little BBQ? :yes:

Dochands
08-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Geez now I want to come but I know in this heat I couldn't even eat barbecue. lol

BumbleBee
08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
:D Sounds like a party in the making.................Gene,looking forward to seeing you. Also the last time MoLee brought "goodies", no matter how much we pushed Bumblebee to try one, she wouldn't. :lecturef_smilie: I don't think that she is very trusting of Lee.:roflblack:

I wonder why.... First you all try to get me to eat dried up worms, and then it was Testicles.... Now would Jim be on my list of those I can not trust? :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:
Lamont, do you best to get Ron to come..............what's 630 miles for a little BBQ? :yes:

If I am willing to get beat up by the heat, and take my chance, you better get up here. :thumbup:

BumbleBee
08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Geez now I want to come but I know in this heat I couldn't even eat barbecue. lol

Take a nap during the day, and ride out tonight :thumbup:

Lamonster
08-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Just got into our room. Had a great trip but a very late start. See you all in the morning. :doorag:

dave01
08-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Enjoy the rest of the ride and the BBQ. It was so good the 3 times we were there.

pitbull
08-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Wow what a day, its always great to heat to see and ride with the mogang but having Lamont, spyderpops and Baja Ron with us today was a real treat great day gang...... And Harvey.......I'll never doubt you on ice cream ever ever ever again!!!! Had a blast guys.... Now off to sturgis

BumbleBee
08-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Was really good seeing all of you again :)

I thought it was really cool for Baja Ron, SPYDERPOPS, and Lamont to come here and join us :thumbup:

Have a safe trip and fun at Sturgis :clap:

G-Man
08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
We had a great day today visiting and riding with friends. We had plenty of time to visit at Cow Town, while waiting at the Rocking Chair, eating at Missouri Hicks BBQ, walking and talking at Meramec Spring, and last, but not least, we made the traditional stop for ice cream.

Thanks everyone for coming out and enjoying some time together. :doorag:

Mo Lee
08-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Great Day! here is a short clip of the times we remembered to pull out the camera.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=231479146894601

BumbleBee
08-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Great video :thumbup:

Thanks for Rocking the chair for me :lecturef_smilie:

Surprised myself that I went up there "I have a height problem" , now the things you do for your friends :thumbup:

Wish you could of been here Dave :(

Trickie Dick
08-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the video. Lots of familiar places and faces. Good to see everyone had a good time. Can't wait for Spyderfest next year:clap:

D&J's#2
08-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Wish we couldv'e joined ya'll:(. SpyderPops is quite the character and a blast to ryde with. :2thumbs:
Have fun and enjoy your sons and friends Harvey:pray:

pitbull
08-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Man your on it lee, was a great day, any time with the mogang is fun! And having Lamont, Ron and Harvey with us was awesome! Thanks for showing up and making us look good gang! Your all pretty dang cool lol

GloryRyders
08-08-2011, 05:24 AM
That was a fun day............thanks for the video Lee.:clap:

Lamonster
08-08-2011, 05:32 AM
:thumbup:

BajaRon
08-09-2011, 12:19 AM

Well, I did the 630 (1260 if you figure round trip) and I didn't even get any BBQ! :gaah: And I was so busy getting things nailed down so I could go I didn't realize I was taking so much heat here on the board! What's up with that? :dontknow: A guy could get a complex or something!

But I don't take near the abuse that Spyder*Ops does so I'm not complaining....:shocked:

1 HID went out and I was sure happy to find out it was the bulb and not the ballast. But there was no replacement to be found so I made the home trip with just one eye.

Sorry to miss the day ride, the BBQ and Spyder*Ops at the Ice Cream shop. But sure enjoyed seeing Bumble Bee, Len, Harvey and the rest of the bunch in Cowtown.

Have fun in Sturgis ... :thumbup: