PDA

View Full Version : Girls on Spyders

Dentin028
08-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Hello ladies,

I did the group on facebook Girls on Spyders. Any of you that want to join look for it and I'll add you as soon as I see it. I'm happy to see this forum here as well. Or look for Leira Del Toro on facebook and let me know. :clap:

TwinPeaks
08-02-2011, 06:41 AM
I joined yesterday. Great thread!!!

SpyderLady
08-02-2011, 08:40 AM
For some reason when I do a search I cannot for the life of me get it to come up. If you would not mind, please ask for me to be a friend or whatever so I can be on it also. Thanks Linda Austin

bruisersbaby
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I just requested to join!

Spydermimi
08-02-2011, 09:27 PM
I might be looking incorrectly, can you advise me, I am on facebook:chat:

bullant12
08-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Look at the spelling...;)

GI Jane
08-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm having problems with facebook. Please invite me as a "friend". Jane Schulte

Dentin028
08-03-2011, 03:50 PM
For some reason when I do a search I cannot for the life of me get it to come up. If you would not mind, please ask for me to be a friend or whatever so I can be on it also. Thanks Linda Austin

I can't find you... freind me..
look for Leira Del Toro

Dentin028
08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
This should work...
http://www.facebook.com/groups/208699535846616/

Spydee1
08-08-2011, 06:01 PM
I think I just joined (if I did it right). I have a facebook account but really do use it much so I fumbled around finding the group.

Dee

Trisham13
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I just joined yesterday. Looking for other female spyder owners in my area to get together and ride. Anyone near Warrenton, MO?

Thanks for the thread!:thumbup:

flamingobabe
10-15-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/girlsonspyders/

PrairieSpyder
10-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I joined recently. I highly recommend it.

canamgirls
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
just requested to join on FB

Rar
10-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I am a member also. Great group. I highly recommend for Lady Ryders. :2thumbs:

CSW61
10-15-2012, 04:45 PM
My Wife Loves IT... Costing too much money because everything she sees on there like shirts caps or anything anybody else has she think she needs one also. But it is a GREAT Site. She checks it everyday when get gets home. 2010 RT

:2thumbs:

Snoopy1266
10-31-2012, 02:54 PM
I just joined this site and the Facebook site today. I need to spend some time looking at both of them (but not while I'm at work. :p)

SPYDER4FUN
11-04-2012, 05:40 PM
I haven't had much time until I retired to get on Spyderlovers so I was glad I saw this thread today because I joined Girls on Spyders recently & I love it ... I try to read posts daily .. I feel like I know a lot of you already.
You ladies are a lot of fun & have great ideas

:clap:

pfromenthal
12-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Hi,
I have recently purchased a Pearl Spyder LTD 2012.... I love it, would love to keep in touch with fellow riders.......
I am "Pamela Mimi Fromenthal" on facebook. Look forward to keeping in touch!

Reverse
12-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello ladies,

I did the group on facebook Girls on Spyders. Any of you that want to join look for it and I'll add you as soon as I see it. I'm happy to see this forum here as well. Or look for Leira Del Toro on facebook and let me know. :clap:

I have found the Facebook forum to be very helpful as there are ladies that have a lot of experience in owning, caring for and riding techniques for their Spyders. I do not post much, as I am fairly new to it, but check it each day for new posts. Thanks!

JaymeG33
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I love the Girls on Spyders group. If it wasn't for that, I would have NEVER met anyone else around me to go ryde with OR met all the other ladies either. Great ideas, great advice, and a wonderful support group!

cohoff
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
hello

i'd like to join the group but i am not facebook savey. i signed up for facebook but dont know how to navigate it. i clicked on 'join group' but nothing happened. how do i join? i belong in the technology stoneage

FaranH
12-07-2012, 09:51 AM
hello

i'd like to join the group but i am not facebook savey. i signed up for facebook but dont know how to navigate it. i clicked on 'join group' but nothing happened. how do i join? i belong in the technology stoneage

Based on your user name here on SpyderLovers and the name of a couple of ladies I just added to the Facebook page, I *think* I just got you added. (We have it set up so Admins have to OK new members to make sure we're not letting in spammers, lurkers or non-women:yikes:) Let me know here on SL if you didn't get added. And let me know on FB if you did! ;)

gswife
12-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I just went in tonight to request entry :f_spider: the ladies on the ride today told me about it so here I am! :ohyea:
Deborah
aka: gswife: Gone South Wife cause I did!

FaranH
12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I just went in tonight to request entry :f_spider: the ladies on the ride today told me about it so here I am! :ohyea:
Deborah
aka: gswife: Gone South Wife cause I did!

So glad you joined us on FB, too! We've got a great group of ladies who sure love to ryde! :doorag:

shelbysraven
02-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Based on your user name here on SpyderLovers and the name of a couple of ladies I just added to the Facebook page, I *think* I just got you added. (We have it set up so Admins have to OK new members to make sure we're not letting in spammers, lurkers or non-women:yikes:) Let me know here on SL if you didn't get added. And let me know on FB if you did! ;)

Can you please friend me Donna Curl. I sent a friend request. I'm a new Spyder owner of a Blue 2012 RTS SE5

LindaG
02-04-2013, 08:24 PM
I found the group, but can fgure out how to join. Linda Ingram

cohoff
02-04-2013, 09:37 PM
linda.....i'll let faran know you want to join us. she's one of the admins and they have to open the door for you. see you over at girls on spyders.

connie

FaranH
02-05-2013, 09:33 AM
linda.....i'll let faran know you want to join us. she's one of the admins and they have to open the door for you. see you over at girls on spyders.

Looks like Leira took care of it last night, Linda. Welcome! :D

jenmom22
03-17-2013, 06:09 PM

Me too?

I couldn't find the page. Thanks!

Never mind! Found the page and requested joining. Yea!!!

spydrluvr
03-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Do I just request entry....and then wait :dontknow: If that is the case, then I think I did it correctly:popcorn: :popcorn:

SpyderLady
03-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Do I just request entry....and then wait :dontknow: If that is the case, then I think I did it correctly:popcorn: :popcorn:

Yep you did it correct. You should have been accepted by now. I will go out and double check just to make sure

xGreenxMeaniex
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Hello ladies- new Spyder ryder here!

I would love to join the group on Facebook, can you tell me more details on how to get added?

Emily Travis

SpyderLady
03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
On Facebook go to group "girls on spyders" and request to join. One if us will get you permission soon after we see it. Great group!

Pigtails
04-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I am not sure if it worked. I requested to join, but did not see any action or response. Can someone please check?

I2BZ2W8
04-07-2013, 07:20 AM
I am not sure if it worked. I requested to join, but did not see any action or response. Can someone please check?

Whats your name on FB... I can check

Pigtails
04-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks, Got email this morning that Faran added me as a member. Thanks Faran

Lamonster
04-07-2013, 04:27 PM
This link is on the front page of SpyderLovers now under "Friends of SpyderLovers" :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/uploaded_banners/100000_946226_78.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/adpeeps.php?bf=go&uid=100000&cid=946226&aid=78&bzone=mbf&btype=3)

FaranH
04-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks, Got email this morning that Faran added me as a member. Thanks Faran

You're so welcome! Glad to have you! :D

FaranH
04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
This link is on the front page of SpyderLovers now under "Friends of SpyderLovers" :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/uploaded_banners/100000_946226_78.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/adpeeps.php?bf=go&uid=100000&cid=946226&aid=78&bzone=mbf&btype=3)

Thanks, Lamont. :thumbup: That'll make it easy for us to tell the ladies how to find us on Facebook.

SpyderNana
04-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I joined a few days ago and love following the posts. Great site for all the ladies to get to know each other and keep in touch. Thanks!

Dentin028
04-10-2013, 08:53 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you!!!!!:)

Shelley B
06-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Just joined, and waiting to be added to the group :)))

FaranH
06-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Just joined, and waiting to be added to the group :)))

Just added you, Shelley! Welcome aboard!:yes:

maliamd
07-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Hello Everyone. I am a new spider rider as I just purchased a 2013 RT/S. I am new to riding too. Have always wanted to ride but being a mother, wife and having an active career took me away from some of the fun things in life. As you all know, you can only do so much! Now I have finally retired from my career, my kids are grown (now have grand babies) and my husband and I are on our own! It is now time for ME! I will be taking a 3 wheel basic rider class so I can have the proper drivers license. I split my time between Maggie Valley, NC and Sanibel, Fl. Both awesome places to ride. Would love any suggestions, help in learning the handle the bike! Will check ya'll out on Facebook and friend there too. :clap:

FaranH
07-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Glad you're here! Looking forward to "meeting" you on Facebook!:doorag:

pinkspyder
08-27-2013, 01:09 PM
:yes: looking forward to your site Leira. Brenda O

Hello ladies,

Dhufford07
09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Sent a request on Facebook!!! Can't wait to hook up with other lady riders!!! :)))

FaranH
09-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Sent a request on Facebook!!! Can't wait to hook up with other lady riders!!! :)))

Got you added! Glad to have you with us. :D

muonwhiz
09-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Why the use of the term "girls" in the name of group? I'll bet there is not one single minor female member. That term was insulting in common in usage males to refer to adult women of all ages in the business world and is only slowly dissipating.

scott16119
09-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Why the use of the term "girls" in the name of group? I'll bet there is not one single minor female member. That term was insulting in common in usage males to refer to adult women of all ages in the business world and is only slowly dissipating.

They are big girls. I'm sure if they had a problem being called "girls" they would have done something about it long before now.

LindaG
09-26-2013, 03:58 PM
I use to think that way also. But at 63 I have learned that it is ok to let the "girl" out. :dg1::dg1::dg1::dg1::dg1:

jenmom22
09-26-2013, 06:28 PM
They are big girls. I'm sure if they had a problem being called "girls" they would have done something about it long before now.

That was my thought. Well, my first thought was 'are you part of the G.O.S. group? If not, why do you care at all?'

It's a group that brings together 'girls' or 'women' that love to ride their Spyders. That's all, no drama, nothing else.

:dontknow:

jenmom22
09-26-2013, 06:30 PM
..and I'm over 50 years old. I tell people my inner child is close to service. I consider myself a girl most of the time.

flamingobabe
09-26-2013, 07:10 PM
we are women who think we are girls when we ride our Spyders.....youth!!!!!

La20614
09-26-2013, 07:34 PM
I can't believe this is even being asked. I hate being calling Mrs. (Insert last name) it makes me feel old.
I want to remain young until I die, which means I'm a Girl all the way!
:yes:

flamingobabe
09-26-2013, 08:37 PM
I can't believe this is even being asked. I hate being calling Mrs. (Insert last name) it makes me feel old.
I want to remain young until I die, which means I'm a Girl all the way!
:yes:

I have never used Mrs....I'm Ms or Charlyne Baker

Zenagirl
09-29-2013, 06:28 PM
we are women who think we are girls when we ride our Spyders.....youth!!!!!

Exactly Charlyne! We GOS are young at heart!! :clap:

Devl
10-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi All....
Just sent in a request to join the Facebook site.
Excited to be able to talk to other ladies that ride SpYders :clap:

flamingobabe
10-01-2013, 08:17 PM
hey Devl looking forward to talking to you on GOS

Hi All....
Just sent in a request to join the Facebook site.
Excited to be able to talk to other ladies that ride SpYders :clap:

Devl
10-01-2013, 09:22 PM
hey Devl looking forward to talking to you on GOS

Yeah...it took me awhile but I found it. Looks like a fun place! Been wanting to get more involved with SpYder stuff, this looks like a good beginning. Glad you finally got your SpYder back...ride on Girlie, ride on:ohyea:

FaranH
10-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Glad you found us!! We're about to 1000 fun-loving, Spyder-riding members!!! :dg2:

jenniferinplano
11-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Can't find you on Facebook. Please email me at jennifersemail1957@yahoo.com how please.

Hello ladies,

FaranH
11-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Can't find you on Facebook. Please email me at jennifersemail1957@yahoo.com how please.

I just sent you an invitation to the group via Facebook to your email address. Love to have you join us! :thumbup:

Tressie47
11-21-2013, 07:12 AM
I just received my GOS t shirt and hoodie. They are awesome. Am wearing them both today.:rolleyes:

bruisersbaby
11-22-2013, 11:33 AM

First of all, this post makes no sense to me "insulting in common in usage males". Huh? However, if we were Women on Spyders, the acronym would be WOS, and none of us are wussies!! If you really knew some of us, you would see that we are 'girls at heart', enjoying our lives through ryding and being there for each other. There have been no complaints about any of us being part of GOS.

This is one of those 'politically correct' complaints that has no merit for the members of GOS.

araknd
02-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Hello ladies,

I've looked a couple of times and I cannot find Girls on Spyders. Is there something else I should be trying?
Thanks

grannyspyderrider
02-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Hello ladies,

Leira,

I found GOS on FB and I love meeting all of the fine ladies there! It is so much fun exchanging information and getting to know everyone. Thanks!:f_spider:

Lamonster
02-03-2014, 02:35 PM
I've looked a couple of times and I cannot find Girls on Spyders. Is there something else I should be trying?
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlsonspyders/

Nicolette
02-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Newbie here - Sent request to join facebook group.

SpyderAnn01
02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Newbie here - Sent request to join facebook group.

Welcome and I'll look for you on GOS.

Cathy
06-01-2014, 08:21 PM
I would like to join the group but can not figure out how to.
Cathy from Texas

smurfette
06-01-2014, 09:29 PM
I would like to join the group but can not figure out how to.
Cathy from Texas
Cathy, please pm me with your FB user name, I'll be glad to send you an invite.

VegaSpyder
08-10-2015, 09:16 PM
:clap:
I've requested to join also. I'm buffedpupp!Would love to share the ryde with other ladies and their Spyders. Mine is a 2015 F3!! The guys are great but it's good to hear the female side as well ;)

Spyder 42
08-12-2015, 07:52 AM
I've submitted a request to join the group. Riding a '14 RTS.

In regard to the "girl" comments, I see that it can be derogatory or as a term of endearment, but it all depends on the situation and the relationship with the person using the terms. A "girls night out" doesn't bother me but, at 60, I don't respond well to someone referring to me in the third person using that word.

I was given the nick name " Big Girl" when I was in my 20's. That name was given to me by my team mates, but that was years ago and in a different lifetime.

Silver Lining
08-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I just purchased my first Spyder. Actually my first of any type of bike, 3-wheeled or otherwise. I don't even have it yet because I have to take the Riders Safety Course where I purchased it at. I just came back from Sturgis. I flew up to Oregon and a friend picked me up and we took off to Sturgis the next day on his Harley. It was a 3 day ride. Regardless that popping alot of Ibuprofen every day and that it was a Harley I was on, I enjoyed every minute of it !!! I'm almost 48 so I'm not as young as I used to be.

Nothing can compare to the experience of being on a bike in the open air where you can feel the air, smell it, seeing everything around you. It was sooo awesome! I live in Houston, Tx. and as soon as I get this baby home, I want to start going places with it. I hope that I can find a group of more mature folks that will be fun to ride with. I want to stay around here first to get used to riding in traffic, etc. I don't really even know how to operate it yet other than what the sales guy showed me, so it will take some getting used to. I just requested to join the Face Book group as well. I may start a Meetup Group for my area. There's only one in Houston and it doesn't look like there's much activity. I'm afraid to join any other Motorcycle groups because I don't know if they take the Spyder seriously. Has anyone else experienced that reaction? Also, have any of you gone to a biker type bar and experienced any negative reactions because you're on a Spyder? Just curious.

spyderjo333
08-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Hi Silver Lining, we are new too. We bought ours 3 months ago. I had never even sat on a motorcycle until we bought it. I'm still getting used to that. I have only been with this site for about a week.

Spyderling
09-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Hi ladies,
I've had my spyder for a couple of years and I can count on one hand the number of times I've taken it out. I hate riding alone. I've been searching online for peeps with similar interests and I'm glad to find this forum. I'm in south Florida - let me know who out there is interested in a group in the area. Good luck to everyone. Be safe out there and keep on cruising.

Redspyder
10-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Hello ladies,

:spyder2::spyder2: I don't have a Facebook account, but I think this is a great group for us ladies to share our experiences . I love my bike and ride in all seasons. How many of you grocery shop in your spyder? I always get a kick out of clerks that wonder how your going to fit all of the groceries in the bike, then you open all the trunks up and the next thing you know you'll have a crowd watching you..:dg1:

lyndamaynard
10-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Hi - I just now put in a request to join the Facebook group. Been riding Harleys for 20 years, got a 2015 RT this summer (bright red & her name is Natasha!) & have been lurking in these forums for a couple of months now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Radthorne
10-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Hi - I just now put in a request to join the Facebook group. Been riding Harleys for 20 years, got a 2015 RT this summer (bright red & her name is Natasha!) & have been lurking in these forums for a couple of months now...

Hi Lynda! I put in a request to the group too about a week or so ago but have not heard anything yet. Hopefully they still have an active moderator.

We just traded in our 2011 RT-S for a red 2015 RT-S a couple of weeks ago, her name is Ruby. :D We are not far from you, so hopefully we can do a ride together some time!

SpyderAnn01
10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Welcome. If you don't hear back from GOS in the next few days send me a private message with your name, as it appears in FB and I'll see what I can do. One of the mods is on a weekend getaway and another is in the process of relocating so they might not be checking.

lyndamaynard
10-17-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm in the Seattle/Tacoma area, although this weekend we're over in Naches, WA.

Radthorne
10-17-2015, 09:36 PM
I'm in the Seattle/Tacoma area, although this weekend we're over in Naches, WA.

Send me a private message whenever you're back in town and want to ride - we may still luck out and get some decent riding weather in before the usual rain hits in earnest!

LoveMyRyde
10-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Hi Ladies.

I've been rying to join Girls On Spyders for a while but can't seem to get a response. I've tried on Facebook and on the website. Can anyone help me out?:dontknow:

Thanks
Carol

Queen E
10-27-2015, 09:18 PM
Hello ladies,

I just sent my request! Thank you for mentioning it!

LoveMyRyde
11-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Maybe the group doesn't exist anymore :dontknow:

I'd really like to join if it still does

EAGLE27
11-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I am on the GOS list of members, but am unable to sign in on website.
Any help??

Brettssunshine
11-01-2015, 08:10 PM
I'm in GOS on Facebook but I'm not aware of a website. If you look up Girls on Spyders on FB and click the Join Group button, someone should get back to you.

Radthorne
11-01-2015, 10:43 PM

It does, though it may take the admins a few days to get you added. I submitted a request, some time passed, and in the end SpyderAnn helped me out and sent a message to one of the admins. My join request seemed to have dropped off or something by then, but when I did it again they added me.

sg2848775
11-03-2015, 09:10 PM
She has searched on the Net. But could not find a web site. Can you help

LoveMyRyde
11-04-2015, 08:20 AM
It does, though it may take the admins a few days to get you added. I submitted a request, some time passed, and in the end SpyderAnn helped me out and sent a message to one of the admins. My join request seemed to have dropped off or something by then, but when I did it again they added me.

Thanks for the reply. It's been months since I sent my requests (I tried twice). I think this would be a fun group to be a part of. I hope I can get in :pray:.

LoveMyRyde
11-04-2015, 08:28 AM
I'm in GOS on Facebook but I'm not aware of a website. If you look up Girls on Spyders on FB and click the Join Group button, someone should get back to you.

Hi and thanks. I have tried to join on Facebook (twice I think). My Facebook page is a joint page with my husband. Both our names are on it so maybe this is the reason :dontknow:?

Radthorne
11-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi and thanks. I have tried to join on Facebook (twice I think). My Facebook page is a joint page with my husband. Both our names are on it so maybe this is the reason :dontknow:?

That could be it. I know they posted on the site that when they go to check, if they don't see pics of Spyders or something related to riding they can't tell if it is a spam request. As my public facing FB page doesn't have a Spyder pic that may have been why mine was delayed.

Send me a PM with your Facebook name and I will go post over there and see if one of the admins will see it.

SpyderAnn01
11-05-2015, 03:07 PM
There is a forum similar to spyderlovers that was not widely accepted by the ladies. If you are trying to join it I believe you first must be a member on the Facebook page as you need your GOS member # for the forum. If any of you are having issues with Facebook feel free to send me a private message and include your Facebook name.

jasmine5276
02-22-2016, 03:48 PM
I just requested to join!I joined GOS last week and i still haven't gotten a reply. Does it take this long?

PrairieSpyder
02-22-2016, 07:09 PM
I joined GOS last week and i still haven't gotten a reply. Does it take this long?

I can't answer for GOS, so I'll just say: :welcome:

Pampurrs
02-23-2016, 03:13 PM
What is "Girls on Spyders" about? Just wondering. What do you get there that you don't get on SpyderLovers or any of the Spyder Facebook groups?

I'm not being cynical, just curious :dontknow:

Pam

Jharpo
02-28-2016, 09:28 AM

GOS has over 2000 members and is alive and well. Have you tried to get on the FB page? If you've requested to join, there is a good chance that you are a member. If you are having a problem, just friend me (Janie Ryon Harper) and I'll help. Member #322.

Jharpo
02-28-2016, 09:32 AM
I am on the GOS list of members, but am unable to sign in on website.
Any help??

Unfortunately our our website has not proven to be very popular but the more members, the better. If you are a member of our FB page, just sign in to the website by using your full Facebook name and your GOS member number.

Jharpo
02-28-2016, 09:49 AM
What is "Girls on Spyders" about? Just wondering. What do you get there that you don't get on SpyderLovers or any of the Spyder Facebook groups?

I'm not being cynical, just curious :dontknow:

Pam

Pam, with this (GOS) being a ladies only FB page, many women feel more comfortable asking questions regarding their Spyder than they don't on an open forum. We have also become a big family. A couple of years ago, I took my first long solo ride that I called my Meet My Systers Adventure. I was on the road almost a month riding from city to city, and visiting and sometimes even staying with dozens of these nice ladies that I had never met in person. We rode, we chatted, we laughed. I made many lifetime friends. It was a trip that I will never forget of over 3500 miles. This year I took a ride out to Colorado from Florida (6500 miles) and it was an amazing experience. All of this happened, because of GOS and another Facebook page, FEMS (Females Enjoying Motorcycling on Spyders).

Naben
02-28-2016, 11:22 PM
Hello ladies,

I joined but no reply from you yet!

Naben
03-02-2016, 12:36 AM
I joined but no reply from you yet!

Still no reply. My FB name is different than my name on this site. How do I reply?

GearHd
03-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Still no reply. My FB name is different than my name on this site. How do I reply?
A few posts back she said to send her a Facebook message. Her name is Janie Ryon Harper.

shaunac23
04-16-2016, 01:23 PM
Hi, I saw this post and requested to join the Facebook group. Might be easier to get answers to questions from other female riders then try to read through hundreds of posts here looking. Look for the name Shauna C. Thanks.

merr
05-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone,
I am new here and haven't even picked up my Spyder yet but she will be coming home this weekend!! I have sent a request to join the GOS fb page but have not heard back yet. I don't have pics up yet cause, well, cause she isn't home yet. My fb name is Cindy Lou. Thanks!

PrairieSpyder
05-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Hi, I saw this post and requested to join the Facebook group. Might be easier to get answers to questions from other female riders then try to read through hundreds of posts here looking. Look for the name Shauna C. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I am new here and haven't even picked up my Spyder yet but she will be coming home this weekend!! I have sent a request to join the GOS fb page but have not heard back yet. I don't have pics up yet cause, well, cause she isn't home yet. My fb name is Cindy Lou. Thanks!

:welcome: to both of you! I don't administer the BOS FB page, so I can't help with that. It could be that the people who do that are on their way home from SpyderFest or are still unpacking, etc.

Pearce0809
06-11-2016, 04:44 PM
I just requested to join!

Marcy
07-19-2016, 05:10 PM
Hi everyone,

My friend, Sara, 4uising (on this forum), is starting up an east coast chapter for Ladies National Chapter through Spyder Ryder's of America (http://www.spyderryderofamerica.com/ladies-national-chapter/). We are still in the infant stages and are mostly in the Northern Virginia area but we hope to expand and create a FB page.

Suziespyder
07-26-2016, 09:28 AM
Got email reply from Facebook, but still waiting for registration to get on.figured people were on vacation, but I am looking forward to join in with the other girls.thanks......Suziespyder

al0vely
08-05-2016, 04:46 AM
I enjoy GOS and spyderlovers equally. As a new spyder owner I enjoy learning as much as I can from others.

I have met one person here who is a lifeline for me ... hope to meet him and his wife someday as they only live an hour away.

Suziespyder
08-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Hello ladies,

Also how can I get GOS t shirts ?...
love GOS FB !! Thanks for starting it:ani29:

al0vely
08-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Also how can I get GOS t shirts ?...
love GOS FB !! Thanks for starting it:ani29:

Look in the pinned post at the top of the page on FB ... there is a link for the store.

sylvester
09-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Hello everyone just put name in on your facebook site Donnar hubby said join here as well. I've been riding 2 wheels for years, my husband traded his and my motorcycle on a 17 f-3 limited. After riding on the back i decided i'd like my own so we bought a 2014 RSS with 194 miles on the odometer, i really love it. I posted on his site for now. Anybody going to Lamonts Spyder rally in Springfield/Nixa Mo rally 14-17 Sept 17

PrairieSpyder
09-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Hello everyone just put name in on your facebook site Donnar hubby said join here as well. I've been riding 2 wheels for years, my husband traded his and my motorcycle on a 17 f-3 limited. After riding on the back i decided i'd like my own so we bought a 2014 RSS with 194 miles on the odometer, i really love it. I posted on his site for now. Anybody going to Lamonts Spyder rally in Springfield/Nixa Mo rally 14-17 Sept 17

:congrats: on your new RSS! I'm not going to Lamont's even this year, but you will love it if you go.

melodys39
09-14-2017, 09:29 AM
I just sent a request to join! Looks like my kind of group!

grieppc
10-10-2017, 09:02 PM
the wife signed up for this website a few weeks ago and already forgot her sign on but tonight I got her to sign up for the ladies facebook so look for Judi

bscofield84
10-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Just joined. Thanks for starting the thread!
PROUD WOMAN RIDER!!!

mckiml
10-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Just sent my request to join!

Arkridia
12-28-2017, 07:54 PM
I tried to join but because I do not own mine yet because I am waiting for my disability to be approved I was denied so now I won't request again. I will learn from this site everything I need to know. I do think it would of been interesting to learn from just women when getting ideas what model to buy seeing i have lost all feeling in my right leg but I will keep learning from this site. Good luck everyone trying to join

UtahPete
12-28-2017, 07:58 PM
I tried to join but because I do not own mine yet because I am waiting for my disability to be approved I was denied so now I won't request again. I will learn from this site everything I need to know. I do think it would of been interesting to learn from just women when getting ideas what model to buy seeing i have lost all feeling in my right leg but I will keep learning from this site. Good luck everyone trying to join
Okay, is this a gender thing? I'm confused (as usual)....

Peter Aawen
12-28-2017, 08:35 PM
I tried to join but because I do not own mine yet because I am waiting for my disability to be approved I was denied so now I won't request again.....

Don't let a little thing like this initial rejection stop you Arkridia; what with your back surgery & all the things you'll have to go thru just to get around & do whatever you want to do, a knock back like this now just because you don't yet have a Spyder is really only minor on the overall scheme of things! Yes, you could quite possibly consider it petty on their behalf, but hey, who will lose out the most if you don't have another go at joining later?? Altho they might well lose out a little by never having the pleasure of your company or friendship... right now, it looks like in the long term, the biggest loser if you don't persist will be you. :gaah:

So suck this one up, take it for what it really is atm - just a minor stumble along the road, and go out there & get your Spyder & THEN join!! You will almost certainly benefit the most in the long run, and seriously, as time progresses you WILL get bigger & far more hurtful set-backs, especially now that your mobility isn't quite up to the same standard as that of most others!! Some people seem to take joy in making life hard for others by exercising whatever tiny bit of power over you/your circumstances they may have, and if you show the slightest sensitivity or difficulty with achieving something they can & you can't or that you might have difficulty with whatever, they'll pile it on!! And sometimes, that will mean you end up with some seriously BIG fights that you have no option but to winor knuckle under!! So save your strength for the big ones, & let the little stuff like this one go.... you are better than that, don't let this bring you down to that petty level - brush this re-buff off get yourself sorted & ryding your Spyder, and then join - and maybe even work to change whatever rule stopped you joining when you first needed their support from within! :thumbup:

And don't forget to show us pics when you DO get your Spyder!! Have you checked out the Enabled Spyder Ryders section yet?!? Lots of good ideas for brackets & frame carriers etc in there, as well as intro's from a whole heap of us who have managed to overcome a few different challenges than the 'run of the mill' Spyder Ryders, and a lot of support & help on tap if needed too! :thumbup: Enjoy!! :yes::ohyea::2thumbs:

Arkridia
12-28-2017, 09:36 PM
Thank you for responding I guess you are right with everything going on I did take it personally. I have checked out the enabled rider and Mike even offered to make me a frack for my walker once I get my spyder if I am not able to use a cane by then. I still have not made up my mind on what model but I am leaning towards an st or rs. I know I will not be able to afford a rt. Also, when I test drove the rt I had a harder time looking behind me, maybe that will change with neck surgery but for now this is what I am looking for. My hearing will be within 9 months according to the paperwork I received today. I will continue reading as much as I can on this forum to learn more about my options and maybe when I get my settlement someone on this forum will have one for sale.

canamjhb
12-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Keep at it. The ride and friends are well worth it. Don't let the system/rules discourage you. Overcome.

flamingobabe
12-29-2017, 12:32 PM

Arkridia....if you want to join Girls on Spyders....I am an administrator and I can make this happen.....when did you request to join? what is your Facebook name? I will personally add you...sorry for confusion....my name is Charlyne Baker

SpyderAnn01
12-29-2017, 12:55 PM

Tammy, I have sent your name to the moderator on Girls on Spyders Facebook page and she said that she went back several months and does not see a request from you. You will need to ask to join again and she will approve it. As I mentioned in my private message to you, I do not believe that anyone posts on the Girls on Spyders forum anymore, in fact I can’t even find the website.

flamingobabe
12-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Tammy...Arkridia....you are now a member of Girls on Spyders....facebook

Demndawg
06-03-2018, 10:48 PM
I jus5 sent a request. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Floridian2017
06-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Hello. I just want to introduce myself since I’m new to the forum. I have a 2017 white RTS

GeorgiaMary
06-29-2018, 09:35 AM
You should check out the Girls on Spyders Facebook page.

shroth
09-02-2018, 06:05 AM
To "SALLYB"

Saw your Spyder last night 9/1 at Batavia Downs. Saw your GOS sticker. Amazing mods....my wife was totally impressed. Why do I think I'm spending more $$$$ ?

Hope the next time we can meet up.

Stay safe...........

Steve

christeymg
04-16-2024, 08:57 AM
I just requested to join. I just got a Ryker. Not a Spyder but the same family. Hope I'm welcome!

ARtraveler
04-16-2024, 10:06 AM
:welcome:

:oldpost:

This thread goes back to 2011. The last active post was in September 2018.