PDA

View Full Version : I would really like to know the moron......

Mac
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
.... who passed me up on I-285 in Atlanta the other day. I driving a bus load of kids on a tour to Orlando, Disney World, and this putz on a very dark, could have been black, RS comes flying beside me IN TRAFFIC, heavy traffic, and cuts me off. I couldn't see his head when he passed me. If this butt head is a member of this forum, and reads this, I would like to tell him this. Dude! I had 57 children on this bus. Their parents trusted me with their lives. Do you really think I would turn a bus over and kill them just to miss hitting you? Are you that stupid?? You would have been a grease spot under my rear tandems. I would have hit you and felt NO remorse, PERIOD! Any one who is that STUPID deserves what he or she gets.

People, people, people... Ride Smart! Ride Safe! Ride Smart! Big things that have more wheels than you can hurt! I don't want to have to fill out all the paper work that is required for an WHAMMOF**K...

Thanks for your time...

vampyregirl
08-01-2011, 04:46 PM
:yikes:

This is EXACTLY why some people will go out of their way to mess with people on bikes!!! Not a smart move at all!

I probably tick people off 'cuz I'm going the speed limit..... and obeying the traffic laws.....

Bob Denman
08-02-2011, 06:50 AM
:agree: As much as I don't happen to think that this actually happened; your viewpoint is valid and I concur... There are always going to be idiots in cages and idiots in helmets.Shoot; There are probably even a few bone-head Amish carriage drivers who want to race standard-breds!
Pleading for caution and common sense on the roads is laudable, but futile!
:gaah:
Or am I just cranky this morning??

boborgera
08-02-2011, 07:45 AM
How's the the saying go?; Let the first one without sin toss the first stone.
Can anyone say that they never pulled a bonehead move whether in a car or on a bike at some point in their life.:yikes:

Mac
08-02-2011, 07:48 AM
:agree: As much as I don't happen to think that this actually happened

Do you know me? NO? Well how can you say what happened to me the other day is not true? I don't lie and I am incensed by the accusations you made! Do you drive a motor coach? Or a Tractor Trailer? Or any LARGE commercial vehicle? I'm sure that the 'drivers' on this board have had or have seen stuff that you would doubt happened. I posted what happened to me as a reminder to ALL Spyder riders, BE CAREFUL! These machines are fun and quite nimble but not indestructible. I wanted Spyder riders to use their brains while riding. This moron was lucky this time, but how long will his luck hold out? When was the last time YOU, Bob, were in Atlanta?... Hummmmmm.... Maybe, just maybe......
:popcorn:

wyliec
08-02-2011, 07:51 AM
:agree: As much as I don't happen to think that this actually happened; your viewpoint is valid and I concur...

As much as I might agree with you, if I'm going to name call, I do it face to face. Calling names from behind a keyboard doesn't show me much.

I'm talking about the original poster, not you Bob.

fleegeds
08-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Can anyone say that they never pulled a bonehead move whether in a car or on a bike at some point in their life.:yikes:

I know I have... but that should not be an excuse to do it again. :dontknow: even though I will likely exercise poor judgment again. sorry to the next guy.

boborgera
08-02-2011, 08:17 AM
I know I have... but that should not be an excuse to do it again. :dontknow: even though I will likely exercise poor judgment again. sorry to the next guy.

It's not an excuse it's just a fact of life, We are all human, That's why there are erasers on pencils.:(

Mac
08-02-2011, 08:19 AM

This 'person' was on I-285, at night on a dark bike with dark clothing, weaving in and out of heavy Saturday night Atlanta traffic.
I ain't whippin' any bricks, 'cause I've done plenty of stuff that would stand the hair on the back of your neck.
Although I hit the brakes kinda hard, and heard the kids and the chaperone's gasped, I was trying NOT to hit this jerk. But between letting
nature take it's course, or me preventing turning a bus over, I'll take the latter.

"Me thinks he doth protest to much". Hummmmm?????

Mac
08-02-2011, 08:24 AM
As much as I might agree with you, if I'm going to name call, I do it face to face. Calling names from behind a keyboard doesn't show me much.

I'm talking about the original poster, not you Bob.

Where did I do any name calling???

fleegeds
08-02-2011, 08:28 AM

People, people, people... Ride Smart! Ride Safe! Ride Smart! Big things that have more wheels than you can hurt! I don't want to have to fill out all the paper work that is required for an WAMMOF**K...

Thanks for your time......-

Mac
08-02-2011, 08:33 AM
...-

Private message me. I'll tell you... It's just that I can't, or the powers that be won't let me print it out in full
Wham-0-F**K It's what you hear and say during an accident.

Bob Denman
08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Mac,
I think I mentioned that I agreed with your sentiment...
Maybe we both had too much "Brown Ambition" this morning! :coffee::coffee:
I've got too little driving talent to handle anything much larger than my Missus' Jeep. My brother and brother-in-law both have done over the road gigs and i've heard their war stories... :shocked:
Never been to Atlanta... I hear that it's a nice Town! (Even though as a Mets fan I hate the Braves!)

fleegeds
08-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Private message me. I'll tell you... It's just that I can't, or the powers that be won't let me print it out in full
Wham-0-F**K It's what you hear and say during an accident.
thank you for clearing that up.:opps:

MouthPiece
08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Short fuse.

Chris

retread
08-02-2011, 09:37 AM
When I see someone do something spectacularly stupid in traffic, I try to stay out of their sphere of influence, and add them to the list of things that prove Darwin was right.:doorag:

john

Mac
08-02-2011, 09:46 AM
:thumbup:

Mac,
I think I mentioned that I agreed with your sentiment...
Maybe we both had too much "Brown Ambition" this morning! :coffee::coffee:
I've got too little driving talent to handle anything much larger than my Missus' Jeep. My brother and brother-in-law both have done over the road gigs and i've heard their war stories... :shocked:
Never been to Atlanta... I hear that it's a nice Town! (Even though as a Mets fan I hate the Braves!)

Braves... Falcons... I'm the ORIGINAL STEELER NATION... (Born and breed in Pittsburgh)

wyliec
08-02-2011, 09:48 AM

"moron", "putz", "stupid". Did I miss any?

I brought up the name calling, because to me, your story would have been more believable from the start without those names.

When I originally read your post, I thought you were trolling and just trying to inflame others with spyders.

Bob Denman
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM
:thumbup:
Braves... Falcons... I'm the ORIGINAL STEELER NATION... (Born and breed in Pittsburgh)
I respect the Steel Curtain... I missed the NRA convention that was there in April this year, but I enjoyed their hospitality back in 2004... A VERY nice Town! :thumbup:
Hey! Where's that place that serves the sandwiches with the fries and everything piled up on top? :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
08-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I am glad to see everyone is talking again. Maybe a little something in the coffee to make us feel better. Jameson--or something of that nature. I have a board of directors meeting this morning, so I am not going to join you --but who knows later.

I did not answer yesterday, because I was not sure if this was a trolling post either. I see you are fairly new to the board. :welcome:

There are a lot of great people on the board--we don't always agree--but get issues solved quickly.

The safety message was worth remembering. And yes, I have done boneheaded moves also. Fortunately, everything turned out good.

Bob Denman
08-02-2011, 11:23 AM
I guess anybody can have a bad morning once in a while; I just never realized that it could be ME... :shocked:
I'm sorry that I kind of started this one off in a bad direction; the basic message about safety is always a good one! :thumbup:

SteveMac
08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Mmmm
Jamison. Good call!

I am glad to see everyone is talking again. Maybe a little something in the coffee to make us feel better. Jamison--or something of that nature. I have a board of directors meeting this morning, so I am not going to join you --but who knows later.

I did not answer yesterday, because I was not sure if this was a trolling post either. I see you are fairly new to the board. :welcome:

There are a lot of great people on the board--we don't always agree--but get issues solved quickly.

The safety message was worth remembering. And yes, I have done boneheaded moves also. Fortunately, everything turned out good.

Bozzzz
08-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Were they good kids or bad kids on the bus?

spyder3
08-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I guess anybody can have a bad morning once in a while; I just never realized that it could be ME... :shocked:
I'm sorry that I kind of started this one off in a bad direction; the basic message about safety is always a good one! :thumbup:

bob's always starting :cus:. I think the "missus" should limit his internet time!

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

MarkLawson
08-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Amen!

Tiny1
08-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Poor Bob

Mac
08-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I respect the Steel Curtain... I missed the NRA convention that was there in April this year, but I enjoyed their hospitality back in 2004... A VERY nice Town! :thumbup:
Hey! Where's that place that serves the sandwiches with the fries and everything piled up on top? :2thumbs:

Here ya go...

http://www.google.com/search?q=primanti+brothers&hl=en&client=opera&hs=Oh2&rls=en&channel=suggest&prmd=ivnsm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=cWo4TtmRCIe2tgeFjYmGAw&ved=0CDkQsAQ

Mac
08-02-2011, 04:37 PM
"moron", "putz", "stupid". Did I miss any?

I brought up the name calling, because to me, your story would have been more believable from the start without those names.

When I originally read your post, I thought you were trolling and just trying to inflame others with spyders.

They were not name calling... Colorful expletives. I guess I could have said "That very nice experienced Can Am Spyder Rider, with a very stealthy but beautiful motorcycle, passes me while I was operating my motor coach full of rude and unruly children who parents didn't care what happened to them in a manner to jar me back into a reality more suited to his liking." No Moron, putz, stupid fit better..

bone crusher
08-02-2011, 09:31 PM
They were not name calling... Colorful expletives. I guess I could have said "That very nice experienced Can Am Spyder Rider, with a very stealthy but beautiful motorcycle, passes me while I was operating my motor coach full of rude and unruly children who parents didn't care what happened to them in a manner to jar me back into a reality more suited to his liking." No Moron, putz, stupid fit better..

I think we're all morons, putzs, and stupid at times...

ARtraveler
08-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Jameson time in 5 minutes. :roflblack:

boborgera
08-03-2011, 12:00 AM
All together now Kumbaya,......:chat:.......Kumbaya ........:chat:.......:ohyea:

GeoffCee
08-03-2011, 05:04 AM
:agree: As much as I don't happen to think that this actually happened

Do you know me? NO? Well how can you say what happened to me the other day is not true? I don't lie and I am incensed by the accusations you made! Do you drive a motor coach? Or a Tractor Trailer? Or any LARGE commercial vehicle? I'm sure that the 'drivers' on this board have had or have seen stuff that you would doubt happened. I posted what happened to me as a reminder to ALL Spyder riders, BE CAREFUL! These machines are fun and quite nimble but not indestructible. I wanted Spyder riders to use their brains while riding. This moron was lucky this time, but how long will his luck hold out? When was the last time YOU, Bob, were in Atlanta?... Hummmmmm.... Maybe, just maybe......

Just LISTEN to yourself. With your temper do you think your are a fit person to be driving a bus load of kids? Cool down for God's sake. There was NO accident, you have NOTHING to get hot under the collar about. Most folks on this forum would welcome your opinion if expressed in a reasonable tone. I would suggest about now is the time to demonstrate you can do that. :spyder:

Ga Blue Knight
08-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Mac. Unfortunately if you come through Atlanta as I do you will see this type of bonehead driving routinely. Every time I go there to visit my daughter I feel like a just completed a combat mission!
We all need to to be very careful and not take for granted our greater stability on a Spyder. Yeah we don't have the falling down issue but getting hit by a bus,truck or even another motorcycle would not make for :trike:a good day

Bob Denman
08-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Since my Missus ain't about to cut my internet time I guess that I should try to behave better... :shocked:
After MAC jumped me for "questioning the veracity of his situation"... :opps:, I'm thinking that he probably hit the keyboard about as soon as he could and didn't have time to cool down from the boneheaded maneuver that got laid on his "doorstep"... and then I jumped in the middle of it and didn't help at all.
Cut him a break guys!:thumbup:

ARtraveler
08-03-2011, 11:21 AM
:agree: Let's cut him a break on this. The thought of what could have happened is scarry enough, and I can understand the emotions that happen from it.

Boborgera: Didn't you really mean kahlua, kahlua?

boborgera
08-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Boborgera: Did you really mean kaluah, kaluah?

Nope, It's Kumbaya. It's a camp song.

wyliec
08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Nope, It's Kumbaya. It's a camp song.

I thought everyone knew what Kumbaya meant. It's funny, but just based on all your posts that I have ever read, I don't believe you are a Kumbaya type. On the other hand, akspyderman sounds like a Kumbaya type of person.

ARtraveler
08-03-2011, 07:51 PM
But you can't drink a camp song. :D:roflblack:

Brevet05
08-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Were they good kids or bad kids on the bus?:roflblack::roflblack:

boborgera
08-03-2011, 11:05 PM
I thought everyone knew what Kumbaya meant. It's funny, but just based on all your posts that I have ever read, I don't believe you are a Kumbaya type. On the other hand, akspyderman sounds like a Kumbaya type of person.

Use to hum it every night when i was camping in South East Asia:D

Bob Denman
08-04-2011, 06:54 AM
But you can't drink a camp song. :D:roflblack:

But you CAN drink around a campfire... Or at least that's what I've heard... :opps:

GeoffCee
08-04-2011, 12:02 PM
But you CAN drink around a campfire... Or at least that's what I've heard... :opps:

Ah wus brung up to believe that's ALL you can do around a camp fire. They have a real big one at Camp David, I imagine. If the size of the President's runabout aeroplane or heliocopter is anything to go by. BIG stuff. :D

Bob Denman
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I think that the President's social crowd would prefer to "sip"... :gaah:
Now as for me... I'm a marshmallow-burnin' FOOL! :thumbup:

GeoffCee
08-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I think that the President's social crowd would prefer to "sip"...

Ya know, I've always considered people who sip their drinks to be somewhat insincere. My dad used to quaff a pint of ale with a determination and an honesty of purpose sufficient to melt the heart of the Devil himself. A more sincere man you'd be hard to find. When he said it was your turn to buy a round of drinks you just had to listen, otherwise he'd break your jaw. That's sincerity for you. :shocked: It can't be beat. ;)

Bob Denman
08-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I get the feeling that I'd have liked your Dad! :2thumbs: :clap:

Blue Star
08-07-2011, 02:27 AM
"That very nice experienced Can Am Spyder Rider, with a very stealthy but beautiful motorcycle"

That is me, but I live in California. You are right, as we all need to ryde safe no matter what we are driving/ryding.