PDA

View Full Version : Where are your from? Maybe some of us could meet up for a Ladies ride!

SpyderLady
08-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I live in O'Fallon, MO. I love to ride and would love to find other ladies in the area to ride with from time to time. Lake of the Ozarks is having their 5th annual Bikefest in September and would love to find some ladies to ride with down there.:chat::chat:

DynamoBT
08-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Would love to ryde with other fellow women Spyder ryders!! But, as far as I know there aren't too many of us up here in NH. I'm not free to do much long distance stuff. So, I'm rather limited in where I can go. Still, I do think it would be fun. Women do have a different attitude and expectation of what they want out of the Spyder than guys do. Not better or worse. Just different.

TwinPeaks
08-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I haven't been on SPYDER LOVERS in ages. Glad to see a ladies thread. I think the guys are worried about us. I just bought my second SPYDER, YEA!!! I have a 2009 RS and now I'm the proud owner of a 2011 RT. I fell in love with the SES, didn't think I would like it but I don't miss my stiff clutch lever. I would love to find other ladies to cruise with. Oh dynamo, I have a pure white 63lb baby girl bully who doesn't know she's a dog.

Mrs Hobstoppe
08-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I am in Salisbury NC and would love to do an all ladies!

klw
08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Lots of owners it sounds like around NJ and PA not many ryders. I continue to try and set rides
but, only the same 2 show up (men)It's all good... we still have fun....I wouldn't mind traveling to
meet up with the women and have a girls night out (or weekend) .....:clap:

Chikez
08-01-2011, 07:14 PM
I am on the west side of Baltimore County Maryland. I ride each weekend on the RT down to Rehoboth, DE to our RV. Love my Spyder.

flamingobabe
08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Texas...between Houston and Galveston......there are a few ladies down south...but have never been able to hook up with them.....have met a few of the guys...nice guys, too......my husband rides a Valkyrie and/or Harley....we are retired and travel on the bike often....we left home Thursday, July 21st and headed north to Bellaire, Mi to a Valkyrie ride-in....met: Lois from Minnesota, Bitsy224m from Michigan, Devl from Michigan....all Spyder riders...most of our husbands ride a Valkyrie.....my Spyder won the Non-Valkyrie bike show......we left Michigan and decided to travel towards Maine, for lobster and then head to Texas.....I'm trying to travel all 48 states....right now I have 31 states and plan to get 8 or 9 more before arriving home...tonight we are in Hornell, NY. hope to met some of y'all in the future......oh....I turned 25,000 miles on my Spyder today....pulled over for a photo.......I have owned my Spyder:
1 year, 2 months, 1 week and 1 day...:2excited::2excited:

Dentin028
08-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello!

I would love to meet you if you are coming this way or passing by. We go quite a bit to Nasville.
Roxie :f_spider: has been here for 2 weeks and I can't wait :pray: until this weather gets better to go on longer rides.

spydermonkey4
08-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Count me in,I would be interested in a ride for september.

dltang
08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Michigan here, just outside of Flint. Check out the MI forum for 3 Great Lakes in 3 Great Days coming up soon.

kyspydergal
08-02-2011, 02:07 PM
I am in Lancaster, KY where they still look at my Spyder as if it's an alien.

ruthie
08-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Meridian, Mississippi

vampyregirl
08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Toledo, OH

Wishing I could move into Michigan.....

bruisersbaby
08-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi! Been riding passenger for over a year with hubby. Now have learner's permit and hopefully will get some seat time in. Been so terribly hot it's not been good to ride. Hubby has to show me the ins and outs of this site. Good to meet you all! Oh - Goldsboro, NC here!

jwhatman
08-02-2011, 08:48 PM
I live in Florida, right outside of daytona beach, I've had my spyder for about 2 years. Drove to Georgia with it 2 times, hubby and I trailered our bike to Spyderfest this year. Good thing we did as the traveling weather was very wet. Huby rides 2 wheels,I ride the spyder. Would love to do a ladies ride sometime.
Joyce

Gimpy Girl
08-03-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm in northern NJ~ next door to Wayne. Would be more than happy to meet up with you ladies for a spin one of these days!

Dsmith205
08-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I've had my Spyder about a month and have put over 800 miles on. My husband rides a Harley Ultra Classic, and best friends also have Harley.
We are from Alabama.

Spydee1
08-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Checking in from Trussville Alabama. 2011 Black RTS. Had it for about 5 months and love it. Hubby has Honda Goldwing Trike.

azrn8285
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I am from Tucson, AZ. I just got my Touring Limited Edition 1 month ago. I really love it except for the wandering I get everytime I go over 65. Time for 6oo mile check up this week hopefully they can take care of that.

Explorer53525
08-09-2011, 02:30 AM
We've been lucky to meet about 30 Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois Spyder ryders on a couple of Charity rides this summer and are now planning regular rides with a dozen or so of them. I've set up website that has a calendar of our rides and the related photos. There are 3 lady drivers in our group. We found out about these rides, by following the state forums here on Spyderlovers.com. Any Spyders in the Wisconsin - Illinois area that would like to join us, just send me your email address and I'll register you at the site so you will get ride notices. We try to post on the State forums too.

Another great idea that part of our local HOG chapter started, is a regular Wednesday night dinner ride. One of their former members turned away from the dark side ;) and now rides a Spyder who in turn invited us to join them. Each Wednesday they meet at the local Harley dealer (Janesville, WI)at 6 pm. The group members take turns picking a restaurant in a near by town that we can "wander" over to. Usually we "wander" for about an hour before we get to our destination to eat. Last week it was an outdoor hamburger stand that had been running since 1918. The time before a Pizza place. Different folk show up each week as their schedules allow. So far we have been riding 3 Spyders with around 6 -9 Harleys. The Spyder driver that invited us usually sends out an email the Friday before announcing the weekly destination that was discussed at the prior weeks ride. It's very flexible but dependable.

I hope to meet you all at SpyderFest next year. I ride a red 2009 RS SE5 and my husband a red 2008
RS. We trailered down to Maggie Valley, but now that I have more experience the trailer stays home.:spyder2::spyder2: Greta Lambert

SpyderLady
08-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Count me in,I would be interested in a ride for september. Spydermonkey4, where in MO do you live? Also do you mind sharing your name. I would like to see if we can set something up for the Bikefest at Lake of the Ozarks. What is the best way to contact you. Feel free to email me at austin.linda47@GMAIL.COM

GASpyderLady
08-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I live in the North Atlanta area and am looking for other ryders. Chime in...

First attempt at a post - let's see if it works.....

glasspyder
08-09-2011, 04:52 PM
In Kansas City, I know one other woman who has a Blue RT in South Kansas City.

Try your local Women In the Wind chapters too.

Vaska
Itsy, 11, pure Mag, RS

GI Jane
08-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Birmingham, AL. Would love to go on a Ladies Ryde.

cracker
08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I live in the North Atlanta area and am looking for other ryders. Chime in...

First attempt at a post - let's see if it works.....Live in Maysville, Georgia there are two of us we just got back from a trip to Canada. Would love to ride sometime.

Questions
08-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Located in Abilene KS, 80 miles north of Wichita, 150 miles west of Kansas City.

alicej
08-12-2011, 07:40 PM
From Tannersville, PA. New to the Spyder World and not ready for a group ride yet (30+ years of Harley Habits to break), but would love to meet other Spyders - female or male. After 30+ years on 2 wheels, my husband and I bought a HD Trike in 2009. I had a very serious accident with it that left me with limited use of my left arm, hand, and leg. Cannot pull the clutch on the HD or use the heel-toe shifter. The Spyder was the only way for me to go, but I am taking it very s-l-o-w while I am trying to build up the strength needed in the left arm for safe ryding. I suspect that Americade 2012 will be my first trip adventure on the RT and I am already making plans.

Do any of you Spyder Ryders go to Americade, Lake George, NY?

CJ/johnnyg
08-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Toledo, OH

Wishing I could move into Michigan.....

Where at in Toledo are you from. I was born and raise there. But I've been in fl for about 33years. Still have family there and do come visit on occasions.

kawakii
08-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Would love to ryde with other fellow women Spyder ryders!! But, as far as I know there aren't too many of us up here in NH. I'm not free to do much long distance stuff. So, I'm rather limited in where I can go. Still, I do think it would be fun. Women do have a different attitude and expectation of what they want out of the Spyder than guys do. Not better or worse. Just different.

We are from NH too ! I am going to learn to drive our Spyder as soon as we install a handbrake. We live in the Concord area :)

Charlottes Web
08-19-2011, 08:54 PM
I live near Wilkes-Barre Pa. I would like to meet up with some women to ride.I'm a senior rider that just got my Spyder RTS.:spyder:

ThreeFeet
08-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Spydermonkey4, where in MO do you live? Also do you mind sharing your name. I would like to see if we can set something up for the Bikefest at Lake of the Ozarks. What is the best way to contact you. Feel free to email me at austin.linda47@GMAIL.COM Hey Linda When is the bike fest? And where could we meet up if I can get my Stuff together fast enough to catch up.;)

alicej
08-20-2011, 09:49 PM
I live near Wilkes-Barre Pa. I would like to meet up with some women to ride.I'm a senior rider that just got my Spyder RTS.:spyder:

Tannersville, PA here. Near the Crossing Outlets. About 45 minutes from the W-B area. As mentioned earlier, belong to the Rider Motorcycle Touring Club. Check out our web site for activities and rides. My land line is listed. www.poconoriders.com
:ohyea:

shoes8
08-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Just checking in from Wapakoneta, OHIO! Glad to see there is a place on here for us women riders...no scratch that...DRIVERS!

Jharpo
08-21-2011, 06:12 AM
I live in Florida, right outside of daytona beach, I've had my spyder for about 2 years. Drove to Georgia with it 2 times, hubby and I trailered our bike to Spyderfest this year. Good thing we did as the traveling weather was very wet. Huby rides 2 wheels,I ride the spyder. Would love to do a ladies ride sometime.
Joyce

Would love to meet more lady spyder riders. I live in Pasco County on the west coast but visit east coast on a regularly. Daughter lives in St. Augustine. Hopefully we can meet up sometime for a ride. I have a 2009 red SSM with a cruiser shield, and risers and peg extenders. Had the bike since April and truly love it.

GLHRN
08-21-2011, 06:27 AM
I am from the Nashville, TN area

spydermonkey4
08-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I live in Ironton, Mo. which is about 90 miles south of st. Louis. My name is Brenda Barton. I love to ride my spyder. I would love to go to bike feast. Just let me know. thanks. I guess the best way to contact me is on spyder lovers.com as spydermonkey4

Spydermonkey4, where in MO do you live? Also do you mind sharing your name. I would like to see if we can set something up for the Bikefest at Lake of the Ozarks. What is the best way to contact you. Feel free to email me at austin.linda47@GMAIL.COM

SpyderLady
08-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Okay 3 Feet and SpyderMonkey 4.... Bikefest is at Lake of the Ozarks from September 15-18th. Currently I am planning on going down early morning on Saturday the 17th and would gave to return home the same night. It looks like you two could probably meet up in St. James and either go to the lake the back roads or meet me in Jeff City and we could ride from there. John may or may not be with me.... but that is not an issue. I know how to get to Toad Cove which is where most of the stuff is going on. Wish I could manage more than one day but with other trips I am trying to spread the money around..... LOL. Keep in touch and let me know

ThreeFeet
08-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Okay 3 Feet and SpyderMonkey 4.... Bikefest is at Lake of the Ozarks from September 15-18th. Currently I am planning on going down early morning on Saturday the 17th and would gave to return home the same night. It looks like you two could probably meet up in St. James and either go to the lake the back roads or meet me in Jeff City and we could ride from there. John may or may not be with me.... but that is not an issue. I know how to get to Toad Cove which is where most of the stuff is going on. Wish I could manage more than one day but with other trips I am trying to spread the money around..... LOL. Keep in touch and let me knowWhoa Nelly I will be in Wisconsin for the Colorrama thing. I leave the 11th and should be back around the 23rd 24th? So sorry to miss this one but already told the folks up there I will be in town then. ope to get with ya on another day or when ever.

Jersey Girl
08-22-2011, 04:43 PM
:ohyea:Hello all, I'm from the Jersey Shore. You know where they have that show on MTV (sorry to say). I've had my RT Limited almost a month and so far put on over 1000 miles. It is an awesome ride.

IMRU3
08-23-2011, 01:07 AM
I am from the "Biggest Little City In The World" - Reno, NV. I don't see a lot of Spyder lady riders around here, but I heard from our local dealer that they will start a Chapter here soon. I would really hope so. I don't know where everyone is hiding this summer. Street Vibrations is coming next month (Sept.21-25) and there will be a lot of HD riders and choppers here. I would hope to see Spyder ryders here. :)

SpyderBilly
08-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I am from the Montreal, Quebec area. I know you guys are all from the US but we never know maybe one day I will make a trip down your way or you will come up my way! ;) Would like to go to the Spyderfest 2012.....
Just returned from a 3300km trip which took us Eastern part of Quebec, New Brunswick, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We saw only 2 Spyders in Maine.... None in New Hampshire and Vermont. We felt like Aliens!! :ani29: But it was a very nice trip! I ride a black 2011 RS-S. And I love it. Got it in May and already have 6800km (4200 miles).

lissy
08-25-2011, 07:44 PM
I live in Florida, Tampa area

AutumnCat
08-25-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm in the York, PA area. Would love to meet up with other Spyder ryders!

Florida girl
08-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Jersey shore in the summer and fall and southwest Florida in the winter. Would love to ride with ladies in my areas! Not too happy about being in the Jersey shore right now however. :( I think we will be evacuated from our home tomorrow. I live on the water and we have a terrible flood zone with no hurricanes! :yikes: Moved the Spyder to what I hope is safer ground today, although only 5 minutes away. With all of this scary talk on t.v. I can only keep my

fingers crossed! :pray:

DocRags
08-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Jersey shore in the summer and fall and southwest Florida in the winter. Would love to ride with ladies in my areas! Not too happy about being in the Jersey shore right now however. :( I think we will be evacuated from our home tomorrow. I live on the water and we have a terrible flood zone with no hurricanes! :yikes: Moved the Spyder to what I hope is safer ground today, although only 5 minutes away. With all of this scary talk on t.v. I can only keep my

crossed! :pray: Good luck, Florida girl...this has to be one of the few times that your Jersey location is riskier that the Florida one as far as hurricanes go. We flooded our home outside Pensacola FL with Hurricane Ivan :yikes: (along with my BMW Z4 :cus: and hubby's truck...pre-Spyder days), so I hope you fare way better than we did with the storm. If you're ever up the Panhandle way, let us know.

SpydherLuv
08-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Fair Oaks, California (near Sacramento). I'm the President of the Spyder Ryder of America - Sacramento Chapter. Bought my first Spyder in March of this year, '09 GS SM and recently upgraded to a 2011 RT-S SE. Does life really get any better than this? :2thumbs:

Boris
08-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I live in Upstate NY in the Summer and Central Florida in the Winter:f_spider:

OceanEyes
08-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone!!! I'm in Fredericksburg, VA. If you're in my area or even the state, I try to post rydes in the Virginia forum. We have ryders from VA and Maryland who meet up on occasion, all men. I need some ladies to join me so I'm not always the odd woman out. I'm also interested in meeting other ryders from the surronding states for rydes.

AKspydergirl
08-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Now I know where to put this....

bitsy224m
08-28-2011, 10:40 AM
HEY ALL YOU GALS OUT THERE I LIVE IN BELLEVUE,MI NEAR BATTLE CREEK AND LOVE TO RIDE WITH CAMERA IN TOW....HOPE WE CAN ALL RIDE TOGETHER SOME TIME.....:clap::clap::clap:

Questions
08-28-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm in Knoxville, Tennessee. Anyone else nearby?:thumbup:

Dentin028
08-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm in Memphis... but we can always meet in Nashville ;)

ssaulmer
08-31-2011, 08:11 PM
I would love to find other spyder riders near fort myers fl.

GLHRN
09-01-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm in Mt Juliet, TN (Nashville). So if Betty Boop and Dentin come to Nashville, let me know.... I will ryde with you!

SpyderLady
09-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Ladies as I have posted on facebook.... I am working on a spreadsheet that I will send out. It will show names/city/state/email address and name on here if I get it from you. Hope to have this done soooooonnnnn..............

spydergal
09-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I live in western Washington, land of Puget Sound. Anyone else from my area?

Paula(Butch2025)
09-02-2011, 07:56 AM
North Branch, MN - about 50 miles north of Twin Cities and 20 miles west of the WI border.

I use my husband's name on here, he hates to type so if you see ButchA2025 it's almost always me: Paula

DocRags
09-02-2011, 04:57 PM
I am in Lancaster, KY where they still look at my Spyder as if it's an alien. When some truckers down here (Pensacola FL) were :chat: with Ed about our :spyder2: (after expressing amazement "who would believe that weird-looking motor-sickle HAS a CB radio), the conversation got around to cost. His answer got one of them to remark "That's about what a double wide costs in Kentuck!" :yikes: They must have been your neighbors! :joke: LOL

Dentin028
09-03-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm in Mt Juliet, TN (Nashville). So if Betty Boop and Dentin come to Nashville, let me know.... I will ryde with you!

I'll be there on Oct 15 there is an event there few spyders will be there. I think is at American Motor sports sponsoring it.

paintedlady
09-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I live in Angier, Nc and in Shelby, Nc I have a 2010 RTs would love to meet up with some lady riders. I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders when ever I can.:2thumbs:

phantom13lady
09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I live in Winston-Salem. Let's RYDE!
:clap:

cunicorn
09-24-2011, 10:27 PM
would like to find riders in madison heights area to ride with.:spyder:

Chikez
10-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I have the Blue RTS Spyder. Luv my spyder.. Live in Baltimore, Maryland. Any other ryders in my area?:clap:

Shewhoprays
10-10-2011, 07:48 AM
I live in Columbia, Missouri. I don't have a lot of weekends free to ride though as I am on call at a local hospital and our families all live in other states so we travel a lot to see the folks and grandkids..... but I would love a ladies ride if it worked out for me.

Blondespyder
10-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Amarillo, Texas... The closest I get to ride with other Spyder riders is in sturgis every year.. And this year I will be at spyderfest! Can't wait to meet so many of yall. :)

DaGrlz
11-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Little town about 25 miles north of Columbus OH.

Love2Ride
11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm about four hours from Atlanta and an hour from Augusta. :)

spydergurl
11-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm in Concord, NC! Love riding my spyder!

Boots
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM
I am from Grand Rapids,Michigan. Only been riding two years.Love my SPYDER ! !