PDA

View Full Version : Folding A Travel Cover

BitSlayer
07-31-2011, 05:53 PM
This is a strange question, but is there a recommended approach to folding the travel cover for the :spyder:? We have folded ours several times and each time, it just does not want to fit back into the attached bag very well. Maybe that is just how it is, but it looked so nice coming from the factory... :(

NancysToy
07-31-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't fold mine, I just stuff it back in. There is a reason they call these things "stuff-sacks". :)

Yol Bolsun
07-31-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't fold mine, I just stuff it back in. There is a reason they call these things "stuff-sacks". :):2thumbs:

Paula(Butch2025)
07-31-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't fold mine, I just stuff it back in. There is a reason they call these things "stuff-sacks". :)

:thumbup:

SteveMac
07-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Tried to stuff my travel cover back into the stuff sack a few times. Got tired of fighting it. I found one of those cheap little back packs that are giveaways at various events. The cover stuffs in there easily and lies nicely in the bottom
of my frunk! No more hassle for me!

murphybrown
07-31-2011, 08:10 PM
I just do the way I used to stuff my sleeping bags...put the bag part on floor between my feet and stuff away...I even have room for the BIG t shirt I use to cover windshield first...pull the pucker string and there you go...then it stuff's in a corner on Spyder....I like stuffin' - I can get lots of stuff by stuffing :roflblack::roflblack:

BitSlayer
08-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks all! I guess a stuffing I will go...

bullant12
08-05-2011, 11:05 AM

:agree:

Tried to stuff my travel cover back into the stuff sack a few times. Got tired of fighting it. I found one of those cheap little back packs that are giveaways at various events. The cover stuffs in there easily and lies nicely in the bottom
of my frunk! No more hassle for me!

I can't see why you would have issues. I do like Scotty and mostly everyone else does. I have pulled out and stuffed mine several times with no issues. It takes a while, but no issues!;)

SpyderBen
08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I tried to fold several times and finally gave up. Now I just start stuffing the portion closest to the bag and continue from there. This has worked fine and believe it or not it always seems to fit back in. Good luck.

SteveMac
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Probably due to my low patience level! Recognizing the problem is half of the solution . . .!

I can't see why you would have issues. I do like Scotty and mostly everyone else does. I have pulled out and stuffed mine several times with no issues. It takes a while, but no issues!;)

ARtraveler
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Stuffing is the way to go. They are like road maps--remember them? Those were those paper things that we picked up free at any gas station when we were traveling. You could usually get several surronding states. Unless you were real good, it was difficult to get them back to the original folds.

SpyderSteve
08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Stuffing is the way to go. They are like road maps--remember them? Those were those paper things that we picked up free at any gas station when we were traveling. You could usually get several surronding states. Unless you were real good, it was difficult to get them back to the original folds.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.png

I still use them, Except now gas stations charge 4.95+ taxes [forgot to bring my old one]

DougB
08-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Just stuff it!

AndyIsRiding
08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I just give it to my Wife.

She has figured out how to fold it into a long narrow line and then rolls it and stuffs it in.

RTGENE
08-05-2011, 04:06 PM
As for just stuffing the bag with your cover---you can practice folding a fitted sheet on the livingroom floor.
Once you have accomlilshed this skill you can then be proud of your neatness.
Tell the stuff it people to stuff it.
You can thank me later.

ARtraveler
08-05-2011, 05:48 PM
kahlua my Lord, kahlua------------------:roflblack: