PDA

View Full Version : Any Ride Interest For Kentucky Lake Weekend

StriperKing
07-31-2011, 05:35 PM
I would like to try to get a weekend ride at Barkley Lake and Kentucky Lake. Here is what I fave in mind:
Place-Buzzard Rock Resort & Marina
Time- Oct. 14th thru 16th with over night stay Fri. 14th and Sat. 15th and mostly ride home on Sun. 16th
Reason- Can`t find a reason not to, lol.
I don`t really have much else planned out yet as far as rides, etc. We can plan more if we get some interest. This is an absolutly beautiful place to ride, not many tight twisties but lots of scenic roads. Buzzard Rock has some resort units with 2 double beds (in the same room) overlooking the lake and some cabins with 2 qween beds in seperate rooms. This is the off-season so it is a little cheaper. Resort units are $84.15 + tax per night and the cabins are somewhere around $175.00 per night. We are OK with a resort or spliting a cabin with another couple or person. Buzzard Rock has a deck type cafe with great burgers, wraps, etc. and a deck bar that overhangs the marina with ice cold beer, margaritas, etc. which brings up another issue. We do not drink and ride but we will have a few drinks in the evenings, if this is against your grain this ride is not for you. If you do not but don`t mind if others do that is great also. If there are Spyder riders that would like to kick back on the deck and have a few cold ones and trade stories in the evenings then we should have a ball. Here is a link to Buzzard Rock http://www.buzzardrock.com/ I will post a couple pics but have more if you want me to email them to you. I can take care of all reservations if you would like but it will be hard to cancel at the last minute or you can do it yourself if you prefer. What I would like to do is get enough commitment to book the rooms, cabins, etc. If we wait we will loose out. Looking to do this soon so we can and get as many riders as possible. :thumbup:
Confermed so far:
1. StriperKing
2. chickenhoose
3. SteveMac
4. CyncySpyder
5. BMW
6. rcdurango
7. tofriendscreek
8. Jim & Lois Vanwinkle on their HD
9. kentuckyguy at least for the ride and hanging out since he only lives 2-miles
away.
10. Mr Orange
11. A. Parker
12. Walter & Linda Engelke
13. Pomatto & Wife
14. tdoug60

StriperKing
08-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Just thought I would get this back up. ;)

chickenhoose
08-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I discussed this plan to my wife Leesa, she checked to see if she had to work that weekend and doesn't.
As a kid 45 years ago we wore the water out skiing on Barkley and Ky lakes. In the fall of 76 we hit a stump coming out of a cove in Barkley and sunk my buddies dad's house boat. One of those things you never forget.

We are interested in the proposal, keep me in touch. Pm and i'll exchange phone numbers. Sounds like fun.

Jerry

StriperKing
08-01-2011, 07:15 PM
I discussed this plan to my wife Leesa, she checked to see if she had to work that weekend and doesn't.
As a kid 45 years ago we wore the water out skiing on Barkley and Ky lakes. In the fall of 76 we hit a stump coming out of a cove in Barkley and sunk my buddies dad's house boat. One of those things you never forget.

We are interested in the proposal, keep me in touch. Pm and i'll exchange phone numbers. Sounds like fun.

Jerry
Great, I think it will be fun. I will send a PM

rcdurango
08-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I can't think of anything better than kicking back after a long days ride and having a beer or two. I spent a lot of time on the lake as a kid. My dad owned a lot there in the area your talking about. Keep me posted and if we can be of any help let me know.

BMW
08-02-2011, 10:45 AM
was looking for a date or month. wouldn't mind making that ride myself.:ohyea::clap:

CyncySpyder
08-02-2011, 01:09 PM
I can't commit to anything as of right now, cause TEDDYS schedule is always changing.Curious if they offer camp-sites with electric and also offer restrooms with showers, if you know? I ask cause with not even getting 40 hrs/week at work, my budget is EXTREMELY tight & our Moto-Mate Camper makes for a great home away from & camp-sites are usually pretty easy on the wallet.This DOES sound like it would be a great time with great ppl, so I hope we can make it work.Dave & Teddy

StriperKing
08-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I can't commit to anything as of right now, cause TEDDYS schedule is always changing.Curious if they offer camp-sites with electric and also offer restrooms with showers, if you know? I ask cause with not even getting 40 hrs/week at work, my budget is EXTREMELY tight & our Moto-Mate Camper makes for a great home away from & camp-sites are usually pretty easy on the wallet.This DOES sound like it would be a great time with great ppl, so I hope we can make it work.Dave & Teddy
There is camping close to the cabins but I think we could probably get it worked out so you could just park in the boat ramp parking lot. You only take up as much room as a truck. I will talk to them and see what can be done, really nice people I think.

StriperKing
08-02-2011, 05:52 PM
was looking for a date or month. wouldn't mind making that ride myself.:ohyea::clap:
It is Oct 14-16 (Fri.-Sun.) plan on staying overnight Fri. and Sat. then ride home sometime Sun. Hope you can make it. :clap:

chickenhoose
08-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I am getting excited to think bmw and cincy spyder may be joining us. I had the pleasure of being with bmw and Linda saturday. Leesa and i had a great time together for lunch. I visited with Teddy's owner,cincy at spyderfest. I hope you can schedule it in. we'll have a blast.

SteveMac
08-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes yes yes.
We are heading to Branson the week prior with the MoGang. However I think back to back weekends of RYding sounds great!!

Kicking back with a beverage won me over. . . .!

The calendar ( at least for now ) is open that weekend.

Count us in.

Chickenhoose, are you coming down I57 through Cairo? If so PM me your schedule when the day gets closer. We will swing northeast from our house to intercept you and then pair up rYding to the lake. I don't mind hitting those southern Illinois roads !

Trickie Dick
08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Not sure yet if we can make it but it's on my calendar. Looks like a fun area. Should be a great time of the year also.

CyncySpyder
08-03-2011, 08:51 AM
There is camping close to the cabins but I think we could probably get it worked out so you could just park in the boat ramp parking lot. You only take up as much room as a truck. I will talk to them and see what can be done, really nice people I think.

:thumbup:Appreciate you checking into it for us:thumbup: It would be GREAT to see both of you again along with many of the other SpyderLovers.com family :2thumbs: Let us know what they say:popcorn:

StriperKing
08-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I have PM`d all who have shown interest but I am going to call eveveryone who would like me to Thurs. afternoon to try and arrange the first rounds of reservations. If you would like me to call you also even if you just want info get me your # before Thurs. evening. They do not have a huge # of cabins and resort units so don`t wait to long. Would love to have anyone who wants to come.

chickenhoose
08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Striper king,
I received an email from Steve Mac today. He indicates he wants included in our ky ride. I hope others in the area will step up to join us. The trees should be beautifull this time of year and cooler. How great will that be?

Hope to talk tomorrow night.

Jerry

BMW
08-04-2011, 09:30 AM
bump:D

BMW
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
It is Oct 14-16 (Fri.-Sun.) plan on staying overnight Fri. and Sat. then ride
home sometime Sun. Hope you can make it. :clap: I'll be there Lord willing and crik don't rise. PM me or call 618-259-2565 Thank you. :clap::D

tofriendscreek
08-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Put me down as very interested in making the ryde. PM me or call 217.433.8296.

SteveMac
08-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey Mark,
Hope you both can make it. Sounds like a good trip. Hope to see you there! :2thumbs:
SteveMac

Put me down as very interested in making the ryde. PM me or call 217.433.8296.

StriperKing
08-04-2011, 10:19 PM
So I have called everyone except for tofriendscreek and I just saw his post and will call him also.
Here is where we are so far. There are 8-cabins available and 5-resort rooms. chickenhoose and BMW are going to share a cabin. SteveMac and myself (StriperKing) and CincySpyder are sharing another cabin, CyncySpyder and Teddy are taking the couch so that should work out great. RCDurango is taking a resort unit so that leaves 6-cabins and 4-resort units left. I do not have these reserved so who knows how long they will last. I do have exact costs now. A cabin is 170.75 total including tax per night and a resort is 91.88 total per night. Don`t miss out we will have a ball. Everybody sounded really excited. :clap:

CyncySpyder
08-04-2011, 11:03 PM
:clap:29611:clap:

BMW
08-05-2011, 08:37 AM
bump :D

StriperKing
08-05-2011, 06:34 PM
If anyone calls on their own to make a reservation be sure to tell them you are with the Spyder group. They have a 3-day minimum but are letting us have the 2-night deal because we will have a bigger group and they said they would like to put together some kind of discount or package depending on how many units we reserve. By the way all motorcycles welcome also.

BMW
08-06-2011, 07:15 PM

BMW
08-07-2011, 01:53 PM
reservations made for a resort unit. Looking forward to this wkend. :ohyea::pray:for great weather. :clap:

BMW
08-08-2011, 06:50 PM

StriperKing
08-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Just seeing if there was any more interest? Would love to have more Spyderlovers.

StriperKing
08-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Dave and Teddy will be there and so will tofriendscreek. I have a list on the start of the thread showing those who are going for sure.
This looks really good. If my east coast trip comes off this would be the weekend I'm heading home. You know if Teddy, I mean Dave is going to be there that qualifies this a must do since it's "on the way" home. :ohyea: Oh and tofriends is gong to be their too. This should be fun. Even if my east coast trip falls through I can come down just for this.

What the heck, sign me up! :yes: How is the room situation at this point?

StriperKing
08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Just got another couple signed up Jim & Lois Vanwinkle on their Harley Davidson. They will be staying with chickenhoose. Lots more room....:D

chickenhoose
08-14-2011, 09:09 PM
This is For all those folks that have signed up to have a fun weekend in the Ky. lake area on the weekend of Oct,14-15 and16 and those thinking about it. Leesa and i rode down to Buzzard Rock on Barkley lake today, Becky [manager] was very helpfull in showing us around.We had a tour of the cottages, they seem very clean and have lake front views with porches.

There are still rooms available. The more we get the better our cost is . They will even schedule a band that Sat. if we have a few more.

The riding should be very good on the trace and scenic overviews.
If anyone would like to get together and ride through Shawnee Forest on Friday going down let me know. Bmw is going to meet me in Benton and we will ride south to meet Steve Mac deeper in so Illinois. Maybe we can catch interesting pts,on the way,slide across to Cave-in-Rock, cross the Ohio on the Ferry,stop at Amash settlement stores along twisty canopied roads.
I look forward to meeting all of you.
Jerry

tofriendscreek
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Jerry,
Laurie and I will be heading to Southern IL on Thursday to do some exploring. Don't know how that might fit into your schedule above, but it's always nice to ryde with folks who are familiar with the territory and know about the cool places. Ideas, etc., would be appreciated. Really looking forward to the people, sites and adventures. What a line up of characters so far. :roflblack: It will be a blast. :thumbup:

kentuckyguy
08-15-2011, 01:59 PM
WOW oh WOW.. I am glad I seent his thread.. I live 5 mins from Buzzard Rock an 2 miles from Barkley Lake... Myself an my wife would be more then willing to help anyone out with info around here an OF COURSE WE WILL RIDE..... Striperking I will send you a private message with my phone number an anyone else that would like some info on the area you are more then welcome to send me a private message with you number an I will call you..... This is gonna be awsome.......

StriperKing
08-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Shaping up to be a great trip. Now we even have a tour guide. Great to have you kentuckyguy! :clap: :D

kentuckyguy
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Shaping up to be a great trip. Now we even have a tour guide. Great to have you kentuckyguy! :clap: :D

LOL tour guide.. I wouldnt go that far.... Anyway we can figure out a nice route depending on how many miles people wanna ride.. If you could please find out what everyone has in mind as far as mileage.. There are several options.. The best route would be the route threw the LBL area an we could have several stops along the way....

rcdurango
08-16-2011, 10:09 AM
StriperKing, Judy and I are going on a vacation next week and will call as soon as we get back to book our room. But we will plan to be there. Just didn't want to tie up any monies until we return home.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.994059,-87.556053

StriperKing
08-16-2011, 07:28 PM
StriperKing, Judy and I are going on a vacation next week and will call as soon as we get back to book our room. But we will plan to be there. Just didn't want to tie up any monies until we return home.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.994059,-87.556053
Sounds great, looking forward to riding with you guys again.

kentuckyguy
08-16-2011, 10:19 PM
As some of you may or may not know I live in the area that Srtiperking is talking about rideing to... I live 2 miles from Barkley lake an 5 mins from Buzzard Rock.. Striperking an I have been talking threw PM about this ride an he has asked me to guide you wonderful people on your little ride here in Western Kentucky... I have a few questions for you to answer that might give me more of an idea on what you are wanting to see an about how many miles you wanna ride that Sat.. I will list a few places that might be of interest to you an if you would like to comment please feel free to chime in..

Also I have talked to the people at the local Days Inn here in Kuttawa (exit40 on I24) about a discount for some rooms.. There are 2 levels at the motel.. The ground level is 67.99+ tax per night per couple + 5.00 per person for each extra person (max 4 to a room).. The 2nd level has rooms for 62.99 an all applies as the ground level.. If enough people are interested I can get these rates with a min 10 room purchase...

Now for the ride an the sights to see..

1st Kentucky State Penitentiary ( castle on the cumberland)
2nd Old Kuttawa over looking Barkley lake
3rd Land Between the lakes (LBL) with several stops along the way ending up in Dover Tnn.. Approx 60 mile ride one way
4th Paris Landing state park over looking part of Kentucky lake..
5th Murray Ky where the MSU college is located.. Just a ride threw.. No stops..
6th Below the Kentucky Dam
7th Grand Rivers Ky (where Patties 1880 settlement is located) Ride threw..
8th Below Barkley Dam an then return back to Buzzard Rock for the night..

Please keep in mind that Ind, ILL an Ky does not have a helmet law but the state of Tnn does.. So everyone would need to bring a helmet with them if we take this route.. The ride going threw the LBL area will have apporx 4 stops if everyone is interested... Total ride will be approx 200-230 miles in length.. We will take several breaks from the rideing to refuel the bikes an ourselves an pick a place to have lunch.. I will talk to the manager of a local bar an grill to see if it would be ok for us to meet that Sat morning there on there parking lot... We need to be on the road no later then 9:00 am that morning to allow for all the stops that I have listed.. Also there is a Huddle House an Wendys loacted across the streat from the meeting spot for folks to eat breakfast.. Also up the road in Eddyville 5 miles away there is a McDonald's an Hardee's located on Hwy 62...

If anyone has any more suggstions or would like to see a some different places feel free to post them here...

StriperKing
08-17-2011, 07:26 PM
As some of you may or may not know I live in the area that Srtiperking is talking about rideing to... I live 2 miles from Barkley lake an 5 mins from Buzzard Rock.. Striperking an I have been talking threw PM about this ride an he has asked me to guide you wonderful people on your little ride here in Western Kentucky... I have a few questions for you to answer that might give me more of an idea on what you are wanting to see an about how many miles you wanna ride that Sat.. I will list a few places that might be of interest to you an if you would like to comment please feel free to chime in..

Also I have talked to the people at the local Days Inn here in Kuttawa (exit40 on I24) about a discount for some rooms.. There are 2 levels at the motel.. The ground level is 67.99+ tax per night per couple + 5.00 per person for each extra person (max 4 to a room).. The 2nd level has rooms for 62.99 an all applies as the ground level.. If enough people are interested I can get these rates with a min 10 room purchase...

Now for the ride an the sights to see..

1st Kentucky State Penitentiary ( castle on the cumberland)
2nd Old Kuttawa over looking Barkley lake
3rd Land Between the lakes (LBL) with several stops along the way ending up in Dover Tnn.. Approx 60 mile ride one way
4th Paris Landing state park over looking part of Kentucky lake..
5th Murray Ky where the MSU college is located.. Just a ride threw.. No stops..
6th Below the Kentucky Dam
7th Grand Rivers Ky (where Patties 1880 settlement is located) Ride threw..
8th Below Barkley Dam an then return back to Buzzard Rock for the night..

Please keep in mind that Ind, ILL an Ky does not have a helmet law but the state of Tnn does.. So everyone would need to bring a helmet with them if we take this route.. The ride going threw the LBL area will have apporx 4 stops if everyone is interested... Total ride will be approx 200-230 miles in length.. We will take several breaks from the rideing to refuel the bikes an ourselves an pick a place to have lunch.. I will talk to the manager of a local bar an grill to see if it would be ok for us to meet that Sat morning there on there parking lot... We need to be on the road no later then 9:00 am that morning to allow for all the stops that I have listed.. Also there is a Huddle House an Wendys loacted across the streat from the meeting spot for folks to eat breakfast.. Also up the road in Eddyville 5 miles away there is a McDonald's an Hardee's located on Hwy 62...

If anyone has any more suggstions or would like to see a some different places feel free to post them here...
This sounds good to me. What does everyone else think?

BMW
08-17-2011, 08:00 PM
:agree: :clap: :ohyea: fun wkend.

kentuckyguy
08-18-2011, 10:09 PM
BUMP

CyncySpyder
08-18-2011, 10:50 PM
This looks really good. If my east coast trip comes off this would be the weekend I'm heading home. You know if Teddy, I mean Dave is going to be there that qualifies this a must do

:yes:Sounds like a party to us:yes:

kentuckyguy
08-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Come people.. We need alot more to sign up...

chickenhoose
08-23-2011, 10:11 PM
It would be nice if the local Spyder dealer would take interest in this project and help promote it like Len does at Cowtown for Spyderfest.

rcdurango
08-24-2011, 07:23 AM
I posted this trip on Facebook as an event with all my spyder friends. Hopefully this will help get the word out that this could be a cool riding weekend.
Cross your fingers. Lol what if this pops into something big?

StriperKing
08-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Sounds like it is getting better all the time. :clap:

kentuckyguy
08-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Who is the local dealer and has anybody contacted him? They might not even know about this ryde. :dontknow:

I will talk to them tomorrow whenI go pick up my new RT..

kentuckyguy
08-30-2011, 02:43 PM
I talked to the local spyder dealer an he said if we could come up with a flyer of some kind he would mail it to everyone that he has sold spyders to... I will be trying to get would fixed up in the next few days....

StriperKing
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
I talked to the local spyder dealer an he said if we could come up with a flyer of some kind he would mail it to everyone that he has sold spyders to... I will be trying to get would fixed up in the next few days....
Thanks for taking so much interest. It really helps.

carny bill
08-30-2011, 10:49 PM
will try to catch up with u all Fri or Sat. I do an annual camping/fishing week with friends at Holiday Shores in Eddyville. I trailer the spyder down. Sounds like a good time :thumbup:

StriperKing
08-31-2011, 06:26 PM
will try to catch up with u all Fri or Sat. I do an annual camping/fishing week with friends at Holiday Shores in Eddyville. I trailer the spyder down. Sounds like a good time :thumbup:
Sounds great and feel free to bring your friends and hang out in the evenings.

kentuckyguy
09-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Sounds great and feel free to bring your friends and hang out in the evenings.

StriperKing.. I sent you a PM.. I have something big that could be arranged for the ride...

SteveMac
09-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Now you have us all curious!

tofriendscreek
09-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah - inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

kentuckyguy
09-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I wont say what it is until I talk to striperking.. I know he has something on his mind about this an I dont wanna interfer with his plans... If he is ok with what I have then I will start a whole new thread about the ride an post a flyer here...

CyncySpyder
09-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I wont say what it is until I talk to striperking.. I know he has something on his mind about this an I dont wanna interfer with his plans... If he is ok with what I have then I will start a whole new thread about the ride an post a flyer here...

:dontknow::popcorn::dontknow::popcorn::dontknow:

rcdurango
09-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Well folks time to book the room. Back from Michigan vacation, Judy and I did Michigan ride 2350 miles. If you haven't done that ride into Michigan west coast and the U P it's really cool. But, looking forward to getting together with other Spyder's in Oct. so today I booked our
room.

kentuckyguy
09-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Well folks time to book the room. Back from Michigan vacation, Judy and I did Michigan ride 2350 miles. If you haven't done that ride into Michigan west coast and the U P it's really cool. But, looking forward to getting together with other Spyder's in Oct. so today I booked our
room.

Thats great.. I cant wait to meet everyone... I think I have a very nice tour planned out for us an I hope it is a good weekend to ride..

StriperKing
09-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Just replied to kentuckyguy`s PM and I also am curious what he has going on. I started this just to get something started but anyone is welcome to add to it or plan anything so we will have something for everyone. I have been very busy so I just got back to the comp. I dont look at this as my ride, it is our ride so plan away, lol.

CyncySpyder
09-11-2011, 10:09 PM

Teddy wants to know

kentuckyguy
09-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Teddy wants to know

Yes... I talked to chickenhoose over the weekend.. He had mentioned that Buzzard Rock might get us a band if enough people would book rooms... I had a local bar an grill wanting us to return there.. They told me that they would have us a band along with a could other things.. Being that Buzzard Rock is going to have the band, I have let the other bar know so they dont book it an for us an expect us there.. Things are comeing together an seems it gonna be a great time...

kentuckyguy
09-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Anyone that is planning on this ride or any of you friends need to read this an pass it along to everyone that is rideing..

I spoke to the warden at the Kentucky State Penn in Eddyville.. I asked him about us comeing there on our tour.. He said it was fine to come there but know one is allow to enter or cross over onto state property... Also everyone needs to leave any weapons behind (pocket knives).. There are a few inmates on the outside ( grounds keepers) an they asked that we DO NOT speak to anyone that is not on our ride... We are allowed 10-15 mins there an then we will need to get back on the road..

SteveMac
09-12-2011, 09:58 AM
No weapons? Hmmmm
I'll have to be mindful of that.
LOL

kentuckyguy
09-15-2011, 08:09 PM
:D

BMW
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
I would like to try to get a weekend ride at Barkley Lake and Kentucky Lake. Here is what I fave in mind:
Place-Buzzard Rock Resort & Marina
Time- Oct. 14th thru 16th with over night stay Fri. 14th and Sat. 15th and mostly ride home on Sun. 16th
Reason- Can`t find a reason not to, lol.
I don`t really have much else planned out yet as far as rides, etc. We can plan more if we get some interest. This is an absolutly beautiful place to ride, not many tight twisties but lots of scenic roads. Buzzard Rock has some resort units with 2 double beds (in the same room) overlooking the lake and some cabins with 2 qween beds in seperate rooms. This is the off-season so it is a little cheaper. Resort units are $84.15 + tax per night and the cabins are somewhere around $175.00 per night. We are OK with a resort or spliting a cabin with another couple or person. Buzzard Rock has a deck type cafe with great burgers, wraps, etc. and a deck bar that overhangs the marina with ice cold beer, margaritas, etc. which brings up another issue. We do not drink and ride but we will have a few drinks in the evenings, if this is against your grain this ride is not for you. If you do not but don`t mind if others do that is great also. If there are Spyder riders that would like to kick back on the deck and have a few cold ones and trade stories in the evenings then we should have a ball. Here is a link to Buzzard Rock http://www.buzzardrock.com/ I will post a couple pics but have more if you want me to email them to you. I can take care of all reservations if you would like but it will be hard to cancel at the last minute or you can do it yourself if you prefer. What I would like to do is get enough commitment to book the rooms, cabins, etc. If we wait we will loose out. Looking to do this soon so we can and get as many riders as possible. :thumbup:
Confermed so far:
1. StriperKing
2. chickenhoose
3. SteveMac
4. CyncySpyder
5. BMW
6. rcdurango
7. tofriendscreek
8. Jim & Lois Vanwinkle on their HD
9. kentuckyguy at least for the ride and hanging out since he only lives 2-miles
away.
10. Mr OrangeThree more parties for the wkend. A. Parker,Walter&Linda Engelke,Ed Pomatto&Mrs. Its going to be a great wkend. Ben:ohyea:

kentuckyguy
09-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Three more parties for the wkend. A. Parker,Walter&Linda Engelke,Ed Pomatto&Mrs. Its going to be a great wkend. Ben:ohyea:

Great.. I took a bunch of flyers to my dealer this week.. Hopefully he will send them out like he said an we will get a few more to join.. Also I have a few that will be joining us on 2 wheelers......

CyncySpyder
09-16-2011, 06:08 AM
More ppl, more SpYders & more "stuff" to see & do :thumbup:

StriperKing
09-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Sorry I have not been on here lately. I added the new names to the list. My son had a bad motorcycle accedent Thurs. night and we have spent all our time in the hospital. He is doing OK now but had to have a quarter size piece of bone removed from his skull to remove a blood clot and a cast on his ankle for a fractured ankle. He also has several head fractures. He is pretty beat up but he is getting better. He is expected to have a full or very close to a full recovery. No he was not wearing a helmet and DO NOT want this to turn into a thread about it! We have always been a motorcycle and ATV family and this is what we do and we all understand the risks that are involved. It is truely a life style and we do ride a little extreme sometimes, been through the race years, extreme ATV`ing, etc. I choose not to ride as hard anymore, infact we ride mostly for the chance to get out and enjoy the outdoors and the people we meet but he still has to go through it. I would like for him to whear a helmet when he rides hard and mostly he does but he is a grown man like the rest of us. Anyway I will not be on here to much in the near future but I will still be there for the trip.

kentuckyguy
09-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Sorry I have not been on here lately. I added the new names to the list. My son had a bad motorcycle accedent Thurs. night and we have spent all our time in the hospital. He is doing OK now but had to have a quarter size piece of bone removed from his skull to remove a blood clot and a cast on his ankle for a fractured ankle. He also has several head fractures. He is pretty beat up but he is getting better. He is expected to have a full or very close to a full recovery. No he was not wearing a helmet and DO NOT want this to turn into a thread about it! We have always been a motorcycle and ATV family and this is what we do and we all understand the risks that are involved. It is truely a life style and we do ride a little extreme sometimes, been through the race years, extreme ATV`ing, etc. I choose not to ride as hard anymore, infact we ride mostly for the chance to get out and enjoy the outdoors and the people we meet but he still has to go through it. I would like for him to whear a helmet when he rides hard and mostly he does but he is a grown man like the rest of us. Anyway I will not be on here to much in the near future but I will still be there for the trip.

Sorry to hear about your son but on a postive note he is getting better.. Hope all is well for him in the near future.. Our date with Buzzard rock an LBL is getting closer an closer.... I will be glad to meet each an every one of you on that weekend...

kentuckyguy
09-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Also I spoke to Becky Friday at Buzzard Rock.. She did tell me that they were gonna get a band.. Shde asked me about what time we would be returning an I told approx 5-5:30 that afternoon.. Hope we can get a few more people joining us...

CyncySpyder
09-18-2011, 06:06 PM

Your son & entire family will be in our prayers for a quick & complete recovery. Look'n forward to seeing you again at the get together :pray::pray:

BMW
09-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Sorry I have not been on here lately. I added the new names to the list. My son had a bad motorcycle accedent Thurs. night and we have spent all our time in the hospital. He is doing OK now but had to have a quarter size piece of bone removed from his skull to remove a blood clot and a cast on his ankle for a fractured ankle. He also has several head fractures. He is pretty beat up but he is getting better. He is expected to have a full or very close to a full recovery. No he was not wearing a helmet and DO NOT want this to turn into a thread about it! We have always been a motorcycle and ATV family and this is what we do and we all understand the risks that are involved. It is truely a life style and we do ride a little extreme sometimes, been through the race years, extreme ATV`ing, etc. I choose not to ride as hard anymore, infact we ride mostly for the chance to get out and enjoy the outdoors and the people we meet but he still has to go through it. I would like for him to whear a helmet when he rides hard and mostly he does but he is a grown man like the rest of us. Anyway I will not be on here to much in the near future but I will still be there for the trip.Sorry to hear about your son, glad he is doing ok. our prayers for a full recover. Am looking forward to meeting everone. Ben

tofriendscreek
09-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Prayers for your son, family members and everyone. :pray:

StriperKing
09-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks for all the prayers! He is doing good so far. He is young and in better shape than us older folks so he will be fine, more storys to tell his grandkids.

SteveMac
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Glad to hear all is going to be OK. :doorag:

kentuckyguy
09-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Thats good news.. Glad he is doing good..

chickenhoose
09-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Good news is exactly what all our prayers is worthy of. Great to here all is going well.
chickenhoose

tdoug60
09-22-2011, 05:38 PM
My wife and I will be there. I will make my own reservations. Just hoping for good weather, would hate to just sit around and not be able to ride. I am familiar with the area, my wife's mom and dad used to live in Cadiz, KY and we would travel that way when we would go visit them.
Hope to get to meet some fellow Ryders.:clap:

kentuckyguy
09-26-2011, 12:41 PM
My wife and I will be there. I will make my own reservations. Just hoping for good weather, would hate to just sit around and not be able to ride. I am familiar with the area, my wife's mom and dad used to live in Cadiz, KY and we would travel that way when we would go visit them.
Hope to get to meet some fellow Ryders.:clap:

Glad you will be able to make the trip an yes I agree.. I hope that it is great weather.. See you soon...

kentuckyguy
09-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Come on folks we only have 3 weekends..

kentuckyguy
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Well I dont have very good news.. I found out today that I am gonna have to have surgery on both:yikes: of my knee's Friday the 30th.. Some of you may remember me talking about both of my knee's being replaced when I bought my first spyder.. I have been haveing some trouble with both of them an my Dr thinks it is just scar tissue.. Hopefully that is all that is cause me my pain.. If it is just the scar tissue then I should be able to walk out of the hospital.. I wanted to wait until after the ride but it is either this Friday or next Thursday an then he goes over sea's for 6 months. So it is now or never.. I am still planning on doing the ride even if I have to drive my car an lead you on the tour...

StriperKing
09-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Well I dont have very good news.. I found out today that I am gonna have to have surgery on both:yikes: of my knee's Friday the 30th.. Some of you may remember me talking about both of my knee's being replaced when I bought my first spyder.. I have been haveing some trouble with both of them an my Dr thinks it is just scar tissue.. Hopefully that is all that is cause me my pain.. If it is just the scar tissue then I should be able to walk out of the hospital.. I wanted to wait until after the ride but it is either this Friday or next Thursday an then he goes over sea's for 6 months. So it is now or never.. I am still planning on doing the ride even if I have to drive my car an lead you on the tour...
That is one heck of an upstanding offer! Hope you get to ride but if not the company should be great.

SteveMac
09-27-2011, 09:01 PM

Don't sweat it man. You just recover, we will find our way around, besides we will have Teddy with us and he has training as a search and rescue dog if we get lost.:joke:

Hey, you still want me to bring that full cover for your RT I assume? If not, just let me know.

kentuckyguy
09-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Don't sweat it man. You just recover, we will find our way around, besides we will have Teddy with us and he has training as a search and rescue dog if we get lost.:joke:

Hey, you still want me to bring that full cover for your RT I assume? If not, just let me know.

Yes I still want the cover..

SteveMac
09-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Yes I still want the cover..

Cool. Will do.
See ya in a few weeks. Hope the surgery goes well.

kentuckyguy
09-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Cool. Will do.
See ya in a few weeks. Hope the surgery goes well.

Thank you..

kentuckyguy
09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Got the call today about my surgery.. I have to be at the hospital at 6am in the morning.. I am the first one on the list.. I will post tomorrow afternoon when I get home an am good an awake...

tofriendscreek
09-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Thoughts and prayers that the surgery goes well and you do indeed walk out of the hospital.

kentuckyguy
09-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Got the call today about my surgery.. I have to be at the hospital at 6am in the morning.. I am the first one on the list.. I will post tomorrow afternoon when I get home an am good an awake...

GOOD NEWS... I was able to walk out of the hospital.. Both knee's were worked on.. The both had alot of scar tissue in them.. Dr told me to do what I wanted to do an could stand to do.. I see no reason that I wont be able to make the ride on the 15th.. Thanks for the thoughts an prayers... See you in 2 weekends.....

SpyderDen
09-30-2011, 07:56 PM
:congrats::thumbup:

SteveMac
09-30-2011, 09:19 PM
GOOD NEWS... I was able to walk out of the hospital.. Both knee's were worked on.. The both had alot of scar tissue in them.. Dr told me to do what I wanted to do an could stand to do.. I see no reason that I wont be able to make the ride on the 15th.. Thanks for the thoughts an prayers... See you in 2 weekends.....

:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::clap::clap::clap::spyder::cl ap::clap::clap::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Now that is good news. Congrats!
Glad it all worked out and you will be there.
Now just pray for good weather!

kentuckyguy
10-01-2011, 02:38 AM
:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::clap::clap::clap::spyder::cl ap::clap::clap::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Now that is good news. Congrats!
Glad it all worked out and you will be there.
Now just pray for good weather!

Thanks bud... Been Praying for that for weeks now...

rcdurango
10-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Who ever has their knees worked on before the rally has to buy the first round. I'll take mine cold.

kentuckyguy
10-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Who ever has their knees worked on before the rally has to buy the first round. I'll take mine cold.

Was it you that I met at the gas station on Sunday with the red RT??

rcdurango
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Nope, mine is blue. Glad to hear all went will with the knees. Looking forward to meeting you in Ky.

kentuckyguy
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Nope, mine is blue. Glad to hear all went will with the knees. Looking forward to meeting you in Ky.

I met a guy Sunday (yesterday) at the local marathon gas station.. He said he was from Evansville.. Just thought maybe it was you...

kentuckyguy
10-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Thought I would bump this back up... Only 10 days left......

carny bill
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
What times are U planning on eating Fri and Sat?

kentuckyguy
10-05-2011, 11:31 AM
What times are U planning on eating Fri and Sat?

Friday is up to you.. Sat morning is up to you before the ride.. There is a Wendys an Huddle house right where we are meeting.. For lunch I am planning on stopping in Dover Tnn. There is a really good pizza place there... If it is to early an everyone doesnt want to eat then we will travel on over to Murray Ky an eat at the Ryans steak house an buffet.. When we return to Buzzard Rock that night we can eat supper..

StriperKing
10-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I second that, lol. nojoke:roflblack:

StriperKing
10-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I am glad kentuckyguy and all the others have picked up my slack. I know I started this idea but had no idea I would get so busy. As for me I am looking forward to seeing everyone, riding, and especially Sat. night when we can all kick back and swap storys (or tall tales, lol). :D http://www.clipartclipart.com/_images_300/Smiley_face_holding_a_mug_beer_100329-156375-326057.jpg

rcdurango
10-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Judy and I hope to head down (south) around 1 or 2 p.m. Evansville time. Anyone want to hook up for the trip down to the lakes? Looking forward to the ride and hoping this weather holds out for another week. What a nice week we had this week.

SteveMac
10-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Connie and I will probably head out of Cape later on Friday now due to work complications. I had hoped to leave at noon, but it looks like Connie will need to work till 4:30. So depending upon what times the more northern crew heads down, we may just have to meet you all at the lake. We will just have to check in later in the week to see who will be where, and at what times.

kentuckyguy
10-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Anyone that get here early Friday an wants to do a little rideing I will be up for it.. We could take a little ride over into Crittenden Co to the Amish area if interested..

chickenhoose
10-08-2011, 09:55 PM
If anyone wants to ride so. Ill. [shawnee ] you are welcome to hook up with the north group and myself on Friday. The present plans are as follows, I will leave McLeansboro around 9:00-9:30 am. I am to meet BMW and friends at Duquoin Mcdonalds at 11:00. I was hoping to meet up with Steve Mac in the Anna area but this is subject to change of coarse. Some of the things i think we will have time to see are as follows, stop at Flamm orchard for in season apple cobbler and ice cream north of Cobdon, stop at chocolate factory in Vienna,overlook Ohio river bluffs so. of rt 34, go to Garden of the Gods, Pounds hollow, cave in rock, cross the Ohio on the ferry,stop at Amish store, ride through Amish country on a curvy canopied road and continue on to Buzzard Rock.
This is all subject to change and what ever the group wants to do.

kentuckyguy
10-09-2011, 08:21 AM
If anyone wants to ride so. Ill. [shawnee ] you are welcome to hook up with the north group and myself on Friday. The present plans are as follows, I will leave McLeansboro around 9:00-9:30 am. I am to meet BMW and friends at Duquoin Mcdonalds at 11:00. I was hoping to meet up with Steve Mac in the Anna area but this is subject to change of coarse. Some of the things i think we will have time to see are as follows, stop at Flamm orchard for in season apple cobbler and ice cream north of Cobdon, stop at chocolate factory in Vienna,overlook Ohio river bluffs so. of rt 34, go to Garden of the Gods, Pounds hollow, cave in rock, cross the Ohio on the ferry,stop at Amish store, ride through Amish country on a curvy canopied road and continue on to Buzzard Rock.
This is all subject to change and what ever the group wants to do.

Jerry.. What time do you plan on being at Garden of Gods??I wouldnt mind meeting you there an ride back over the ferry with you.. I know my way around Amishville somewhat..

tofriendscreek
10-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Laurie and I are heading south on Thursday, staying at Giant City for the night. As we get closer to Friday, we can decide he where's and when's. Yippee - :2excited:

SteveMac
10-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I was hoping to meet up with Steve Mac in the Anna area but this is subject to change of coarse.

Jerry
I guess you saw my post above? Looks like work will get in the way for us on Friday with regard to leaving early. Arrrgh.

You guys just enjoy the trip down and we will meet you there.

See you next weekend!

StriperKing
10-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Judy and I hope to head down (south) around 1 or 2 p.m. Evansville time. Anyone want to hook up for the trip down to the lakes? Looking forward to the ride and hoping this weather holds out for another week. What a nice week we had this week.
We were planning on leaving the Evansville area around 11:00 AM if that works and was going to take back roads to Buzzard Rock, its a route we have taken before and it has great secondary roads. Just let us know. We could leave a little later but I would not want to leave as late as 2:00, I am like a little kid and won`t be able to wait. :D We took the day off and all our stuff is ready. :thumbup: If there is anyone who is interested at the last min. please let me know.

kentuckyguy
10-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Everyone please remember to bring you helmets for the TNN part of the ride...

StriperKing
10-10-2011, 09:14 PM
If we have to!! nojoke

kentuckyguy
10-10-2011, 09:32 PM
If we have to!! nojoke

Its the law..

StriperKing
10-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Its the law..Ya I know, was just trying to be funny. :trike:

rcdurango
10-11-2011, 07:03 AM
We were planning on leaving the Evansville area around 11:00 AM if that works and was going to take back roads to Buzzard Rock, its a route we have taken before and it has great secondary roads. Just let us know. We could leave a little later but I would not want to leave as late as 2:00, I am like a little kid and won`t be able to wait. :D We took the day off and all our stuff is ready. :thumbup: If there is anyone who is interested at the last min. please let me know.

I hear you, Judy will have to work in the morning but I will be ready to go as soon as she gets home. I think we can maybe work something out so that we can leave alittle earier. I have your number and can give you a buzz Friday morning. Looks like some will be crossing over by ferry, I hope they have their passports. :lecturef_smilie:I will not need one due to being a native from KY. :thumbup::thumbup:

kentuckyguy
10-11-2011, 09:44 AM
I hear you, Judy will have to work in the morning but I will be ready to go as soon as she gets home. I think we can maybe work something out so that we can leave alittle earier. I have your number and can give you a buzz Friday morning. Looks like some will be crossing over by ferry, I hope they have their passports. :lecturef_smilie:I will not need one due to being a native from KY. :thumbup::thumbup:

According to our local news this morning its gonna be a great weekend.. 0% chance of rain an temps are gonna be in the mid 70's with sunshine:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea: Looking forward to meeting everyone.. I am getting ready to leave an make the route an check everything out.. See everyone Friday an be safe rideing down.....

CyncySpyder
10-11-2011, 10:20 AM

Just so we're clear, Teddy ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to where a helmet & his PassPort is still in Cuba (MO) from when he got injured at SpyderFest 2011. We ALL know Teddy is a BAD, BAD DOG, but theres nothing I can do about the above nojoke

CyncySpyder
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Just checked Teddys GPS, looks like almost 300 miles & around 5 hours straight time or closer to 6-7 hours in Teddy Time.

Im back on 10-12 hr. shifts at work, so looks like I'll be get'n up at 2am, work'n my shift & head'n out from Cincinnati around 4pm on Friday. Guessing we should arrive sometime around 9 or 10pm on Friday night. I tried talk'n Teddy into taking the drivers seat for a little while so I could catch a quick nap, but he just told me

"You know your place & its to be MY cheuffer, so stay in it!"

I swear, sometimes he can be such a lil pr:cus:ck! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Hopefully, if I can stay awake, we'll see you all soon :thumbup: no thanks to whatshisname :gaah::roflblack:

kentuckyguy
10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I would like for everyone to meet us for dinner at the Oasis Bar an Grill Friday night around 6:30.. If you will be able to meet us please PM me so that I will know how many there will be and can reserve us a spot so that we can all eat together..

Confirmed so far
SteveMac
Chickenhoose an friends 12
Striperking
rcdurango

SteveMac
10-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I would like for everyone to meet us for dinner at the Oasis Bar an Grill Friday night around 6:30.. If you will be able to meet us please PM me so that I will know how many there will be and can reserve us a spot so that we can all eat together..

In Franklin??
I just want to be sure to hit the right one!

kentuckyguy
10-11-2011, 05:52 PM
In Franklin??
I just want to be sure to hit the right one!

No No.. In Kuttawa.. Its where we will be meeting the morning of the ride.. It is right off I-24 Exit 40

SteveMac
10-11-2011, 06:20 PM
No No.. In Kuttawa.. Its where we will be meeting the morning of the ride.. It is right off I-24 Exit 40

Thank goodness! I was worried! I'm not super familiar with the area as you can tell, but looking forward to becoming so!

Kuttawa it is and we should be there no later than 6:45. Looks like it is a couple hours from cape and we will be leaving at 4:30.

chickenhoose
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Ky guy,
Count on our Shawnee group being there by 6:30. In answering your previous question, when will we get to Garden of the gods? I am guessing + or - 2:00 depending on how many stops along the way. We will be glad to have you aboard. I can't hardly wait.
There will be around twelve in our party for reservations.
Jerry

kentuckyguy
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Ky guy,
Count on our Shawnee group being there by 6:30. In answering your previous question, when will we get to Garden of the gods? I am guessing + or - 2:00 depending on how many stops along the way. We will be glad to have you aboard. I can't hardly wait.
There will be around twelve in our party for reservations.
Jerry

Got you down.. Dont know if I will be able to make it.. I will be meeting with striperking to go over the ride details.. If I am not there dont wait on me an I will see you Friday night..

StriperKing
10-11-2011, 09:55 PM
We will be there but I should see or talk to you before then. The weather sounds great! http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFncn-AGG5Qk0uUjIhGRZ-uaUIHF61lsjk8FPVASflCXX_9Jw8OA

StriperKing
10-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Sounds great just give me a call Thurs night or Fri morning.

rcdurango
10-12-2011, 07:18 AM
We will be where the spyder ryders are. And we like to eat. Count us in!

kentuckyguy
10-12-2011, 08:04 AM
We will be where the spyder ryders are. And we like to eat. Count us in!

How many in your party??

carny bill
10-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Well our fishing trip was a week early this year and so I am now back in Illinois. I did take the Spyder down and rode around the area.
It was a fantastic week for the weather, fishing, and riding. Excellent roads around there for riding and the scenery is great also.
Sure wish I could have been there when everyone else is going to be there. Maybe next year..... Everyone enjoy....

tofriendscreek
10-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey, Carny Bill - Haven't seen or heard from you since I stopped by your place last October on my way home from St. Louis. Sorry you're not going to be with us in KY. I was looking forward to seeing you again and hearing more great stories. Stay well and show up on the Forum more. You've got a lot to share. :2thumbs:

kentuckyguy
10-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey, Carny Bill - Haven't seen or heard from you since I stopped by your place last October on my way home from St. Louis. Sorry you're not going to be with us in KY. I was looking forward to seeing you again and hearing more great stories. Stay well and show up on the Forum more. You've got a lot to share. :2thumbs:

Are you going to be joining us for dinner Friday night at the Oasis?? If so how many in your party??

tofriendscreek
10-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, that's the plan. I assumed we (2) were included in the number Larry posted yesterday morning.

rcdurango
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Two here also

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.993800,-87.555708

carny bill
10-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Yes, I really hate it that I am missing the ride. Would have been great if was on this past weekend. Boy was the weather nice.
Was looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing you again.
I usually check in on this forum every other day, so I keep track of what is going on.
Enjoy the weekend and ride safe............Bill

SteveMac
10-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Got the RT all washed and polished this afternoon. Just gotta pack tomorrow and we will be ready to go! :ohyea:

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Weather looks promising too!!!!

I'm going to try to sneak away from work as early as possible but we (2) should see everyone at the restaurant around 6:30-6:45 at the latest!

kentuckyguy
10-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Got the reservations made today.. When you come in just tell the hostess that your with the spyder group an they will take care of you.. I will be there about 5:15 to meet an greet everyone... OOOPS I mean 6:15..

StriperKing
10-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Sounds like everything is coming together.

kentuckyguy
10-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Sorry hear you wont be attending.. Its gonna be a great weekend to take a ride.. Maybe next year if we do this...

rcdurango
10-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Packing the Trailer and getting ready for a Spyder Weekend..Happy

kentuckyguy
10-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Packing the Trailer and getting ready for a Spyder Weekend..Happy

Just seen the weather.. It goona be a very very nice weekend.. Cant wait to see all the SPYSERS an meet everyone.. Please be safe on you ride down.. Seen everyone this afternnon.............

SteveMac
10-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Just seen the weather.. It goona be a very very nice weekend.. Cant wait to see all the SPYSERS an meet everyone.. Please be safe on you ride down.. Seen everyone this afternnon.............

Agreed! We are going to have great weather. Looking forward to rYding LBL and meeting you all.

kentuckyguy
10-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Agreed! We are going to have great weather. Looking forward to rYding LBL and meeting you all.

Dont forget the cover.......

SteveMac
10-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Dont forget the cover.......

Amen bro. Already got it in the Frunk! I think we may get to leave a little earlier this afternoon so we can have a little easier ride to Kuttawa. We were going to leave at 4:30 and it would have been hammer-down all the way to get there by 6:30. So we get to leave at 3:30 now. Start the trip off right with less stress and a nice leisure ryde! We should hit Wicliffe 4:15-4:30. The bridge is supposed to be open,,,,

kentuckyguy
10-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Amen bro. Already got it in the Frunk! I think we may get to leave a little earlier this afternoon so we can have a little easier ride to Kuttawa. We were going to leave at 4:30 and it would have been hammer-down all the way to get there by 6:30. So we get to leave at 3:30 now. Start the trip off right with less stress and a nice leisure ryde! We should hit Wicliffe 4:15-4:30. The bridge is supposed to be open,,,,

The Wickliffe Bridge may be restricted to one lane.. Not for sure but I know that it was earlier this week.. State might just be doing inspections on it... If so then it shouldbe open when you get there... Be safe.....

CyncySpyder
10-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Teddy was SO looking forward to meeting up with you again Mr. ORANGE. :(

Guess he'll have to wait til Spyderfest 2012 :thumbup:

CyncySpyder
10-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Its highly unlikely, as Teddy & I are just about late for everything. But, in the off chance I can get outta work a lil early, & we can leave earlier, does anyone have the physical address for the dinner establishment so I can plug it into Teddys GPS? Again, just in the off chance we can make it down in time, Thanks :thumbup:

SteveMac
10-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Its highly unlikely, as Teddy & I are just about late for everything. But, in the off chance I can get outta work a lil early, & we can leave earlier, does anyone have the physical address for the dinner establishment so I can plug it into Teddys GPS? Again, just in the off chance we can make it down in time, Thanks :thumbup:

Dave
I-24 Exit 40
42 Days Inn Drive
Kuttawa, KY 42055
kuttawa.ky@theoasissouthwestgrill.com

kentuckyguy
10-14-2011, 10:41 AM

I take it that you will be coming down the Western Kentucly Parkway?? If so follow it all the way to the end an exit on to I24 west Paducah.. Go 2 miles an get off exit 40.. Make a left off the exit an go to the stop light an turn right.. Then turn right again in behind the 5 star gas station.. You will go in between the gas station an the Hampton Inn an your in the Oasis parking lot....

SteveMac
10-14-2011, 02:25 PM
The Wickliffe Bridge may be restricted to one lane.. Not for sure but I know that it was earlier this week.. State might just be doing inspections on it... If so then it shouldbe open when you get there... Be safe.....

Good point. Who knows how long the delay might be. Now that we are leaving earlier I may hit the Grapevine Trail and go through Tamms IL them down through Metropolis. That would be a prettier ride than going through Cairo.

rcdurango
10-16-2011, 08:52 AM
It's Sunday and the ride is over but what a ride! Thanks to KentuckyGuy and StriperKing for everything that made it happen. I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. So I hope everybody puts the word out to your Spyder Ryders and friends and lets make it bigger and better. Hope that those that took pictures post them for everyone to enjoy.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.042390,-88.143041

tofriendscreek
10-16-2011, 09:55 AM
:agree: :agree: :agree:

Glad to see old friends and meet new ones. :thumbup:

kentuckyguy
10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
I guess I can consider myself part of the spyder family now.. I was really amazed how how friendly everyone was.. It was a great time an I cant wait to do it again next year... Thanks to everyone that came down an took the ride with us... I will try to get some pirctues loaded this afternoon..

SteveMac
10-16-2011, 11:00 AM
It really was great meeting all of you. We had a great time for the short while we were there. Sorry we had to leave so early Saturday morning. It was a little cool early, but wow it ended up being a great day for you to ride!

Believe me, I got plenty of road time in myself yesterday. The reason we had to leave was that our son was stranded.,,, In Iowa. He and some friends were going to an event in Keokuk when the truck died on him north of Hannibal Mo. He is going to school in St Louis, and has been driving my old hand me down SportTrac. I don't know why it played out. It only had 190,000 hard miles on it. LOL. Of course, He was too young to rent a car,, and besides, it was 12:30 am on Friday night when they broke down on 61 North. So some friends drove down, picked them up off the side of the road. We called roadside assistance and they towed the truck to the dealer in Hannibal for us. The repairs were more than it was worth, so we decided to get him a different car that would take him through his last four years of college. ((He is in a six year program.)) and we get peace of mind that he will be more safe in the new car.

Anyway, we had an 18 hour, event filled day after we left you all. We left KY Lake at 7:30 (cold!) and put the hammer down until we got home at 10:00. Changed clothes and hopped in a cage and blasted out for Hannibal, Trying to get there before the dealer closed. Spent some time negotiating a deal on a new car, then it was off to Keokuk to drop the car off to our son. Did that, went out to eat with him and his friends, then we made a beeline back home. Got in bed at 2:00 AM last night. Wow, it was a long day.

As for the KY Lake ride, Friday night was fun. It was good to meet folks and put names to faces. Chuck (StriperKing) and I sat up and talked for quite a while Friday night after our wives went to bed. Chuck, sorry we missed out on the RT test rides Saturday morning. Maybe next time! Chuck wanted to demo my Corbin and I wanted to demo his tricked out RT. He has done a LOT of cool mods, performance wise and it would have been fun to swap bikes for a while.

Richard (rcdurango) and Mike (KentuckyGuy) it was a pleasure meeting you all face to face. We will ride again, and hopefully we can stay longer next time.

Jerry (chickenHoose). What a great story about your forum name! We have been trying to meet all summer and we finally did! We live close enough that we may even be able to still take some fall rides and meet for lunch on a Saturday, somewhere equidistant for both of us! And if you feel like a long ride, We are always up for Lamberts cafe!

MARK MARK MARK :roflblack: and Laurie (ToFriendsCreek) great as always to see you all. Jerry was pretty worried that he lost you on the ride down. He was pretty relieved when I told him that you guys ride a LOT and often take little detours!!!

Sorry for the long post, but I didn't get all my visiting done over the weekend!!!

Everyone have a great off season and let us know when the next ride rolls around!

Steve and Connie Mac.

StriperKing
10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone for showing up for the Buzzard Rock ride. Thanks kentuckyguy for heading up the ride. I hated that SteveMac and CyncySpider could not make the ride. I know how much each of you were looking forward to the ride. BUT I have good news, we will do it again next year. We asked as many as we could Sat. night what they thought and all we asked said they would like to do it again. Due to the size of this thread I will start a new one and attack this link so anyone can read it. As of now I will take care of the lodging, etc. and kentuckyguy will organize the ride portion. I will not start the new post till I can get some feedback from some of the riders from this ride and some from people who would like to go next year. Since we will have a full year we will post more lodging options, eating options, etc. We talked a while Sat. night and the #1 thing that we discused was the desire to keep this free, layed back, and simple so there was a real feeling of a casual atmosphere.

Please be honest with all suggestions. I have never done this before this trip so I will take all the advice I can get.

I can say the date next year has been set for the last weekend in Sept. I will post pics soon.

UKBLUE1
10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Its no my calendar.

SteveMac
10-16-2011, 07:31 PM
We should be IN.
Doesn't look like it would conflict with my MoGang schedule! Hope to stay for the duration next time!

StriperKing
10-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Here are some pics of the Buzzard ride weekend. Some are of our cabin but I put them in so future people can see what they look like.
http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/stripperking/Buzzard%20Rock%20Ride/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

SteveMac
10-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Here are some pics of the Buzzard ride weekend. Some are of our cabin but I put them in so future people can see what they look like.
http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/stripperking/Buzzard Rock Ride/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Nice Pics! Looked like everyone had a good time on a beautiful day! :thumbup:

rcdurango
10-17-2011, 07:06 AM
http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/stripperking/Buzzard Rock Ride/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16 (http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/stripperking/Buzzard%20Rock%20Ride/#%21cpZZ1QQtppZZ16)

Thanks for the pictures. Very nice!

HntngTrout
10-17-2011, 07:42 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.274115072620109.71390.100000648549435&type=1

SteveMac
10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.274115072620109.71390.100000648549435&type=1

Bummer. I'd like to look at them but I don't FaceBook. So no user id / pwd,,, no see pics!!

CyncySpyder
10-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I was relieved to see that this will be a yearly event, & have it on the calendar for next year already. We're NOT gonna miss next year :lecturef_smilie:

tofriendscreek
10-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Really bummed that you and Teddy weren't able to make it. I'll get fresh "doggie treats" come Spyderfest 2012. :2thumbs:

Laurie and I (MARK, not Mike - SteveMac please note) really had a great time. It was a blast - except Jerry and group abandoned us deep in the Shawnee Hills! (JK). :roflblack:

BMW
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Really bummed that you and Teddy weren't able to make it. I'll get fresh "doggie treats" come Spyderfest 2012. :2thumbs:

Laurie and I (MARK, not Mike - SteveMac please note) really had a great time. It was a blast - except Jerry and group abandoned us deep in the Shawnee Hills! (JK). :roflblack:Mark-- We didn't abandon you . Just admit it you got lost. LOL It was a great ride. Thanks to striperking & Kentuckyguy for all there work putting the event together. sorry I didn't get to meet you stevemac. Maybe we will meet at spyderfest 2012. Thanks to chickenhoose for the tour of so. eastern IL. :D :ohyea:Only 11 mos. away. Ben

SteveMac
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Laurie and I (MARK, not Mike - SteveMac please note) really had a great time. It was a blast - except Jerry and group abandoned us deep in the Shawnee Hills! (JK). :roflblack:

LOL
Sorry! Darn spell check on the iPhone got me. Since I have you in my phone as MARK, and we have spent enough time together, I do actually know your name! To prevent any further damage to your feelings I have edited my post. I know you are a little sensitive right now since Jerry abandoned you (((like how I cleverly threw Jerry under the bus?))) LOL!!!!

SteveMac
10-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Mark-- We didn't abandon you . Just admit it you got lost. LOL It was a great ride. Thanks to striperking & Kentuckyguy for all there work putting the event together. sorry I didn't get to meet you stevemac. Maybe we will meet at spyderfest 2012. Thanks to chickenhoose for the tour of so. eastern IL. :D :ohyea:Only 11 mos. away. Ben

I think we met briefly as we entered the restaurant Friday night? But SpyderFest 2012 it is!!!

chickenhoose
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I want to express total thanks to all parties involved in a very sucessful event. It was a pleasure to be with all the new friends i met. And Steve, bus tracks do heal. Let's watch the weekend weather and meet again soon.
To all the Mid America Spyders thanks for making Leesa, Jim , Lois and myself feel like one of the bunch.
Mark and Laurie, if the old saying time heals wounds I offer to do better next year. Hope to see you in Cuba in April.
Chuck and Mike, great event. Will we still get the off season rates if we move to September in 2012? When Leesa and i rode down and talked to Becky early on that was an issue at the time.
Jerry

tofriendscreek
10-17-2011, 04:33 PM
BMW - we were not lost; we were exploring, having too much fun and time gets away from us. :ohyea: That exludes the 6.5 miles of gravel that Garmin insisted was actually pavement. :gaah:

Jerry - No wounds to heal. Your admiralship has stellar. It was us "mates" that wandered all over. Nothing like crossing the Ohio on a ferry at sunset. :thumbup: course we noticed that all during the Ryde on Saturday, everyone kept us boxed in so we couldn't escape. :roflblack: And Spyderfest 2012 is already on the calendar and reservations made. Hope everyone can make it next April. Only 6 more months. :hun:

Steve - grudgingly, you're forgiven for the alleged misspell. LOL. I've been called much, much worse. :shocked: Glad things worked out on Saturday. Missed ya though.

Chuck, Mike and everyone - the whole event was just priceless! Thanks for letting us participate. At least part time. :roflblack: looking forward to next year.

kentuckyguy
10-17-2011, 06:44 PM
I want to express total thanks to all parties involved in a very sucessful event. It was a pleasure to be with all the new friends i met. And Steve, bus tracks do heal. Let's watch the weekend weather and meet again soon.
To all the Mid America Spyders thanks for making Leesa, Jim , Lois and myself feel like one of the bunch.
Mark and Laurie, if the old saying time heals wounds I offer to do better next year. Hope to see you in Cuba in April.
Chuck and Mike, great event. Will we still get the off season rates if we move to September in 2012? When Leesa and i rode down and talked to Becky early on that was an issue at the time.
Jerry

Yes.. Becky said there off seasn starts right after Labor Day weekend.... Sorry I havent gotten any pics loaded yet.. We cant get out Phone to connect to the comp via bluetooth... As soon as we can get them off the phone I will post...

StriperKing
10-17-2011, 08:26 PM
JerryYes we will get the discount.

kentuckyguy
10-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Finally got the phone to connect to the comp.. The photo's are kinda small.. The setting to the phone camera wasnt set for larger size pictures, sorry..

kentuckyguy
10-17-2011, 10:01 PM
More

kentuckyguy
10-17-2011, 10:07 PM
More