PDA

View Full Version : Replaced my Burgman 650 scooter with the 2011 RTS/SE5 today !

Motogordo
07-29-2011, 08:58 PM
After having 2,490 miles on my Burgman, I decided to sell it to the dealer and only keep the RTS/SE5 which I purchased about 6 weeks ago. I now have 1,268 miles on my Spyder and I am still experimenting with tire pressure. Today I went with 15F/28R. My front shocks are still at 3. The ride definitely feels softer and doesn't really seem to sway very much. I had a lot of wind on the highway today and of course that doesn't help the smootness at all. LOL. How bad can the bike ride if this is what BRP suggests ? Most cars I have ever owned I have used the recommended tire pressure set by the manufacturer. I know with cars, alot of repair shops suggest 35psi all around. They say the tires wear better. This is just another opinion, of course. Anyone riding on 15/28 ? How is it handling ? Will the tires wear properly at this setting, and will the handling be okay and safe ?

Gordon
p.s. The Burgman was absolutely a perfect ride. Smooth, fast & quiet. I just decided to have only one toy at the moment instead of deciding which one to ride each day. I did ride both each day.

Spyder Cat
07-29-2011, 09:55 PM
:congrats: Sometimes it's hard to make a decision when it comes to our toys! :helpsmilie:

Hope you enjoy many many good miles with your :spyder2:

Slybird
07-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Congrats on your new ryde!! Hope you end up loving your RT-S even half as much as I do mine. :p It's the best touring machine on the market today (even if they are a little buggy) ;)

baldman902
07-30-2011, 12:12 AM
My dealer set the tire pressure at 20 frt. 30 rear, I go over 350lbs and the ride is extemely smooth.

Bob Denman
07-30-2011, 06:36 AM
"Each to their own notion...", said the old woman as she kissed the cow!
Tire pressures are such a personal choice that the only correct ones, are the ones that work best you you! :thumbup:
I tried 15 psi and in my case... ended up going up to 18 before I found what I wanted.
:congrats: on taking a stand and going for three! :thumbup:

Mr. White
07-30-2011, 06:59 AM
I sold my '03 Burgman 650 three weeks ago. I really liked it, but I never rode it much after getting my GW triked with a Motor Trike kit. After I got the RT-S, I knew it had to go rather than just sit. A friend of a friend bought it and I got my price....all are happy.

I am running 20/30 and do enjoy the firm ride. I played with different pressures and found this to be my best. I only have 3,100 on BR1 so will check tire wear and see how it goes.

It is early and I am now leaving to meet the Hill Country Road Riders to head out for breakfast. We normally have 15-18 riders and ride about 60-80 miles, eat and then ride more depending on our chores at home. I generally get 225-300 on a nice day. We ride every Saturday. I email an event schedule every month as to where we meet, etc. We are mostly retired and have been riding together for 20 years....lot's of fun.

Gotta go.

:spyder2:

canam9
07-30-2011, 10:08 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: 19 front 29 rear for me. Cheers!:ani29: