PDA

View Full Version : Two plugins that came with rts

ijon1
07-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I am wondering what the two plugins that came with my RTS are for and how do I use them?

NancysToy
07-29-2011, 12:10 PM
If you are talking about the adapter cables, the plug into the socket in the rear trunk. One is to connect an MP3 player or similar equipment to your audio system. The other connects an iPod. The iPod can be controlled through your left handlebar controls. It will charge if left attached, and turn off automatically. See the audio section in your manual. or have the dealer provide some instruction.

canam9
07-30-2011, 10:27 AM
If you are talking about the adapter cables, the plug into the socket in the rear trunk. One is to connect an MP3 player or similar equipment to your audio system. The other connects an iPod. The iPod can be controlled through your left handlebar controls. It will charge if left attached, and turn off automatically. See the audio section in your manual. or have the dealer provide some instruction.
:agree::ani29:

acinpcola
07-30-2011, 10:41 AM

:agree: yep that is what they are for

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

MouthPiece
07-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I also have something down by the left handle passenger side.

Chris

M109Dreamer
07-30-2011, 11:37 AM
I also have something down by the left handle passenger side.

Chris

Those would be the passanger audio controls and the heated hand grip controls for the passenger.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MouthPiece
07-30-2011, 02:52 PM
It's more like a socket.

DietitianBill
07-30-2011, 03:14 PM
This is probably a good time to pull out your manual and do some reading.

drhinckley
07-30-2011, 03:20 PM
It's more like a socket.
The socket on the left side is the passenger audio connector. Left Pic shows connector with weather cap closed the right pic shows the right angle extension plug.

Passenger audio controls on left side and heated grip controls on right side.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.png

MouthPiece
07-30-2011, 05:48 PM
This is probably a good time to pull out your manual and do some reading.

You're absolutely right. Spoon feeding usually isn't one of my forte's.

Chris