PDA

View Full Version : New Look

rnet
07-28-2011, 08:49 PM
This is going to take some time getting used to. Don't like it, not just yet anyway.

BajaRon
07-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I am hoping this is not the finished product. Some of the print is hard or impossible to ready. There may be some more tweeking to get it right. I'd say Lamont is just trying to get it back up and running and worry about the details later.

boborgera
07-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Any reason for the change? :dontknow:

CanAmMick
07-28-2011, 09:01 PM
I would be willing to bet it gets better when they get all the bugs worked out of it.

gypsie
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
I am hoping this is not the finished product. Some of the print is hard or impossible to ready. There may be some more tweeking to get it right. I'd say Lamont is just trying to get it back up and running and worry about the details later.

Have you tried it in the black mode??? things show up a bit better.

stormtrooper
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: WHAT THE :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Questions
07-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Thank you Gypsie, can actually see everything now :)

coz
07-28-2011, 09:39 PM
NOW EVERYTHINGS DIFFERENT, S:cus:T

rnet
07-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Thank you Gypsie, can actually see everything now :)can now see it better, but I still don't like it. Time for new glasses I guess.

spydrluvr
07-28-2011, 09:51 PM
still in progress?????? like old site better

canam9
07-28-2011, 09:55 PM
I would be willing to bet it gets better when they get all the bugs worked out of it.
This is just like BRP and the Spyder.:roflblack::roflblack:

boborgera
07-28-2011, 09:58 PM

Thanks seems better in black.:thumbup: But i still hate changenojoke

Lamonster
07-28-2011, 10:15 PM
I hoped you guys read my other post before judging the "new" look. This is a work in progress and as you could see it took all day just to get it to this point. It will take days and maybe weeks to get it as close to the way it was before the upgrade. The reason for the upgrade is the version we were using will not be supported soon and would have been vulnerable to security hacks that could wipe this site out for good. I don't know how many of you folks saw what WestCoastSpyders went through but it pretty much wiped them out for months. I hate making a major change like this too but it had to be done sooner or later and it's better to do it before you get hacked rather than after.

Hang in there and it will get better. :doorag:

boborgera
07-28-2011, 10:16 PM
can now see it better, but I still don't like it. Time for new glasses I guess.

And eye drops:yikes:

boborgera
07-28-2011, 10:19 PM
I hoped you guys read my other post before judging the "new" look. This is a work in progress and as you could see it took all day just to get it to this point. It will take days and maybe weeks to get it as close to the way it was before the upgrade. The reason for the upgrade is the version we were using will not be supported soon and would have been vulnerable to security hacks that could wipe this site out for good. I don't know how many of you folks saw what WestCoastSpyders went through but it pretty much wiped them out for months. I hate making a major change like this too but it had to be done sooner or later and it's better to do it before you get hacked rather than after.

Understand, :thumbup::thumbup:

wa3wheels
07-28-2011, 10:30 PM
LaMont,
Thanks for all your hard work on this site! Looking good! :thumbup:

CanAmMick
07-28-2011, 10:36 PM
This is just like BRP and the Spyder.:roflblack::roflblack:

Sure is!!

Yol Bolsun
07-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Hang in there Lamont. Ch...ch...changes are always a trial. It is not the looks of the board but the people that make it a special place. C'mon folks and let's make this work.

Tho I would like my Tapatalk (or something like it) to work. But, hey, will give it time.

Spyder Cat
07-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks seems better in black.:thumbup:

How do you switch to black mode??? :dontknow:

Ken5517 / Wish Again
07-28-2011, 11:31 PM

Lamont you are right WCS never did recover and to this day has hacker and spam promblems. Good move - I would not wish that on anyone.

Ken

jedd
07-28-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm hangin' Lamont sorry you are having to go thru this Bro!!!

Jim

napper39
07-29-2011, 12:03 AM
yiks:yikes::joke:what hapened:duh::dontknow::popcorn:

GloryRyders
07-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Thanks for all you efforts Lamont...............I'm sure it will get better!:2thumbs:

boborgera
07-29-2011, 07:17 AM
How do you switch to black mode??? :dontknow:

I know nothing about computers, But there was a box in the lower left hand corner that i just clicked on, The box is gone
and so is the black screen, so I'm back to white again.:dontknow:

murphybrown
07-29-2011, 07:28 AM
I, like most, don't like my comfort enjoyment (i.e. Spyderlovers.com) messed with...BUT the bestest news is...we, Spyderlovers, are alive and well..as you know, yesterday I really felt "lost" without my daily "fix" of Spyderlovers, so hey this may be a new change..but we are still able to communicate. Was not looking forward to having to spend my Spyder Ryding $$ on a 12 step recovery program for dealing with NO SPYDERLOVERS.com lol
Lamont, I soooo appreciate all you do to keep this site up and running...guess a THANK YOU VERY MUCH is in order...so there it is...

Littlebadwolf
07-29-2011, 07:43 AM
You do a great job LaMont...I spent my career in network mgt and database design and I know how difficult it is to stay current with upgrades and the ever constant changes ...AND on top of that being a Can-AM Ambassador and technical advisor....Cudo's to you..:thumbup:

Vyperyder
07-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Pity it lost my user name and password.....
...and my profile pic.....
Took me ages to find it again
:gaah::gaah:

Sonrisa
07-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Just goes to show that even spyder lovers have problems with change:spyder:. That being said, Lamont you do fantastic work. I would much rather have minor problems now than to have MAJOR problems later:ohyea::ohyea:

bjt
07-29-2011, 08:12 AM
This is the second or third (or forth or fifth?) upgrade I've been through on SpyderLovers and each time it causes a little anxiety while trying to get familiar with the new idiosyncrasies of the forum software but soon Lamont will have the tweaks done on his end, we'll get used to the new software and it'll be great (as usual). Looking good so far. :thumbup:

Mr. White
07-29-2011, 08:21 AM
It won't be long until all will get used to the new format. I don't mind it as I see a lot of us are back on the new look. Lamont, we know it will take you a while, we will wait.

NancysToy
07-29-2011, 08:26 AM

Good reasons, and very well understood. All day long I had been thinking about you and the enormous amount of work that you were doing to try to get this switched over and launched. I hope you had a bottomless bottle of ibuprofen. Hang in there, we are back online, and the bugs are working their way out. Everybody will get used to the look...we did before. Thanks for all your efforts!

3Willie
07-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey--If I had not changed, I would be still on two wheels.

I also get tickled when people complain about the hot weather. I just remind them that is part of how God helps make our food grow.

Lamonster
07-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Good reasons, and very well understood. All day long I had been thinking about you and the enormous amount of work that you were doing to try to get this switched over and launched. I hope you had a bottomless bottle of ibuprofen. Hang in there, we are back online, and the bugs are working their way out. Everybody will get used to the look...we did before. Thanks for all your efforts!
Thanks for your support Scotty. I must give credit where credit is due, my server guy Anthony is the one that worked on it all day, I just worried about it all day while I was waiting to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
nojoke

I did some tweaking on it last night and this morning but I hire out the skills it takes to make a major change like this.

Trooper
07-29-2011, 08:57 AM
well, if it matters to ya, I kinda like it....seems....vibrant? Its the only word that comes to mind.

Good work Lamont !!!

SpyderRider
07-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Ummm....OMG. :( Looks a lot like SpyderTalk now. :cus: I used to frequent a CrossBow forum that had to do the same thing and now most folk have migrated to another site as the forum never did recover from the upgrade. Good luck Lamont getting the tweaks fixed!

:popcorn:

napper39
07-29-2011, 01:31 PM
looking better or im getting used to it.still glad to have a top notch sight ,all the best people you could ever find is right here.:2thumbs:

Tripod
07-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Lamont you are right WCS never did recover and to this day has hacker and spam promblems. Good move - I would not wish that on anyone.

Ken

As a former West Coast Spyders member I can attest to how awful it was when that group's site was hacked...It killed communications which affected participation, growth, etc. I support Lamonster's decision to protect us and the remarkable amount of effort he puts forth for all of us.

Tripod :thumbup: