PDA

View Full Version : LEG 1 Completed

dave01
07-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Just an update for anyone wondering. Doc and Forrest arrived in NY at 1300 today. One side of the triangle is completed.

fastfraser
07-29-2011, 04:40 AM
:congrats::2thumbs::bowdown: I was at the pub when they pulled in and Forrest wasn't walking so good.

dave01
07-29-2011, 05:56 AM
:congrats::2thumbs::bowdown: I was at the pub when they pulled in and Forrest wasn't walking so good.

28 hours straight will do that to ya. Plus, he wants a Corbin seat when they get to Cali, so that should help.......a little

1551retired
07-29-2011, 07:31 AM
28 hours straight will do that to ya. Plus, he wants a Corbin seat when they get to Cali, so that should help.......a little

Call me a sissy or whatever but why would anyone subject their body to 28 straight hours of torture! I'm 61 and when I get tired I start making mistakes. Take a break guys!

Trickie Dick
07-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Call me a sissy or whatever but why would anyone subject their body to 28 straight hours of torture! I'm 61 and when I get tired I start making mistakes. Take a break guys!:agree:

dave01
07-29-2011, 07:53 AM
28 is long, but the trip to Cali will be double the miles, straight thru.
That is when the torture starts.

dave01
07-30-2011, 03:05 PM
On the Road Again.......With Doc and Forrest.
Off they go, next stop.......California
I believe they will make 1 stop later tonight for a well deserved hotel stay, but then its nonstop except fuel and food to Spyders in the Redwoods.
Spot locator is up and running

Lamonster
07-30-2011, 05:50 PM
:thumbup:http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0um1JNCzYvjqpplqM8OmINasB27zxPo yX

dave01
07-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Just talked to Doc. They are just outside of Erie Penn and are going to push thru the night and get a hotel tomorrow night. Making good time and killing lots of bugs on thier
helmet visors. :thumbup::thumbup:

jedd
07-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Dave if they are taking I80 west across country let me know they'll be in my back yard if so, I could get them provisions or whatever, Doc has my number so have him call me if they are taking I80 west

Jim:thumbup:

dave01
07-31-2011, 04:29 AM
Jim, They are on 80 west. I will let them know. Thanks

Dave if they are taking I80 west across country let me know they'll be in my back yard if so, I could get them provisions or whatever, Doc has my number so have him call me if they are taking I80 west

bjt
07-31-2011, 06:40 AM
Call me a sissy or whatever but why would anyone subject their body to 28 straight hours of torture! I'm 61 and when I get tired I start making mistakes. Take a break guys!

I'm only 47 and I still agree with you for the most part but these two have been riding hard like this before and I think they know their limits.

dave01
07-31-2011, 06:45 AM
They decided to head out early to have a little extra time for the just in cases..LOL
Not sure when they are stopping tonight, but I am calling them in a while and passing the info about fuel and some construction delays they may see coming up.

It looks like according to their original schedule they left on Leg 2 ~12 hours early. This should give them time for an extra stop. :ohyea:At this point they are less than 4 hours out of Chicago!

Desert Spyder
07-31-2011, 06:58 AM
:thumbup:http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0um1JNCzYvjqpplqM8OmINasB27zxPo yX

Thats pretty neat. Is this the same system Forrest had when he returned home from LA? Any way of determining average speed? I'll be seeing these guys in a couple days.

Desert Spyder
07-31-2011, 08:00 AM
That might be hard on Doc, huh?

dave01
07-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Doc's speedometer starts at 70.:roflblack:

:roflblack::roflblack:
. They won't see the 70mph limit again until they leave IL.

BumbleBee
07-31-2011, 11:20 AM
NUTS NUTS NUTS :yikes:

Have a safe trip, Way to go guys :thumbup:

Thanks for keeping us up to date Dave :)

jedd
07-31-2011, 03:48 PM
they are 2-3hours from me dave I'll set them up with supper of they want?

dave01
07-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Spoke with Doc and Forrest earlier this evening. They were gearing up to hit the road again. Looks like a fuel stop was in order near Coralville Iowa.
Iron Butt, Guts and Glory, Cannonball or Hoka Hey.....Those are nothing compared to this trip. Stay tuned for the further adventures of Doc and Forrest.
To Quote Robert Frost...

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Or Willie Nelson:

On the road again -
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends.
Insisting that the world keep turning our way

And our way
is on the road again.
Just can't wait to get on the road again.

jedd
07-31-2011, 11:37 PM
I just got done intercepting Doc and Forrest @ exit 240 in Iowa on I80. They are doing well the heat is finally subsiding for the evening and they should have a great nights ride. Hopefully they will be to SD by day break and reaching elevation so they will have cooler riding. Their plan is to reach the Redwoods event by Tuesday in the AM.

Godspeed my friends:clap:

dave01
07-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Awesome Jim. I new they were close so I figured it was a fuel stop. These 2 are great friends of mine, but I think I need to Baker act them. They are NUTS

I just got done intercepting Doc and Forrest @ exit 240 in Iowa on I80. They are doing well the heat is finally subsiding for the evening and they should have a great nights ride. Hopefully they will be to SD by day break and reaching elevation so they will have cooler riding. Their plan is to reach the Redwoods event by Tuesday in the AM.

Godspeed my friends:clap:

jedd
07-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Nuts probably yes, determined and great friends definitely.

It was so awesome to see them again they were only literally 1.5 minutes from my home on their fuel stop, that GPS tracker thingy is way cool.

dave01
08-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Looks like the dynamic duo blasted thru Lincoln Nebraska this morning at 0630 Florida time. They are making great progress.
http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/BatmanRobin1.jpg

Lamonster
08-01-2011, 07:21 AM
I am so impressed with both these guys. This would kill a young man yet Doc and Forest have set the bar about as high as it can go for us cross country travelers. I knew Doc would make it as long as his Spyder did but I had my doubts about Forest. Not just his age but his health too and dealing with all this heat let alone the pace that Doc sets. I would say I hope I'm as tough as him at his age but I'm not that tough now. You guys are hardcore riders and great SpyderLovers members. We'll keep you both in our prayers. :thumbup: :bowdown:nojoke

retired1
08-01-2011, 07:30 AM
"Run Forrest Run".:clap:

dave01
08-01-2011, 07:45 AM
You are so right Lamont. These guys are awesome. The heat has been the roughest thing so far. I just got off the phone with Doc and they were taking a fuel/rest stop.

I am so impressed with both these guys. This would kill a young man yet Doc and Forest have set the bar about as high as it can go for us cross country travelers. I knew Doc would make it as long as his Spyder did but I had my doubts about Forest. Not just his age but his health too and dealing with all this heat let alone the pace that Doc sets. I would say I hope I'm as tough as him at his age but I'm not that tough now. You guys are hardcore riders and great SpyderLovers members. We'll keep you both in our prayers. :thumbup: :bowdown:nojoke

dave01
08-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Just talked to Doc and Forrest. They are in Cheyenne The batteries on the spot are dying but Doc will pick up some on the next stop. Doc said it eats batteries like crazy. LOL
1300 miles to Eureka Cali for them.

dave01
08-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Here is the update.
The RT can not keep up with the Turbo RS. Forrest has had a few limp mode/check engine light issues over the last 4 hours. No current codes came up when I had Doc check it.
Its gonna be right down to the wire for them to arrive and rest before the event starts.

sinkhole
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Does anyone have any info on this "Spot" system/device?

jedd
08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I hope they make their goal, they have tried so hard to this point.

dave01
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Here ya go. They have a few different ones. Doc and I have the Spot connect version.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=101

Does anyone have any info on this "Spot" system/device?

BumbleBee
08-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Here ya go. They have a few different ones. Doc and I have the Spot connect version.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=101

Thanks for the link to the device, that is a neat thing to have.

Guess we are going to have to go shopping, got to get one of those :) :thumbup:

Been following along :)

dave01
08-01-2011, 09:17 PM
They are nice, but keep a good supply of batteries..LOL

SpyderAnn01
08-01-2011, 10:05 PM
You could Baker Act them but you'd have to catch them first :roflblack:

dave01
08-01-2011, 10:13 PM
You could Baker Act them but you'd have to catch them first :roflblack:

I can wait till they get home and are sleeping. I think I will have a few days to catch them both.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SpyderAnn01
08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I wanted to post this picture last Thursday but I couldn't do it from my phone. This was at Tail of the Pup shortly after Doc and Forrest arrived.29421

dave01
08-02-2011, 03:33 AM
It looks like the Dynamic Duo have around 740 miles to go. Its gonna be real close, but they are pushing on toward Eureka. Gonna get a status update soon from Doc and see how things are going. The killer part is this is only leg 2. They will have a 3200 mile run in a few days to get back home.

dave01
08-02-2011, 03:53 AM
UPDATE****
Forrest is in Salt Lake City at the hotel. His Spyder was picked up late yesterday by High Adventure Motorsports due to limp mode issues. Doc is continuing on and Forrest will start back up after repairs and rest. Doc said he will miss the first day of meet and greet, but will be there for day 2 of the event. If you guys see a u-turn on the spot tracker, remember, the gas stations are few and far between where they are and Doc remembered that this morning, so it was back to top off. Wishing Doc good luck and safe travel for the rest of the trip. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

dave01
08-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Doc is nearing the famed Bonneville Salt Flats. I think we all remember what happened the last time he was near there. :yikes::yikes:
Forrest should be sleeping and waiting for High Country to open. ZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ

bjt
08-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Sorry to hear of Forrest's Spyder trouble.

cjackg
08-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Forrest deserves a rest, but I am sure he will be pushing on west soon.
He is one tough Dude!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

bullant12
08-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Surprised that Ron is not documenting all this...:D

BumbleBee
08-02-2011, 08:38 AM
GO DOC GO :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about Forrest, hope they can get you on the road fast again :pray:

Thanks Dave, doing an outstanding job in keeping us posted about their trip :thumbup:

dave01
08-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks, Doc was at the gas station around 0600 asking where the closest Starbucks was at. I could tell that he was getting tired and ready for some open road riding during daylight.
Forrest has limp mode and check engine light issues and the mechanic is looking toward the ECM for possible problems. This is the same dealer that did Doc's 12 hour engine swap so they will have Forrest back up in no time. 630 miles TO GO DOC

GO DOC GO :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about Forrest, hope they can get you on the road fast again :pray:

Thanks Dave, doing an outstanding job in keeping us posted about their trip :thumbup:

BMW
08-02-2011, 10:26 AM
you can get from Cabalas, I have one wouldn't travel without it.:ohyea:btw hows the quitting going? I'm rooting for you, keep up your doing great. btw congrads on first place. Ben

dave01
08-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Here we go. As some of you have read, Forrest had limp mode/check engine issues. The Spyder threw a code that the dealer had not seen before. After consulting BRP, it was determined that the throttle bodies bit the dust. GOOD NEWS: BRP ok'd the removal of a set off a showroom spyder to be put on Forrests ride. He should be out of there later today.

UPDATE 2: Doc just called and told me his Spyder shut down during running and will start but not hold an idle. He is 20 miles from a dealer in Reno, but they cant even do an oil change for 4 days. He is using the BEST and having it towed to the dealer. I recommended that he not try to drive it the 20 miles to keep the chance of engine damage down.

More updates when they become available.:opps:

johnnyg
08-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Looks like Forrest has the chance to catch up to Doc RIDE Forrest RIDE :roflblack::roflblack: Hey you could offer him a ride:yikes::yikes::yikes:

BumbleBee
08-02-2011, 06:18 PM
This is awful, so close to their destination. That must be frustrating. :yikes:

Wish them both luck and hope they work miracles on the both of their spyders and get them on the road fast again. :thumbup:

dave01
08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Doc is at the car wash cleaning his spyder. Seems the catch can for the turbo blew out and oiled his spyder down some. Forrest should be OTR again soon. New throttle bodies and plugs. Fwd plug was fouled out due to excessive fuel.

SpyderDen
08-02-2011, 07:01 PM
:clap::clap:

BumbleBee
08-02-2011, 07:03 PM
GO DOC and FORREST :thumbup:

jedd
08-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Keep us posted if Doc is stranded in Reno for 4 days let us know, I'd fly out for a couple nights of huliganism in Reno NV. fun town.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_15_12.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_36.gif

dave01
08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Update to the updates:
Doc is leaving in 15 minutes, after a quadruple expresso. He has less that 400 miles to go. Many thanks to the group at Michaels Reno Powersports ( Dave Nadeau, service manager) for getting him back on the road.
For Forrest, it was High Adventure Powersports in Salt Lake City ( the engine swappers from Docs last adventure) that are doing the work on his spyder.

SpyderAnn01
08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Glad to hear Doc is back on the road. I'm sure that was a quadruple expresso with a chaser of his pure caffeine powder. :yikes:

BumbleBee
08-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Glad to hear Doc is back on the road. I'm sure that was a quadruple expresso with a chaser of his pure caffeine powder. :yikes:
"learned about that powder thing" :clap: :clap: :clap:

Update to the updates:
Doc is leaving in 15 minutes, after a quadruple expresso. He has less that 400 miles to go. Many thanks to the group at Michaels Reno Powersports ( Dave Nadeau, service manager) for getting him back on the road.
For Forrest, it was High Adventure Powersports in Salt Lake City ( the engine swappers from Docs last adventure) that are doing the work on his spyder.

How long will it be before Forrest is on the road again?

Great job of the Dealers in getting them all fixed up in such short notice :thumbup:

dave01
08-02-2011, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=BumbleBee;357759

How long will it be before Forrest is on the road again?
[/QUOTE]

Right now, off he goes

BumbleBee
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
GO FORREST GO "You are going to have to pick-up the speed some if you want to catch DOC" :thumbup:

Thanks Dave :)

dave01
08-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Well, it was too good to be true. Docs spyder is still sick and sitting in Reno:gaah::gaah::gaah:. He has a rental car and should be in Cali by now. No new updates from Forrest but I will call him real soon to check on his progress. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

BumbleBee
08-03-2011, 04:50 AM
I thought his spyder was fixed? :dontknow:

dave01
08-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I thought it was too. Without going into a lot of detail, its got issues and Doc feels its better to not run it.

Just talked to Forrest. He is near Reno, and doing good. He will roll into Cali later today and complete LEG 2.
I am sure he is real tired, so I told him to call often and keep us updated.

I thought his spyder was fixed? :dontknow:

BumbleBee
08-03-2011, 09:36 AM
I thought it was too. Without going into a lot of detail, its got issues and Doc feels its better to not run it.

Just talked to Forrest. He is near Reno, and doing good. He will roll into Cali later today and complete LEG 2.
I am sure he is real tired, so I told him to call often and keep us updated.

If DOC feels his spyder had to many issues, better not run it!
Thanks Dave for all the updates :2thumbs:

Spyder Cat
08-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the update. So sorry for the travel woes!!!!!
Any idea when Doc and/or Forrest will arrive at SITR??
Vaughn & I have to head back home today (probably by noon)
Would like to be around to welcome them.

dave01
08-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the update. So sorry for the travel woes!!!!!
Any idea when Doc and/or Forrest will arrive at SITR??
Vaughn & I have to head back home today (probably by noon)
Would like to be around to welcome them.

U might see doc but Forrest had 350 miles to go at 6 this morning.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Spyder Cat
08-03-2011, 11:44 AM
U might see doc
do you have an ETA for doc??

dave01
08-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Doc said approx 1230 local time. I keep forgeting about the time difference...LOL

do you have an ETA for doc??

dave01
08-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Just talked to Forrest. They have arrived, despite all of the delays. Although they have neither confirmed nor denied this, I am wondering about the trip back to Florida
:yikes::yikes::yikes:.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/gsxr1255/2011-07-23_12-26-10_141.jpg?t=1312405786

cjackg
08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Good thing they practiced 2-up before the trip...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

CJ/johnnyg
08-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Well just talked with Forrest at 6:29pm ET He is there and Doc is about 45min behind him in a CAGE. So Forrest out ran Doc for the first time that we know of. Glad they're safe and he's in the motel. Leg 2 completed.

G-Man
08-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Just talked to Forrest. They have arrived, despite all of the delays. Although they have neither confirmed nor denied this, I am wondering about the trip back to Florida
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/gsxr1255/2011-07-23_12-26-10_141.jpg?t=1312405786

Lookin' good Forest. By the way...who's the chick? Even at your age, you can do better than that. :doorag:

Spyder Cat
08-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Glad to hear both Forrest and Doc made it safely! :clap:
We just got home from SITR (gotta work tomorrow) .... sorry the timing didn't work out this time.
We had the opportunity to meet up with a lot of really cool Spyder ryders
but really wanted to meet the Florida Express.

dancogan
08-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Lookin' good Forest. By the way...who's the chick? Even at your age, you can do better than that. :doorag:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

cjackg
08-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Well just talked with Forrest at 6:29pm ET He is there and Doc is about 45min behind him in a CAGE. So Forrest out ran Doc for the first time that we know of. Glad they're safe and he's in the motel. Leg 2 completed.

Congratulations to Doc and Forrest. Even the 2 legs of the Triangle is a significant challenge, and is just the right practice for next years Guts & Glory event! I am proud to know you as good friends and have huge respect for both of you !
Jack
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29562&d=1312458809

bullant12
08-04-2011, 07:10 AM
I don't know, G... beggars can't be choosers!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bullant12
08-04-2011, 07:12 AM
So what's the story on Doc's :spyder2:??:dontknow:

xpeschon
08-04-2011, 07:21 AM
At least that way they can switch back and forth every now and then.. Thats a good one Dave.. At any rate I know DOC is disappoined but the end result is that they are both there safely, thats whats important, everything in between is a conversation piece... GREAT job in keeping us all informed, now be sure to keep us up to date on how they plan on getting back home... Thanks Dave..

X-Joe

dave01
08-05-2011, 09:24 AM
LEG 3 BEGINS SOON

Just got off the phone with the Dynamic Duo. They are at Corbin waiting for the doors to open. Doc is getting new side bags and Forrest is getting a seat. Doc will fly home tonight and Forrest will head out in the morning, with the spot on his spyder, for his relaxing trip back to Fl. We will head out to Reno at a later time when Doc's spyder is repaired. Time for the updates to come again.

BumbleBee
08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Safe travels FORREST :thumbup:

bjt
08-05-2011, 05:23 PM
LEG 3 BEGINS SOON

:thumbup:

gene0108
08-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Forest. If you are heading thru Baton Rouge, Louisiana, You are welcome to stay at my house as long as you want to. We can cook you some good cajun food.

Gene

jimcrom
08-05-2011, 09:33 PM
After seeing Dave's post this morning I decided to head to Hollister/Corbin to meet the dynamic duo, 75 miles later I am having breakfast with Doc, Forrest & Ticketb8. After a short time Doc left for LA and a little while later Ticketb8 headed home so I got to spend the rest of the day at Corbin w/Forrest hanging out & watching bikes come and go. :2thumbs:

You could tell he was a little tired and sitting on the wooden benches can make for a very long day. We closed the place down and then he headed to the Hotel for what I am sure is a much needed rest before he starts the ride home.

I let him know that a lot of us were following their travels and a lot of us were enjoying the trip vicariously through them.

LEG 3 BEGINS SOON

Just got off the phone with the Dynamic Duo. They are at Corbin waiting for the doors to open. Doc is getting new side bags and Forrest is getting a seat. Doc will fly home tonight and Forrest will head out in the morning, with the spot on his spyder, for his relaxing trip back to Fl. We will head out to Reno at a later time when Doc's spyder is repaired. Time for the updates to come again.

dltang
08-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Great thread with great updates Dave. I haven't been on a whole lot lately, I have so much going on right now. But I hope both Doc and Forrest make the rest of the trip safely and their Spyder's stay healthy.

WackyDan
08-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Quite the adventure. I'm glad doc, forest and i had a chance to ride at SITA. Travel safe guys.

BikerDoc
08-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Hey Dave

Is there a new web address to track Forrest's Spyder home. I notice the old spot address still shows "sitting in Reno"?????

dave01
08-06-2011, 02:28 PM
I guess he decided to stop and play some poker. Actually, he is near Bakersfield on I5 and the Spot wont connect to his phone. He left this morning from Hollister

johnnyg
08-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks Dave, please keep us updated John and Carol

dave01
08-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Follow Forrest on the spot link...............................

dave01
08-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Forrest made it to I-10. Now for the straight run to Florida. Not a lot of turns on this road.

Big Arm
08-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Ryde safe Forrest ! ! !
spot tracking is working fine. :thumbup:

docdoru
08-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Fort Stockton, TX to Ozona, TX is the longest strech without fuel: 108 miles.

dave01
08-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Forrest is cruising. Nearing Quartsite Arizona with 2277 miles to go. I think he will stop near daylight to take advantage of the somewhat cooler night ryding. For anyone wondering, Forrest is going at HIS pace with no schedule to follow. Oh, the life of a retired person...LOL

dave01
08-07-2011, 02:02 AM
0300 here in the morning and just checked with Forrest. He isnt too far from Phoenix and still motoring along, at least after he gets some fuel for the Spyder.

dave01
08-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Sleep time for Forrest in Casa Grande Arizone. He will start back out later today. Good plan taking advantage of the somewhat cooler evenings.
Maybe we should all call him today and tell him HI.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

dave01
08-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh No, the spot is not spotting. Oh where oh where has Forrest gone? Oh where oh where can he be?

SpyderDen
08-07-2011, 06:20 PM
:popcorn:

cjackg
08-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh No, the spot is not spotting. Oh where oh where has Forrest gone? Oh where oh where can he be?

I just talked to Forrest 2 min ago and he is "somewhere in AZ about 200 mi from El Paso". He had just filled up with gas and didnt know the spot wasnt working.... wanted Doc to call him about that.

He sounded good, but said the heat and the winds are fierce. Said his Corbin seat is much better.

Jack

johnnyg
08-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I just talked to Forrest 2 min ago and he is "somewhere in AZ about 200 mi from El Paso". He had just filled up with gas and didnt know the spot wasnt working.... wanted Doc to call him about that.

He sounded good, but said the heat and the winds are fierce. Said his Corbin seat is much better.

Jack

Same here I just got off the phone with Forrest. Doc if you see this he is trying to get intouch with you. He cant get the spoter to turn on. He's in Bowie, AZ about 29 miles from the NM state line.7:45 PM.

BumbleBee
08-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Been following along, for FORREST safe return home :)

dave01
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Tracker is back on line. Forrest is in Lordsburg New Mexico, still doing good. Forrest, stay away from the spicy food. You dont want to blow a hole in your new corbin seat. :lecturef_smilie:

SpyderDen
08-07-2011, 08:36 PM
:clap::clap:
Tracker is back on line. Forrest is in Lordsburg New Mexico, still doing good. Forrest, stay away from the spicy food. You dont want to blow a hole in your new corbin seat. :lecturef_smilie:

jedd
08-07-2011, 08:36 PM
:agree:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_1.gif

dave01
08-07-2011, 10:46 PM
2345 and just got off the phone with Forrest. He is at Las Crusas, got a free shower courtesy of mother nature. Doing good and tracking well.

dave01
08-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Looks like a stop for the night in beautiful downtown Van Horn Texas. Forrest was doing good last time I talked to him. 1559 miles to go and he will be home. I wonder if he will want to go for a ryde the next day for breakfast? My guess will be no....LOL

Lamonster
08-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Looks like a stop for the night in beautiful downtown Van Horn Texas. Forrest was doing good last time I talked to him. 1559 miles to go and he will be home. I wonder if he will want to go for a ryde the next day for breakfast? My guess will be no....LOLIf he can get across Texas today he'll be doing good. That's about 995 miles if I remember right. I hated staying in Texas two nights when I use to go to Daytona twice a year from San Diego. I only did it once, after that I pushed through.

We're all pulling for you Bro :thumbup:

dave01
08-08-2011, 08:16 AM
You are right Lamont. The Texas stretch is brutal. I did a ride many years ago from Clearwater to Arizona on my Busa. NEVER again on a sport bike.

If he can get across Texas today he'll be doing good. :thumbup:

dave01
08-08-2011, 12:23 PM
He is on the run again. RUN FORREST RUN

Yazz
08-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Oh geeze! Its 93 out now, supposed to get up to over 100 today.

Hoping he gets a tail wind or no wind.:pray:

thehawk
08-08-2011, 12:54 PM
... yesterday afternoon via I-35 and the thermometer on Lucylle said 113.

thehawk

dave01
08-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Forrest stopped early yesterday and switched to night ryding for the last 1500 miles. The Texas heat was miserable during the day. He headed out around 2200 last night and the Spot is tracking along. Although it will be dark, it should be better without the "Orange Sphere from He**" beating down on him.

dave01
08-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Just hung up with Forrest. He is pulling into the great town of Ozona Texas for fuel for him and the Spyder. You dont want to miss that town or you will be pushing the Spyder a long way. 85 miles to the next town of Junction Texas.

dave01
08-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Cruised around San Antonio this morning.....WOOHOO, Keep it up Forrest

Yazz
08-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Its 85 right now. Great ryding weather.

RYDE FORREST, RYDE!!!

dave01
08-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Forrest will be on the road again real soon. He sounded real refreshed and ready for the ride.

dave01
08-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Once he gets to Mobile Al, its "only" 508 miles till he gets home. On a normal day, thats a lunch or dinner ride for us. But after this trip, I really doubt he will try to make it straight thru. Stranger things have happened though.

Lamonster
08-10-2011, 05:33 AM
That is one tough old man nojoke:thumbup:

cjackg
08-10-2011, 05:47 AM
That is one tough old man nojoke:thumbup:

He is amazing !

Doesnt this qualify for the Guinness records book ? :firstplace:

Ga Blue Knight
08-10-2011, 05:58 AM
BRP/Can Am needs a special pin for crazy!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Proud of ya great job and display of determination from one old guy to another:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::ch eers:

CJ/johnnyg
08-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Welcome back to FL Forrest. I know when you read this you will be here. Your close one more night and you will be sleeping in your own bed:ohyea:. Get a good morning and afternoon sleep. The rains have been starting in the morning and early afternoons. If you come in during the early evening or late night you might miss them. Good luck and maybe we can ride Saterday:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ohyea:. Carol

dave01
08-10-2011, 06:10 AM
A cool SPOT feature:
If you look at the pins where Forrest was at, the darker the shadow, the longer he was in that position. Forgot to mention that at the beginning of this madness. You can see fuel stops, rest stops etc. Either he is having breakfast, or he got a room for the night near Mobile. Been there since 0602 No answer on his phone, but we told him to turn it off or down when he gets a room so he can sleep.

UPDATE: He is at a rest stop catching a break. Gotta love the zoom feature on google maps.

dave01
08-10-2011, 06:54 AM
He is moving again. Must have had his phone bluetoothed to his helmet and it wont ring then.

dave01
08-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Forrest is officially in the Sunshine State. :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea: Forecast today, heavy rain and possible localized flooding, strong winds with frequent lightning.

dltang
08-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Stay safe Forrest and ride carefully. You have the whole community rooting for you.

retired1
08-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Dave;
Thanks for keeping us updated on Forrest's travels.
Forrest; You are "Da Man". I hope that in 10 years, I'll still be riding, saying nothing about the pace you are maintaining.:yikes:

arntufun
08-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Forrest is officially in the Sunshine State. :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea: Forecast today, heavy rain and possible localized flooding, strong winds with frequent lightning.

So much for calling it the SUNSHINE STATE. :roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
08-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Not a very welcoming forecast. I'm sure he'll be really glad to get home.

dave01
08-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Forrest is in Defuniak Springs Fl, snoring so loud we can hear him in Clearwater. He will head out later today with 384 miles ( a trip around the block) to go.

dave01
08-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Forrest is fueling up his Spyder and his belly, getting ready to head out on the final stretch of the Triangle.

gene0108
08-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Dave thanks for keeping us informed. I woke up last night at 1:53 to see Forest in Baton Rouge. I did not see that he was taking I-10 instead of I-12. All of you have no idea how brave Forest is for driving thru New Orleans in the middle of the night. I would never do that. I guess I should have told him to take I-12 instead of I-10. Blame that on me. Well I am glad he made it safely, almost home.
Again Dave thanks for all of the information.

Yazz
08-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Dave thanks for keeping us informed. All of you have no idea how brave Forest is for driving thru New Orleans in the middle of the night. I would never do that. I guess I should have told him to take I-12 instead of I-10.

+2 Hopefully going through in the middle of the night there wasn't as much traffic? Kinda worried about him going through Houston on I 10. Smart guy waited until night to make that trek.

So glad Forrest is back on his home turf. Bet he's going to sleep well tonight.

Thank you Dave for keeping us posted on a awesome ryde!

dave01
08-10-2011, 09:29 PM
180 miles to go. Go Forrest Go:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

xpeschon
08-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Wow Forrest is one STRONG man.. Very impressive.. Dave, I would like to Thank you for keep us all informed, although I have not posted but a few times on this message I have been tracking them both the whole time.. Forrest you are the MAN for sure.............

X-Joe

Questions
08-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I just spoke with Forrest - he is within 100 miles of home. Be safe Forrest!

Lamonster
08-10-2011, 11:36 PM
I just spoke with Forrest - he is within 100 miles of home. Be safe Forrest!Wow that's great. :thumbup:

dave01
08-11-2011, 04:09 AM
Home Sweet Home......Now to plan the next adventure.......... Way to go Forrest:clap::clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbu p::ohyea::ohyea::2thumbs::2thumbs:

CJ/johnnyg
08-11-2011, 05:27 AM
:agree: Welcome back Forest. If we don't see you before we shall see you for the Sunrise to Sunset ride.

Pincushion
08-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Forrest is my hero!
I hope to be able to live up to his example of a true road warrior!

effgjamis
08-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Many thanks to you all for the support and kind words..

I will be posting a little blog on the trip very soon. ( when I wake up andmy fingers can walk again )

I arrived home at 1AM on the 11th..

BMW
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
way to go Forest. You are the MAN :thumbup::thumbup::clap::clap:

Big Arm
08-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Welcome home Forrest !!!!!!!!
THANKS for taking us along on the trip :clap:
Enjoy your well deserved rest.

Questions
08-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Forrest and I took a little ride this evening. We were returning just after the sun had gone behind the trees and the sky was still filled with color... It was great weather for a (short) ride. Welcome home Forrest!

effgjamis
08-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Check the Florida Chapter for some NY Pictures... did not have too much to stop and take pics on the 2nd and 3rd leg, but you will seem some.

dave01
08-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Check the Florida Chapter for some NY Pictures... did not have too much to stop and take pics on the 2nd and 3rd leg, but you will seem some.

Why not? I know I saw you stop a few times when looking at the Spot. :clap::clap::clap: