PDA

View Full Version : Wow this is different

Lamonster
07-28-2011, 08:34 PM
I know my buddy is still tweaking it and this is the first look I've had of 4.0 so I'm not sure what has changed and what hasn't but at least we're back up again. :thumbup:

gene0108
07-28-2011, 08:40 PM
WOW. What happened here. This is really different. The log-in is almost off of my screen at the top.

Y Rider
07-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Yea!!!! Back up.... was starting to go through withdrawal symptoms. :D

DynamoBT
07-28-2011, 09:24 PM
If you go under "Settings" and at the bottom find where to put the screen in "black mode", the contrast of printing is not bad. I can see who, what, when with this setting. Not really liking the white print on light blue background. The black mode is different. But, it works. Lots to get used to. But anything is worth it to continue to have the forum.

mxz600
07-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Look's good to me.:thumbup:

Everything seems as it should. Black letters on white background. Easy to read.
Maybe I came in late and things are getting fixed.:D

Except when the letters are in black they don't show up when I preview post.

What the f

The letters in my signature picture are white.

COOLMACHINE
07-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks for all the hard work Lamont. Jerry

Phil
07-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Lamont---- for the list.... have him remember the Tapatalk plugin.
I love the editor now!!

G-Man
07-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Wow is right. This is not funny. :(

fastfraser
07-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Its like coming off two wheels,you have to get about 20 post and lighten up on the keyboard before you get the hang of it .:roflblack::roflblack:

ThreeWheels
07-29-2011, 04:31 AM
Well, I'm still swimming around trying to navigate through the changes.
One important feature to me that I really like, small though it is..........................

When viewing pictures the "Next" button is in the upper right instead of the lower middle. Before I always had to page down to the button, hit next to scroll to the next picture. Then repeat for each photo. View, page down, find next button, scroll. Etc, etc.

Now the button is in the same part of the screen at all times. View, Next, View, Next.

I'm easily pleased.

Another excellent feature: It appears you can attach more types of files now, specifically zip files, so at least we can share Zumo routes, or any other file by zipping it down first.

EDIT...As I posted this I see my Avatar and signature have dropped out. I can't figure out how to add them back in yet and I need to go to work now. I'm sure it will all sort out in the end....

The attachment menu still needs a little tweaking, the text is still white on white. I'm certain all will get fixed in time.

GeoffCee
07-29-2011, 05:52 AM
...but at least we're back up again. :thumbup:

Damn right! I had withdrawal symptoms when I couldn't access SpyderLovers for a whole day!

Made me realise how much time I spend browsing here, but then there is no place like it. I like the new forum layout and the additional tools when you're composing.
We can even drop in a picture! 29146

GeoffCee
07-29-2011, 05:59 AM
EDIT...As I posted this I see my Avatar and signature have dropped out. I can't figure out how to add them back in yet and I need to go to work now. I'm sure it will all sort out in the end....

Same as everybody else, (even Lamont), I had the same problem. Found my avatar field was blank in "My Profile" so I reloaded it and got it back. :ohyea:

Bob Denman
07-29-2011, 06:32 AM
So it's going to take a while to figure it all out,,, we all had to do that in the first place when we went to 3 wheels! :roflblack:
I was getting pretty anxious yesterday afternoon; Thanks for feeding my addiction! :thumbup:

Roger
07-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Please be more clear as to where to change to black mode? i can't see and its driving me nuts:(:(:(

Lamonster
07-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Please be more clear as to where to change to black mode? i can't see and its driving me nuts:(:(:(That option was removed for now. I'm still working on this one and I'm getting close, just need to find where the white on white font can be changed. :dontknow:

Bob Denman
07-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Found my avatar field was blank in "My Profile" so I reloaded it and got it back. :ohyea:
...Computer dummy here! :opps: I found (I think!) where to edit the avatar, but didn't see a button for uploading or anything... I kept ending up in a bunch of pictures that I had uploaded... A bit of a guiding hand would be appreciated! :helpsmilie:

I FOUND IT!! It wasn't taking my choice... for some reason this started out as a GIF image...

LittleJohn
07-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Looks good as of now (Fri morning) Kinda the same, but newer....LOL

GeoffCee
07-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Looks good as of now (Fri morning) Kinda the same, but newer....LOL

It won't be too long before it starts to look friendly and worn, like a pair of old slippers. :roflblack:

tofriendscreek
07-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Way cool, Lamont. Fresh, more options and very slick. Glad all the "junkies" are back on their meds. :roflblack:

stevedfive
07-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Looks good to me, thanks for everything.:thumbup:

Spyder Cat
07-29-2011, 09:34 AM
That option was removed for now. I'm still working on this one and I'm getting close, just need to find where the white on white font can be changed. :dontknow:

Okay, I'll just keep highlighting everything so I can see the text.....

Thanks Lamont. It's lookin' good so far!!!:2thumbs:

granpa in Cincy
07-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Are you going to have to do this to all your other boards too ?

Clicker1944
07-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Why does my avatar say "upload failed" even though it is sized correctly????
Never mind there it is....go figure.

Spyder Cat
07-29-2011, 11:30 AM
I really like the "top" feature that takes me back to the top of the page
and the new smilies :p

Phil
07-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Owning a software company, I get it. Upgrades are NEVER friendly or easy. Hang in there as the THOUSANDS of setup options are tweaked. Generally humans don't like change at all, but after a little time......:thumbup::thumbup:

Lamonster
07-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Why does my avatar say "upload failed" even though it is sized correctly????
Never mind there it is....go figure.I don't know, mine just said the same thing even though it did load. :dontknow:

dshogman
07-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Got my Avatar reloaded but signature still not working.
Also, really liked the random pictures at the top of the page.

NancysToy
07-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Got my Avatar reloaded but signature still not working.
Also, really liked the random pictures at the top of the page.
Signature is there, it is just white on near-white.

spyryder
07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
For now I just right click and hit "select all" and the type shows up in white with blue background. :thumbup:

boborgera
07-29-2011, 12:46 PM
For now I just right click and hit "select all" and the type shows up in white with blue background. :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup: Thanks!!

ThreeFeet
07-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Sheeese!!! I guess it's ok just found the NEW Posts so I guess I can keep up. My smillys off o the side are REALLY SMALL!!! Talk about MINI!!!:dontknow::gaah:They are UP THERE!!! and one has to put in the smiley then go back and do that again if ya want more than one of em!!! Not real sure I like this format ( cause I am OLD and cranky if you change stuff I FINALLY could use!!!) Takes me forever to learn something new!!!

ThreeFeet
07-29-2011, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=ThreeFeet;356056]Sheeese!!! I guess it's ok just found the NEW Posts so I guess I can keep up. My smillys off o the side are REALLY SMALL!!! Talk about MINI!!!:dontknow::gaah:They are UP THERE!!! and one has to put in the smiley then go back and do that again if ya want more than one of em!!! Not real sure I like this format ( cause I am OLD and cranky if you change stuff I FINALLY could use!!!) Takes me forever to learn something new!!![/QUOTE////AVATARS how do I get mine back????

ThreeFeet
07-29-2011, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=ThreeFeet;356056]Sheeese!!! I guess it's ok just found the NEW Posts so I guess I can keep up. My smillys off o the side are REALLY SMALL!!! Talk about MINI!!!:dontknow::gaah:They are UP THERE!!! and one has to put in the smiley then go back and do that again if ya want more than one of em!!! Not real sure I like this format ( cause I am OLD and cranky if you change stuff I FINALLY could use!!!) Takes me forever to learn something new!!![/QUOTE////AVATARS how do I get mine back???? Well there's my avatar BUT not where I need it me thinks!!! went ot bottom of this page and moved it to where it is now. NOW what do I do with it???

flamingobabe
07-29-2011, 01:30 PM
This is just part of the process....we are growing....but it's going to take a few times online to get use to it

ARtraveler
07-29-2011, 01:32 PM
It is great to see SL up and running again. It really was a downer being off the site for a whole day--I missed reading the posts and the camaradarie that goes on with this site.

I am sure it is in the works--but are we going to be able to view our previous posts eventually? I like to go back and see what happens sometimes.

Thanks for all the work you do Lamont--this one must have been a real "bear" to accomplish.

glynnk
07-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Seems to work...may take a little getting use to though...

Glynnk

D&J's#2
07-29-2011, 01:39 PM
It is different.:popcorn: Thanks for all that you do for all of us Spyder Ryders Lamont.:clap: :bowdown:Enjoy your time in SD.:ohyea::yes::yes:

dltang
07-29-2011, 01:58 PM
This is going to take some getting used to. I will have to play with all the buttons. I have been gone just a few days and I come back and everything is new.

Dochands
07-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Seems faster and thanks for getting Tapatalk back.

Leslee
07-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Love the little blue arrow icon that takes us to the last post!!

bullant12
07-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Nice!! Now I'm testing my signature...

acinpcola
07-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Ok, let the fun begin...this is definately a wow factor

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

Mexican
07-29-2011, 05:08 PM
It won't be too long before it starts to look friendly and worn, like a pair of old slippers. :roflblack:
Like this jeans??http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx339/superpajaro/P5040100.jpg
OOPS, wrong pic, ment to upload the one with the spyder,,
Crap,, it will not work!!!!!

DynamoBT
07-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Looking good now, Lamont! Thanks for all your work with the changes. We'll all be used to this in no time.

BumbleBee
07-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Different that's for sure, will take time to get use too but,
Liking it :thumbup:

JimAlpha
07-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Lookin good in the "Spyder Hood" :thumbup:

SPYDERGUY1
07-30-2011, 07:56 PM
WOW DEFINETLY DIFFERENT. As with all things will take some time getting used too.

DougB
07-30-2011, 08:29 PM
where do i go for private messages?

Lamonster
07-30-2011, 09:10 PM
where do i go for private messages?Top of the page to the right under "Notifications"

verge354
07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't mind change,and i like this one----------------------------BUT I MISS THE VIDEO"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

murphybrown
07-31-2011, 07:58 AM
NICE...yep, as someone posted this Spyderlovers' junkie is sooooo :ohyea::thumbup:....again thanks for your hours, days, weeks, lifetime of work so we junkies can "do our Spyderlover's addiction"!!!!:roflblack::roflblack:

Roger
07-31-2011, 02:49 PM
That option was removed for now. I'm still working on this one and I'm getting close, just need to find where the white on white font can be changed. :dontknow:

Ok so now i'am back from horse heads ny troopride.com and now i'am checking it out again and so far so good.