PDA

View Full Version : WI,MN,IA,IL Ride

jvicker
07-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Ok....

I've already contacted a few from each state to get some ideas but this is the plan. If a date can be agreed upon.:dontknow:

Wisconsin and Minnesota riders would meet in La Crosse, WI.

Iowa and Illinois riders would meet in Dubuque, IA.

Now each "group" can figure out their own details, but the original idea was for everyone to then meet in Praire Du Chien, WI. About a 1+ hour ride.

If we want a longer ride, IA & IL could meet in Davenport and we all meet in Dubuque. About 2+ hours.

My route plan was just to hug the Mississippi the whole way but am open to other roads.

So, what needs to be figured out is a date, (Sept 16,17,18) ?

If we want this to be a one or two day deal. Maybe the groups meet in their start city and ride and hang. Then make the run to the end city(?) on day two and ride and hang. ( my personal preference ):firstplace:

I am posting this in all four state forums and the main page.

Bring on the feedback:yes:

TLesky
07-27-2011, 01:19 AM
Basically anything that is along the river would be great in the early fall. I am having difficulty working out all the components to this that would include as many riders for as long as possible. i will say that there are ways to go on both side of the river from Minneapolis to the Quad Cities. Lots of great stops and spots like.....

In Minnesota-Winona, Lake City, Redwing
In Wisconsin-La Crosse, Prarie Du Chien, Alma, Elsworth
In Iowa- New Albin, Dubuque, Davenport

you guys can obviuosly fill in more places.

Perhaps one meeting spot like Prarie Du Chien for everyone and then up one side of the river and down the other. That way if you can only join for part, we would be in the area for at least some of the time. Likewise if the group was closer to your home part way through the ride and you needed to peel off, you could.

There are a lot of logistics to work out trying to work 4 states into this trying to give eveyone a piece of it. Perhaps a longer ride like north from Prarie to Lake City, then south to La Crosse, the next day to Quad Cities, and back to Prarie, then stay or go if you want.
Just a few ideas.:dontknow:

jvicker
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I have a poll for the dates on the 4 state ride.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?31468-Dates-for-4-state-ride

jvicker
09-05-2011, 10:48 AM
IA/IL riders will be meeting at the Shell station off of I-80 and Brady street in Davenport on Saturday September 17th at 9:30. They will leave by 9:50 and take the Great River Road north to Dubuque.

WI/MN riders will meet in La Crosse. Paula and a few others are riding to LaX on friday. I too will probably do that. On saturday we will meet Troy and everyone at the La Crosse Family Restaurant for breakfast and hit the road around 9:30/10:00. We will be taking 35 to Prairie Du Chien. Cross over to IA and take the Great River Rd (56-52-9) to Dubuque.

Jeff (jjw SpyderRider) will meet us ALL in Dubuque. He will also be riding up to LaX to spend the night. Here should be more than enough riders heading that way for him to hook up with.

Houlihans -1801 Greyhound Park Drive, Dubuque, IA 52001 will be out meeting place. We should meet there by 1:00 at the latest. I would like the groups to take their time. Make a few more stops than you normally would and just enjoy the ride.

If the start times are too early for some of you further away riders, let me know. We can always leave a little later. PM me if you have any other questions.

If you need to reach me during this trip call my cell @ 920-915-9301

Hope to see all of you there

Thanks
John

pauly1
09-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Four States Ride (IL, IO, MN, WI). L - R: Michelle, TLesky, Karen, JJW SpyderRider, jvicker, 3tracs and SpyderDeb

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1670&attachmentid=32557

pauly1

Paula(Butch2025)
09-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Four States Ride (IL, IO, MN, WI). L - R: Michelle, TLesky, Karen, JJW SpyderRider, jvicker, 3tracs and SpyderDeb

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1670&attachmentid=32557

pauly1

Great photos...especially liked the self-portrait!

Hopefully the weather will be nice for the Oct. ride and we can make that one. That is, if there is still interest. --Paula