PDA

View Full Version : Only from a Canadian

CanAmMick
07-25-2011, 12:31 AM
My wife and I rode up the Parkway Sunday and had a great time, even tho it rained on us 4-5 time. One of the first places we pulled over we had an opportunity to meet a couple from Montreal Canada who were on vacation traveling through the US. We talked about Canada and the :spyder2: and North Carolina which they were really enjoying. The more we talked the more people that kept coming up to see the :spyder2:.
We parted ways and continued north on the Parkway and ran into them again about 50 miles north. When they pulled over we had a lot of people around the :spyder2: asking questions. The Canadian walked up to me and said "That thing is better than Facebook". I paused for a second cause I really didn't get what he was saying and then he said "You can meet more people having this thing than the friends your have on Facebook".

Seems to be a very true statement. Just think about all the people that have walked up to you since you've had your :spyder2:!! It's a very unique machine that a lot of people have not had the opportunity to see in person..

Yol Bolsun
07-25-2011, 10:57 AM
:2thumbs: Well put Mick. The Spyder certainly is an icebreaker when it comes to meeting people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grumpybob
07-25-2011, 11:03 AM
After a bad day Saturday; Nan got called in to work at the hospital, then as soon as she got home we had to take our 15 yr. old cat to the vet. Nothing could be done for Buddy so we had to put him to sleep.

We decided to go for a SpYder ride and to dinner. While we were eating we saw a girl taking pictures of our spYder. started out to leave after we were done eating and a gentleman called me over and shook my hand. He then showed me a card for the 'Society of survivors of Iwo Jima'. He had served in the Marines and was also at Normandy. Said he saw my veterans plate and the 3/9 emblem on my rear fender and had to get a picture of it. After talking for 15 minutes I told him I should be the one shaking his hand. We parted company, me feeling the bond between us would never end because of the Marine Corps.

CanAmMick
07-25-2011, 10:09 PM
After a bad day Saturday; Nan got called in to work at the hospital, then as soon as she got home we had to take our 15 yr. old cat to the vet. Nothing could be done for Buddy so we had to put him to sleep.

We decided to go for a SpYder ride and to dinner. While we were eating we saw a girl taking pictures of our spYder. started out to leave after we were done eating and a gentleman called me over and shook my hand. He then showed me a card for the 'Society of survivors of Iwo Jima'. He had served in the Marines and was also at Normandy. Said he saw my veterans plate and the 3/9 emblem on my rear fender and had to get a picture of it. After talking for 15 minutes I told him I should be the one shaking his hand. We parted company, me feeling the bond between us would never end because of the Marine Corps.

Very sorry to hear about Buddy.. People that do not have pets really don't understand that it's not just a pet, Buddy is part of the family!!!! I know how you feel since we've had to do the same thing over the years. It's a tough thing to do but hopefully he's in a better place now and feels no pain. One thing for sure, you will always have Buddy in your heart and thoughts.

Iwo Jima, and Normandy!! What a tough thing to have to go through. Imagine how many people that he knew that did not return home. Going through one of those battles would be like going through hell. It would be an honor to shake his hand!!!!!!

woodchuck
07-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Very sorry to hear about Buddy.. People that do not have pets really don't understand that it's not just a pet, Buddy is part of the family!!!! I know how you feel since we've had to do the same thing over the years. It's a tough thing to do but hopefully he's in a better place now and feels no pain. One thing for sure, you will always have Buddy in your heart and thoughts.

Iwo Jima, and Normandy!! What a tough thing to have to go through. Imagine how many people that he knew that did not return home. Going through one of those battles would be like going through hell. It would be an honor to shake his hand!!!!!!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The
old and frail animals are young again.Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day long with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twiches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, :ohyea:you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.:2thumbs:

grumpybob
07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
It was an honor to shake his hand for me. He was from Chicago, up here to see a friend he served with. It is interesting how we get to cross paths with someone like that for 15 minutes, and it becomes 15 minutes you remember the rest of your life.

Buddy is/was a rescue kitten off the street. We still have Perky his brother and hope Perky last a few more years. Buddy is buried on the top of our small hill looking down on the house. We can also look up and see him.

CanAmMick
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM
THE RAINBOW BRIDGE
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The
old and frail animals are young again.Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day long with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twiches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, :ohyea:you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.:2thumbs:

Very well said! I've never read this before. Thanks for sharing it with us..

Catniption
07-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Oh my gosh! Spyder lovers, pet lovers and those who honor our soldiers! What a fabulous group of people we have here.

Buddy is among good friends, as I have several kitties whom have crossed the bridge. As a foster mom to many litters of kittens, thank you for adopting a shelter/rescue pet.

As for Sypders being conversation starters, that a big yes. I think Miss Shelly Kitty has had her picture taken a million times. People hang out car windows going highway speed with thier cameras in hand.

A big THANK YOU to all the veterans and our current soldiers. You risk you lives so that we may live ours. There are no words to express the gratitude you desrve.