PDA

View Full Version : 4 State Ride

Paula(Butch2025)
07-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Just got a message from jvicker wondering if anyone from Minnesota would be interested in doing a 4 state meet and greet.

Wisconsin and Minnesota riders meet in La Crosse,WI. Iowa and Illinois riders meet in Debuque,IA. Then we ALL meet in Praire Du Chein,WI. We can make it an overnight trip, a day trip, weekend trip?

If this sounds good give me some dates to relay back to John. August is almost upon us, so we'd need to move fast on this one if you want to do it during the summer.

-- Paula

jlb
07-25-2011, 09:54 PM
managed to damage a tendon in my hand at spyderfest & just got cleared to ride last week :ohyea:. Would love to fit in a road trip before summer's over. Just give me enough notice to find a cat sitter & i'm in.

SethO
07-26-2011, 02:10 AM
if its after the salt flats the last weekend of august then I am in, mid sept would be awesome, jim from IA would be down, hit the river road and the great hole in the wall places.

Paula(Butch2025)
07-26-2011, 09:23 AM
if its after the salt flats the last weekend of august then I am in, mid sept would be awesome, jim from IA would be down, hit the river road and the great hole in the wall places.

I agree with the early Sept. time frame...down along the river it would be really nice. So far only 2 others from MN have posted an interest. Keep watching to see what happens. --Paula

Explorer53525
07-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Sept is better than August and it won't even hurt to wait til fall colors pop.
I'd like to do the whole Dubuque to LaCrosse run so we will make it an overnight in LaCrosse on one end or other of trip depending if we make this a Saturday or Sunday run.
I'll have a go at getting some more Wisconsin and Illinois folks interested.
My husband and I each ride a Red RS.
We're out of Clinton, WI, near Beloit,WI\Rockford, Ill
:spyder2::spyder2:

JJW SpyderRider
07-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I would be interested in the actual route once set to see if I can fit it in. I would ride with Explorer53525 and maybe some more of the state line gang :doorag:.

Paula(Butch2025)
07-26-2011, 07:49 PM
I would be interested in the actual route once set to see if I can fit it in. I would ride with Explorer53525 and maybe some more of the state line gang :doorag:.

You could probably contact jvicker, he is the one that instigated this 4 State Ride. He might have an idea what route is spinning around in his head.

Paula

jvicker
07-26-2011, 08:29 PM
:dontknow:

I was hoping others would chime in on some great roads to take. I'm on the wrong side of the state. I'm just trying to get a good group of spiders together for fun. ( I miss Spyderfest). :(

My thought was just to hug the Mississippi the whole time. I'm just throwing and idea out there hoping to get feedback as to when and how long. Maybe instead we meet in Praire and go up one side to La Crosse down the other to Dubuque back up to Praire.? That would be about 4-5 hrs. Maybe we just ride around the La Crosse area and spend the night and meet the Iowa/Illinois teem in Praire or somewhere else for that matter.

Im just trying to get the ball rolling. Keep up the feedback:thumbup:

Paula(Butch2025)
07-26-2011, 09:06 PM
:dontknow:

I was hoping others would chime in on some great roads to take. I'm on the wrong side of the state. I'm just trying to get a good group of spiders together for fun. ( I miss Spyderfest). :(

My thought was just to hug the Mississippi the whole time. I'm just throwing and idea out there hoping to get feedback as to when and how long. Maybe instead we meet in Praire and go up one side to La Crosse down the other to Dubuque back up to Praire.? That would be about 4-5 hrs. Maybe we just ride around the La Crosse area and spend the night and meet the Iowa/Illinois teem in Praire or somewhere else for that matter.

Im just trying to get the ball rolling. Keep up the feedback:thumbup:

This IS a great idea...so with that said...we have interest, so let's pick a date...the only preferrence I've seen is Seth & one other for a weekend in September. What does everyone think of September...the weekend of the 10-11th or 24-25th?

SethO
07-26-2011, 11:36 PM
I have sept 10-11th and 24-25th off so either of them would work

3tracs
07-26-2011, 11:41 PM
The Great River Road is an awesome ride... I PM'd Jim and some other Iowa ryders to check their interest. (Got to check my dates too.)

:pray:

TLesky
07-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Basically anything that is along the river would be great in the early fall. I am having difficulty working out all the components to this that would include as many riders for as long as possible. i will say that there are ways to go on both side of the river from Minneapolis to the Quad Cities. Lots of great stops and spots like.....

In Minnesota-Winona, Lake City, Redwing
In Wisconsin-La Crosse, Prarie Du Chien, Alma, Elsworth
In Iowa- New Albin, Dubuque, Davenport

you guys can obviuosly fill in more places.

Perhaps one meeting spot like Prarie Du Chien for everyone and then up one side of the river and down the other. That way if you can only join for part, we would be in the area for at least some of the time. Likewise if the group was closer to your home part way through the ride and you needed to peel off, you could.

There are a lot of logistics to work out trying to work 4 states into this trying to give eveyone a piece of it. Perhaps a longer ride like north from Prarie to Lake City, then south to La Crosse, the next day to Quad Cities, and back to Prarie, then stay or go if you want.
Just a few ideas.:dontknow:

jvicker
07-27-2011, 04:28 PM
I have sept 10-11th and 24-25th off so either of them would work

Looks like we have opposite weekends off in Sept.:( Those are the dates I'll be at work. majority rule on the dates. If I have to move some vacation time around, so be it. :thumbup: I'm not missing my own ride!

MMcc
07-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Right after labor-day weekend would work for me. After that have to leave for Phoenix for a week.

wildwoman
07-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Any date in September would work.
I forget where it is, but the largest 6 pack is always nice to see if you never saw it.

JJW SpyderRider
07-27-2011, 07:00 PM
John, the 17th & 18th are good for me :2thumbs: but any weekend will work. It looks like a 4-1/2 hour ride for me to Prairie du chien. I'll try to bring some other riders from the area.

Big Arm
07-27-2011, 07:34 PM
I'll keep watching this thread with interest........and If I can, I'll slip on over to that side of the state. :yes:

TLesky
07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
17th and 18th are good for me but like Jef said, majority rules. Unfortunately, I dont have the flexibility to switch wekends off so if it doesnt work out, I am ok with that. I will still do all I can to help organize things from here in La Crosse.

Yes the Worlds largest six pack is kinda cool. Perhaps since I live here its not as cool but cool anyway.:thumbup:

SethO
07-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Looks like we have opposite weekends off in Sept.:( Those are the dates I'll be at work. majority rule on the dates. If I have to move some vacation time around, so be it. :thumbup: I'm not missing my own ride!

that sucks but I may be able to swing a friday out of the week to meet up with people and hang out. be a great idea to have everyone meet up and then ride back the way they want, anyone on here know of a great place in the area that is motorcycle awesome?

TLesky
07-28-2011, 09:28 PM
that sucks but I may be able to swing a friday out of the week to meet up with people and hang out. be a great idea to have everyone meet up and then ride back the way they want, anyone on here know of a great place in the area that is motorcycle awesome?

No dates set in stone yet. I think we are going to go with the majority on this one. Also i think we should try to get a general head count between 2 weekends and tally them up so we can nail down one weekend or the other.

As far as motorcycle awsome roads go, I dont think you can do much better in this part of the country. All the roads along the river have great scenery, some twists and turns, and excellent places to stop.

So if Jeff wants to keep tally, I will start. I can do the 17th and 18th.:chat:

SethO
07-28-2011, 10:54 PM
I can do either the 9th or the 23rd without burning a day.

Paula(Butch2025)
07-29-2011, 06:29 AM
The 10th and 24th are best, but could make others work if needed.

jvicker
07-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Looks like Sept. 17th works for most but if more could make it, maybe October 1st & 2nd may work for everybody. Or 15,16.

Explorer53525
08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I am all for the October dates and seeing the fall colors. Been hot riding lately.

spyderlady50
08-03-2011, 01:00 PM
We could do any weekend in Sept or October:clap: