PDA

View Full Version : Cuba, Missouri

flamingobabe
07-23-2011, 08:10 PM
well we are traveling...and tonight we stopped in Cuba.....saw Cowtown on the Interstate...wish it was a week day....we would stop in and say Hi......saw a blue RT headed west on I44 just west of Cuba....who are you???? been doing route 66 from Tulsa, OK headed to...just south of Chicago...and then on to Bellaire, Mi.....been real hot...yesterday it got to 107 degrees....lots of water...stop about every 100 miles to cool down....doesn't do good for milage...but we are having fun....

Weave2u
07-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Even with the heat it sounds like great fun. I don't think I could do more than 100 miles on the stock seats.:opps:

Have fun... Be safe... Enjoy the highway :2thumbs:

flamingobabe
07-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I have a Corbin....but last summer I did up to 500 miles on stock seat

Weave2u
07-23-2011, 08:49 PM
I have a Corbin....but last summer I did up to 500 miles on stock seat

Just thinking about that made me get up and walk in circles...:roflblack:

Mo Lee
07-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Dang I missed my chance to meet you and hotglue I,m in colorada tonight.

Firefly
07-23-2011, 10:14 PM
While in bellaire Michigan go to Shorts brewing--- great place. If you catch it on a Friday nite they have a great acoustic guitar duo that plays.

G-Man
07-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Flamingobabe, have you added pink flames to your Spyder? Are you traveling with a two-wheeler? If so, we just missed you, as you were passing us under an overpass in the Waynesville/St Robert area.

Ride safe, drink water.

flamingobabe
07-24-2011, 05:40 AM
Flamingobabe, have you added pink flames to your Spyder? Are you traveling with a two-wheeler? If so, we just missed you, as you were passing us under an overpass in the Waynesville/St Robert area.

Ride safe, drink water.

Yes...that was us...husband (hotglue) is riding a Valkyrie.....and I have pink flames...
http://vrcc.photostash.com/vrcc_44/resize%20spyder%20graphic2.jpg
.headed out this morning to ride Route 66 towards Chicago.....

GloryRyders
07-24-2011, 05:45 AM
:2thumbs: You're probably on the Mother Rode already this morning so I'm sorry to have missed you. Could have caught-up when you passed thru St. Louis to say :welcome: to the HOT side. Have a safe trip.

G-Man
07-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Yes...that was us...husband (hotglue) is riding a Valkyrie.....and I have pink flames....headed out this morning to ride Route 66 towards Chicago.

Very nice. Sorry we missed the opportunity to meet you and your husband. Have a safe trip.

The blue RT you saw had just been purchased by another friend of ours who goes by the name "Pinky". One more Syder in the Waynesville area. She's not on the forums yet. :doorag:

Mo Lee
07-24-2011, 07:08 AM

Ride safe, drink water.
G-Man I'm ashamed you did not recognize a Valk.

glynnk
07-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Hope you guys continue to have a safe and fun ride...in spite of the heat! Hope to see you when you get back home.

Glynnk

flamingobabe
07-24-2011, 08:05 PM
well, we headed out this morning...got over to St Louis...headed north on I-55....Route 66 runs along side...construction and then the dark sky was headed towards us...change plans....we went across, east on 54 to 24 into Indy and up 421 to I-94...found a place to stay the night......tomorrow we will put around the lake while we head to Bellaire....we will arrive in Bellaire on Tuesday....so 260 miles in 2 days....that leaves a lot of time to look around.......glynnk...see you in H-town....for the next 5 or 6 days the weather should be highs about 85...lows about 60.....thanks Michigan....