PDA

View Full Version : got my Spyder back last evening

hawkiii
07-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Got my Spyder back yesterday. All went well for the ride home but I had to readjust my exhaust when I got home. It wasn't seated well. So this morning I decide to put it to the test. I took one of my favorite rides inland and then headed for the bay in Benicia, Ca. As I was headed down the main drag in town I looked down and the air temp reading was 86 degrees and the Spyder was in Limp Mode due to excessive heat :gaah:
I managed to sit long enough for it to cool and I quickly hit the road home. So the Spyder ran pretty good for about 105 miles. As soon as it cools down good I will start pulling the skins to see what I can see. Spyders in the redwoods is coming soon and I want to be sure I can get there and back. I haven't had any heat related problems since coming home from Los Angeles in 114 degree heat. Limp Mode should not be happening when it is 86 degrees outside.:(

bjt
07-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Too bad it's still not 100%. Hopefully its something minor.

Ga Blue Knight
07-22-2011, 04:21 AM
You mentioned that you had to adjust the muffler? I'd start looking to see if you have some issues with that first.

kman
07-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Check your radiator fan,it should come on at 5 bars.

hawkiii
07-22-2011, 05:35 PM
ok, got all the skins off and started looking around. Reached down to the fan connector and it dropped to the bottom pan. They didn't latch the connector. I snugged it up and made sure it was latched, started the Spyder and let her run to 5 bars and the fan kicked in. I'm ready to try another ride to make sure that was it but it is just too hot to ride right now. I'll wait for the morning and run til it gets hot in the afternoon to see what happens. So far I feel a little better, just frustrating to have to go behind the trained technicians and find what they missed. They get a boatload more money per hour to do this than I do. I get to do it for free.

Dudley
07-22-2011, 07:18 PM
trained technicians don't do this. Them who have head in sand while mouth in motor mode with their buddies in the work bays do this.

boborgera
07-22-2011, 07:45 PM
trained technicians don't do this. Them who have head in sand while mouth in motor mode with their buddies in the work bays do this.
:agree:Also there should be NO personal cell phones on the job site.
This way they do the the job right the first time ,With out their Girlfriend or Wife, or BOTH interrupting them every ten minutes.:gaah: