PDA

View Full Version : About to buy a RS-S. How is the price?

CaughtInTheWeb
07-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm getting it out of the door at the dealer for 17282 and with taxes for 18861.

It's a Black/Orange RS-S SE5. They are shopping the loan rate to see who will give me the best rate. I was hoping to be able to pay cash, but my wife wouldn't allow me to pull that much from savings.

I'm assuming that is a good deal, but have seen a lot of used ones lately going for under that. I know you lose a lot of cash driving it off the lot, but would like to get the best deal possible.

BikerDoc
07-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Have you received quotes from other dealers.. I wouldn't bike without at least four quotes. sometimes it's even more cost effective to ride out of state to buy... The only way you can really tell a good price is if you can't get someone to beat it.. When I bought I have four quotes almost the same price then finally the fifth quote beat them all by $2000 (he got the sale)

CaughtInTheWeb
07-21-2011, 02:36 PM
They are matching a price from a dealer about 10 hours from me. I just called the only two other local dealers.

One of them said they wouldn't touch it and the other told me he would run some numbers and call me back.

It doesn't sound like a great deal to me, but I'm used to dealing on vehicles that cost more than twice as much.

Right now the discount is not quite 2000 off MSRP on a 19199 bike.

mvengineer
07-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Just traded my 2009 SE5 w /11,000 miles for an RSS Orange/black SE5. MSRP $19,199
I paid a total difference of $6000.00 out the door w/tax, title, etc. I Figured I was out about $3500 for riding the bike for 3 years. They also intalled all my accessories from old bike to new one at no additional cost. Not bad I think.

Mr. White
07-21-2011, 03:20 PM
JMHO. I shopped three dealers in my area. One, not the best price by $300 is well known for customer service and a good Spyder wrench. I bought from them. They are 50 miles from me, the other two are 45 and 25, but their maintenace dept. are not as good and one did not even speak when I walked into the showroom. I left after 15 minutes of standing around....with two sale people looking at me and visiting with each other....never acknowledging I was there.

You may save a few bucks up front, but I always put a dollar figure on the "aggravation factor". How much is it worth to not put up with poor service from a dealer who doesn't care. JMHO

:spyder2:

bone crusher
07-21-2011, 04:05 PM
JMHO. I shopped three dealers in my area. One, not the best price by $300 is well known for customer service and a good Spyder wrench. I bought from them. They are 50 miles from me, the other two are 45 and 25, but their maintenace dept. are not as good and one did not even speak when I walked into the showroom. I left after 15 minutes of standing around....with two sale people looking at me and visiting with each other....never acknowledging I was there.

You may save a few bucks up front, but I always put a dollar figure on the "aggravation factor". How much is it worth to not put up with poor service from a dealer who doesn't care. JMHO

:spyder2:

right on...I'd gladly pay more for good customer service...something it seems a lot of spyder dealers lack!

CaughtInTheWeb
07-22-2011, 07:52 AM
I shopped around a little more. I found a dealer an hour away that would beat the price by 200 and they actually called me back and kept me up to date while they located the bike.

I'm picking up a Orange/Black 2011 RS-S tomorrow.

I thought about waiting for the 2012, but they were telling me September-October before they could get one and I honestly didn't see the point in giving up 2+ months of the riding season.

I ended up getting them down from 19199 to 16800.

Ga Blue Knight
07-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Let's face it if you want the bike just buy it, don't worry about the total price as you will most likely drop another couple of big ticket items on the bike anyway. Besides a new bike has that special smell, you know burning in mufflers and hot brake pads and the smell of all that new rubber flying off the rear wheel!:ohyea:

fastfraser
07-23-2011, 12:31 PM
I shopped around a little more. I found a dealer an hour away that would beat the price by 200 and they actually called me back and kept me up to date while they located the bike.

I thought about waiting for the 2012, but they were telling me September-October before they could get one and I honestly didn't see the point in giving up 2+ months of the riding season.

Great deal. Don't foreget the BEST warranty. Cost you a few bucks 800-1200 but well worth it.

rcho
07-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I wanted to get a new RSS SE5 also, could you tell me which dealer and who you take to. I would like the same deal. here is chicago, they only sell me msrp..

thanks.