PDA

View Full Version : Bout to get my first spyder

WeekendFun84
07-21-2011, 02:12 AM
Anyone live in Aiken or surrounding area? I'm bout to get me a :spyder2: for my b-day in a couple of weeks. Still trying to make my mind up whether to get a RSS or the RT A&C.....decisions, decisions. Hope to talk and ride with some of ya'll soon

CJ/johnnyg
07-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Anyone live in Aiken or surrounding area? I'm bout to get me a :spyder2: for my b-day in a couple of weeks. Still trying to make my mind up whether to get a RSS or the RT A&C.....decisions, decisions. Hope to talk and ride with some of ya'll soon

:congrats::welcome:
You need to test ride both. They are both alot of fun. It all depends on what kind of ride you want. To me the RT is the Caddy and the RS is the racecar. They are both great. Oh heck buy one of each:roflblack::roflblack:

tobor9
07-21-2011, 07:46 AM
That's what we did,I got my wife(SDM) a RT-S and then got me a RS,their both great rides!:yes:

SpyderAnn01
07-21-2011, 08:00 AM
:welcome: good luck with your decision. I take a lot of trips so for me the RT is perfect. If you just want something for commuting or short trips then you may prefer the RS. Like CJ/JohnnyG said it is the difference between a luxury sedan and a sports car.

Hawk Eye
07-21-2011, 12:47 PM
:welcome: The RT is the one for me, but maybe it's my age. I like the comfort over the sport ride.

Pete:yes::yes:

ARtraveler
07-21-2011, 01:37 PM
:welcome: By all means, you should test drive both. The :spyder2: you choose should be what is best for you.

I have had both the RS and RT flavors.

I like luxury touring and comfort--so my current ryde is the RT-S

The RS is more like a sport bike, snappier pickup, stiffer ride, forward leaning position.

I like upright seating and cushy ryde.

Good luck on your quest. Let us know what you decide.

spyderpoop
09-22-2012, 09:06 PM
got my se-5 a week ago and very impressed with it other then touchy steering so take it slow