PDA

View Full Version : iPod for a RT-S

joe schmoe
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Is it worth the extra coin to get the iPod interface cable for the RT-S??? What can you control the iPod from the handlebars? Next song, or can you shuffle songs, change playlists?? What all can you control???

Thanks in advance

2NFrnt
07-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Your RT-S should come with the Ipod cable, at least my 2010 did. If I recall correctly you can change the playlist while stopped, or nearly stopped, but you can change to the next or previous song while moving. I set mine to shuffle on the playlist I want to listen to before I toss it in the back then I just punch thru tunes I don't want to hear today. I use the Ipod much more than the radio.

ThreeWheels
07-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Your RT-S should come with the Ipod cable, at least my 2010 did. If I recall correctly you can change the playlist while stopped, or nearly stopped, but you can change to the next or previous song while moving. I set mine to shuffle on the playlist I want to listen to before I toss it in the back then I just punch thru tunes I don't want to hear today. I use the Ipod much more than the radio.

You can change the playlist while moving as well. A quick push of the left or right button changes to the next or previous song. Hold the button and you move to the next playlist.

One thing I've discovered, you can't set the IPOD to shuffle except by the technique you describe. Set to shuffle from teh IPOD itself.

If it's in shuffle mode, and you change playlists from the handlebar you lose the shuffle mode.

NancysToy
07-20-2011, 09:40 PM
If you have the audio system, you should have been provided an iPod cable. For those with the RT A&C, the MP3 cable is extra, but the iPod cable is provided. The RTS comes with both cables. The iPod is integrated as far as song/playlist/artist selection. It also automatically turns on and off and charges when hooked via the iPod cable.

retiredsquid
07-20-2011, 10:04 PM
UPS should deliver my new 160GB iPOD Classic tomorrow. I've got a bit over a thousand songs downloaded to my computer. I have to figure out how to put playlists together.

We used the wife's ipod on the San Antonio trip and I grew to like it.

Yol Bolsun
07-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Y'all got me excited. Have used iphone 3GS for a few rydes. Liked it. Talked to daughter and she found me an ipod (on only, no off, no $$). Should have it shortly. Planning Ryde tunez list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retiredsquid
07-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I ordered our new iPod on Tuesday evening and it arrived via UPS this afternoon.:2thumbs: I've got it attached to the laptop right now charging up. It's already synced up with my iTunes and have already dumped 1,257 songs into it. With the iPod I do not need XM radio and can load 160GB of tunes on it and that is a lot of music since 1,257 songs have only taken 7GB of space thus far. :yes:

freebob
07-21-2011, 04:38 PM
I ordered our new iPod on Tuesday evening and it arrived via UPS this afternoon.:2thumbs: I've got it attached to the laptop right now charging up. It's already synced up with my iTunes and have already dumped 1,257 songs into it. With the iPod I do not need XM radio and can load 160GB of tunes on it and that is a lot of music since 1,257 songs have only taken 7GB of space thus far. :yes:

With a 160gb Ipod you could play it without a repeat until your warranty runs out...:ohyea:...

Freebob...:doorag:

Leslee
07-21-2011, 04:54 PM
True, iPod cable comes with RTS. Charges while playing. Works great

retiredsquid
07-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Freebob,
I suspect you are correct. I have a friend that has 1,300 CDs. Yes, 1,300 CDs downloaded onto his iPod.:yikes: Don't ask me how he got so many, but he is a musician in the evenings and a lawyer during the daytime.

retiredsquid
07-21-2011, 04:57 PM
True, iPod cable comes with RTS. Charges while playing. Works great

Does it drain the battery if you leave it plugged in with the key turned off?

NancysToy
07-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Does it drain the battery if you leave it plugged in with the key turned off?
Not enough to notice. I never take mine off, and never use the battery charger during the summer.