PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Tag

2Gunns
07-20-2011, 11:21 AM
shamelessly stolen from the Ohio Ryders (and others apparently)...but it sounds pretty cool. So let's go with it!

The Concept

Someone posts a pic (the tag photo) of their Spyder at an interesting spot. You ride there, take a picture of your Spyder (the follow-up photo), and upload it here. If you're first to follow-up, you then get to post a new tag photo for someone else to find.

The Rules

The tag photo must include your Spyder near something interesting (ie, historical, natural, cultural, gastronomic, etc).
All photos must be in North Carolina (or South Carolina)...but please specify which when posting.
The goal of this is to have cool places to visit, not stump your friends with obscure locations. If your picture doesn't have enough info, give a description (ie, "This covered bridge is the oldest in the state."
When a site is tagged, ride to that location and take a picture of your Spyder there. The first person follow-up gets to post the next tag.
When tagging a new site, you may use an old photo, but follow-up photos must be new. Remember, the goal is to get out and ride.
A new tag photo must be posted within seven days (one week, sooner is preferred) or we revert to the previous tag.
Posting using smartphones from the field is OK, but remember some phones record GPS info making it pretty easy to find the site.
If you know where the site is, don't say anything until after the follow-up photo is posted.
When you post a follow-up photo, feel free to give details on the location in case someone else wants to visit the spot.
Here's the first tag:
(made the first one very easy...I know you all have simular photo of this NC location...and anywhere along it's 496 miles will be OK))

2Gunns
07-22-2011, 07:13 AM
really? no one wants to play tag with me :(

SpyderDuck
07-22-2011, 08:22 AM
My avatar pic was actually taken there, lol!

2Gunns
07-22-2011, 12:52 PM
My avatar pic was actually taken there, lol!

just to get things moving...I'll take it !
Blue Ridge Parkway, right?

"TAG you're it" :2thumbs:

CanAmMick
07-23-2011, 12:03 AM
If you move your mouse over the picture it shows it's on the parkway!!!

Excellent suggestion. I usually only get one day a week where I have time to ride for pleasure and it's on the weekend. I do ride my :spyder2: to work every day, even in the rain. Love it!!! Since I'm not from North Carolina I really don't know of many places, but guess I'll have to learn.

Are you going to try to show up on the 30th at Greensboro with some of the others????? http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30176

Were going to ride down Friday night and stay the weekend. Haven't ever been over in that neck of the woods so it should be fun..

SpyderDuck
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
just to get things moving...I'll take it !
Blue Ridge Parkway, right?

"TAG you're it" :2thumbs:

Yup, the Parkway... at a scenic overlook somewhere between Blowing Rock and Laurel Springs. Dang, I have so few pics that I'm not a good candidate for this one... lemme dig around in my files; if I can't find anything, I'll go somewhere just to take a pic! :thumbup: