PDA

View Full Version : My first edited video

Lamonster
07-20-2011, 11:08 AM
As one of the Spyder5 gang we are required to submit videos to BRP and post them on Facebook. I got to tell you my videos are just raw unedited videos mostly because I didn't have the patience to learn my video program. To be honest if I don't start to get it within an hour or two I'm done and moving on to the next thing. That's how it was with imovie but after seeing Faran post a pretty cool video that she made on imovie and knowing she had never used it before I knew I had to get off my butt and try it again. :spyder:

So I load up imovie and I start Googling how to videos on using this program. Most of the videos are done by 12 year old kids and that really made me feel stupid. :helpsmilie: It really is an easy program to use once you understand some of the basics.

So I got the basics down now and I made my first edited video and I hope to make a lot more in the future. I plan on doing a bunch of Lamonster Garage videos that will go along with some of the how to post that I do here.

You may never need to know how to remove your fender but I made it just to play with this program and try and live up to my peers. It's a little rough but I hope you like it and it will get better I promise. :doorag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TVpniQ3764

MarkLawson
07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Nice video Lamont! I'll bet you'll find you're having even more fun with the final product.

(Hey, as you get more and more professional in your productions, don't forget to first go by one of those Nail store and get a manicure! :ohyea:)

Lamonster
07-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Nice video Lamont! I'll bet you'll find you're having even more fun with the final product.

(Hey, as you get more and more professional in your productions, don't forget to first go by one of those Nail store and get a manicure! :ohyea:)
You know I can sit in an empty room with clean nails and an hour later they will have dirt under them. nojoke What you see is what you get. :D

BikerDoc
07-20-2011, 11:26 AM
I guess we are all driven by our peers to become better. Seems like a good thing to me for everyone.

arntufun
07-20-2011, 11:43 AM
You keep this up and your going to need a agent. I heard Jerry Maquire was pretty good. :roflblack: See for yourself below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA&feature=player_detailpage

granpa in Cincy
07-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Fred Harmon eat your heart out :joke: :spyder2: :joke: :yes:

Lamonster
07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
This is what a video edited by pro's look like. :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRAWluIa3SA

boborgera
07-20-2011, 01:46 PM
You know I can sit in an empty room with clean nails and an hour later they will have dirt under them. nojoke What you see is what you get. :D

;)
Clean hands are for people that do nothing.:ohyea:

Weave2u
07-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey Kudos Lamont!! As far as the videos are concerned, personally, I don't need slick editing and attention grabbing transistitions... but informative and personal... that I need. Thanks Lamont... you make the Spyder community tic IMO. Interestingly, you were already making some very useful videos and picture-by-picture tutorials anyway! It makes it possible for unskilled folks like me to get stuff done and motivates me too!! Keep it up...it's definitely needed and appreciated! Thanks again! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

:f_spider: on!!

acinpcola
07-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Hey Kudos Lamont!! As far as the videos are concerned, personally, I don't need slick editing and attention grabbing transistitions... but informative and personal... that I need. Thanks Lamont... you make the Spyder community tic IMO. Interestingly, you were already making some very useful videos and picture-by-picture tutorials anyway! It makes it possible for unskilled folks like me to get stuff done and motivates me too!! Keep it up...it's definitely needed and appreciated! Thanks again! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

:f_spider: on!!

:agree:yep yep great job there Lamont. So I am thinking on buying a device to lift my spyder what kind of jack system would you recommend.

Be Safe and Keep up the vids
AC:spyder2:

MouthPiece
07-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Excellent idea to make these videos bro. Great job on your first. However, Farran is much better looking. :D

Chris

SpongeBob
07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
And the award for best improved videography goes to ...

Nice job, Lamonster! Love videos.

Does anyone know how we can save these videos to the computer?

Putting them on the laptop to view in the garage would really be handy.

MarkLawson
07-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Fred Harmon eat your heart out :joke: :spyder2: :joke: :yes:

Hey, Fred doesn't have anything to worry about until Lamont starts using his bare feet to hold the parts he's working on!

TicketBait
07-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Excellent Job for the first time! , I have used imovie and found it alot of fun, heck you can easily put chapter headings and the more you use it the easier it will get. You are a great story teller Lamont, and it will come through in your how to videos :thumbup: LaMonter Garage is very catchy...........maybe there is a TV show in the future for you :yes:

really enjoyed the tech school video too:clap:

ArmyJoe
07-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Nice video! :thumbup:

How 'bout one where you show how to check your own valves? ;)

Tiny1
07-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Good Job!:thumbup: Look out Steven Spielberg!

Lone Spyder Ryder
07-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Very good video can't wait to see more. Thanks.

Ga Blue Knight
07-21-2011, 05:38 AM
Great job, most folks will gain a lot of confidence with working on their :spyder2: I know that I was pretty intimidated when I first took a look under the tuperware but slowly with the help of your posts and others too I am getting more into the guts of the bike. Thanks!!!:clap: