PDA

View Full Version : Spyder initiation test

dshogman
07-18-2011, 01:00 PM
OK, I know this is a process that you all have gone through. Just wondering how many more tests there are in addition to the two I have passed already:
1. Nelson Rigg full cover for the Spyder comes out of a bag the same size as the half cover bag. Now I couldn't get the cover back in that bag but luckily I had an older bag (RevPack largest size). So I figure I passed that test.
2. Removing the toolkit from the frunk location with the liner in place was very difficult. Now to return it to that location and get the liner zipped up - that was a test. It only took 5-10 minutes but I think I passed.
So, what's left???:gaah:

Questions
07-18-2011, 01:05 PM
RIDE (and order more mods) :clap:

daveinva
07-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Braver man than I! First day, I got the toolkit out of the frunk liner, spent who-knows-how-many minutes trying to get it back in, and finally just said screw it-- I now just keep it on the frunk floor under the webbing now.

I also had an old shaving kit bag that I use on the frunk floor: it holds misc. stuff like microfiber towels, a can of cleaner, small funnels for oil and coolant, pliers, tire plug kit, etc.

BTW, speaking of the toolkit, you'll find a lot of threads on here about what to add into the toolkit. My most helpful recommendation: get a ratchet with torx heads. Much easier than using the included screwdriver when you want to take panels off.

Weave2u
07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
OK, I know this is a process that you all have gone through. Just wondering how many more tests there are in addition to the two I have passed already:
1. Nelson Rigg full cover for the Spyder comes out of a bag the same size as the half cover bag. Now I couldn't get the cover back in that bag but luckily I had an older bag (RevPack largest size). So I figure I passed that test.
2. Removing the toolkit from the frunk location with the liner in place was very difficult. Now to return it to that location and get the liner zipped up - that was a test. It only took 5-10 minutes but I think I passed.
So, what's left???:gaah:

The real tests start when you start doing mods and the companies you purchase them from think you are a Spyder genius and don't need step-by-step instructions :gaah: Or things go a little sideways as you're installing the mods...:yikes: and you have to straighten it back out before you can finish your installation :shocked: As for the tool kit, at first I had an issue with it, but I've used it so much that I get it in and out without problems now... so it's an experience thing, but don't just give up on it... you can do it :2thumbs: Best of all, you can come here and get some good :helpsmilie: (Not counting the "know-it-alls" that say :lecturef_smilie: "Read your manual/instructions, it's in there..." :read: Yeah right... two things for them: :crackpipe: and :barf: on you!!!

Best to you!

:f_spider: on!!

WackyDan
07-18-2011, 01:32 PM
3. Remove both top and bottom halves of the airbox and reinstall inside of 1/2 an hour. :roflblack:

spyryder
07-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Adjust the parking brake. :D

arntufun
07-18-2011, 01:46 PM
I was going to say this...

TEST # 4
Take your Spyder in for service and wait at the shop for it to get done. If you pass this test then every other test would be a breeze. :roflblack:

But I'm not going to say that because I'm turning over a new leaf to try to take it easy on BRP because this issue is being addressed. See, I'm learning !!! :roflblack:

Weave2u
07-18-2011, 01:52 PM
I was going to say this...

TEST # 4
Take your Spyder in for service and wait at the shop for it to get done. If you pass this test then every other test would be a breeze. :roflblack:

But I'm not going to say that because I'm turning over a new leaf to try to take it easy on BRP because this issue is being addressed. See, I'm learning !!! :roflblack:

You're just afraid of Lamont :roflblack::roflblack: :joke:

arntufun
07-18-2011, 01:59 PM
You're just afraid of Lamont :roflblack::roflblack: :joke:

:roflblack::roflblack: Well he does have the power of God to eliminate my account with one push of a button. :roflblack::roflblack: But my real fear is, that you guys would miss me !!

dshogman
07-18-2011, 02:50 PM
As to the mods, the test when I was in the Harley world was whether you could pick up the annual parts catalog with one hand! Usually at least 1 1/2" thick and weighing a few pounds. And each year it got bigger. At least with the Spyder, all the aftermarket vendors are online and the BRP catalog is not much to talk about. Prices, though, of those aftermarket parts are definitely on a par with the Harley stuff.:helpsmilie:

Texmac1011
07-18-2011, 05:52 PM
3. Remove both top and bottom halves of the airbox and reinstall inside of 1/2 an hour. :roflblack:

I gave up on this one. Now I just push the bottom half out of the way to get to that one plug.

Weave2u
07-18-2011, 06:17 PM
:roflblack::roflblack: But my real fear is, that you guys would miss me !!

I started missing you when you "toned it down" nojoke

boborgera
07-18-2011, 07:22 PM

I made a promise to myself, If ''I'' have to change the plugs again, I'll sell the Spyder. :ohyea:

Neez
07-18-2011, 09:20 PM
[/QUOTE] I got rid of that bulky air gauge and replaced it with the old fashioned ( but accurate, if used right) sliding stick type. Makes tool bag insertion much easier.

Neez
07-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Test#4: Get an accurate pressure reading from the rear tire using the BRP supplied gauge. Once more, the sliding stick comes to the rescue!

granpa in Cincy
07-19-2011, 06:18 AM
But my real fear is, that you guys would miss me !!

Be not afraid ! ;)