PDA

View Full Version : Salt River Canyon

AMTJIM
07-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Ran through Salt River Canyon from Tucson via 77 and 79. All is good until Mammoth, the road was under construction. You were allowed to do 25mph through town, not the posted 35 mph. Variable temps and elevation changes. Lots of good scenery and some twisties here and there, very fun and twisty the last few miles to the scenic areas at the top. Gas at Globe, Winkleman. There are scenic pull outs at the top and the twisties end there, where I usually turn around. I advise you fuel up at Globe on the way back, Winkleman really cuts it close to empty.:thumbup:

M109Dreamer
07-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a great ride. How were the temps on the ride. I spent the weekend hooking up LED's on the wifes :spyder2:

AMTJIM
07-18-2011, 11:30 PM
The temps varried by location and time of day. The fall~spring up in SRC can be cold compared to the rest of the trip.

M109Dreamer
07-19-2011, 12:53 AM
I think we should get a big group ride together, especially in the cooler months. Would be nice to meet the folks from the board here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AMTJIM
09-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Another great one, SRC was lookin' good. Fall was in the air, great temps on this one.