PDA

View Full Version : Scala G4 and iPhone

WaltH
07-17-2011, 02:38 PM
My Scala G4 will not work properly with my iPhone when making or receiving a phone call. I can hear the other party, but they cannot hear me. It makes no difference whether or not I am going through my Zumo 550. The iPhone does other things perfectly, like wireless (Bluetooth) transmission of music to the Scala G4.

The Scala G4 works perfectly with a Nokia smartphone (X-6). There is no problem with phone calls.

It would seem the problem is with the iPhone. Maybe I am not doing something right.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

BikerDoc
07-17-2011, 03:00 PM
my iphone works perfectly with my Scala G4.. Maybe you should remove the link and relink the phone and unit...

StanTheMan
07-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Based on what you described, it sounds like the problem is with the Scala microphone.

Try connecting your iPhone with another bluetooth headset. If it works, you could have a defective Scala microphone.

Also make sure both your iPhone and Scala headset are running the latest software/firmware.

Good luck!

BikerDoc
07-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I do notice that I have to speak quite loud at first to activate the G4 microphone

WaltH
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
my iphone works perfectly with my Scala G4.. Maybe you should remove the link and relink the phone and unit...

I have done a clean wipe and re-install numerous times. Nothing changes.

WaltH
07-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Based on what you described, it sounds like the problem is with the Scala microphone.

Try connecting your iPhone with another bluetooth headset. If it works, you could have a defective Scala microphone.

Also make sure both your iPhone and Scala headset are running the latest software/firmware.

Good luck!

Both microphones work fine in intercom mode. At least one of them works fine with a Nokia cell phone. No luck there.

bone crusher
07-17-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm having major issues with my G4, iphone, and zumo 550...it's like they don't want to talk anymore.

I can get a hard-wired ipod to play from the ipod to the G4, but I cannot get the phone to work, unless maybe I turn the zumo on and off a few times and the G4 on and off as well. In addition, there is NO volume coming from the Zumo into the G4...this really stinks.

I spoke with Cardo tech support (for the G4). He emailed instructions for deleting and repairing everything...did that and really no change. I'm about ready to throw the G4 in the garbage along with the zumo...

Any ideas anyone?

StanTheMan
07-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Both microphones work fine in intercom mode. At least one of them works fine with a Nokia cell phone. No luck there.

"Both microphones work...".
If you have two G4 units and they both fail to link and you did all the software/firmware updates, contact the seller or manufacture and ask if they can assist.

You can try connecting a friend's iPhone and see if it links. If successful, it will isolate the issue to your iPhone.

WaltH
07-18-2011, 12:45 AM
"Both microphones work...".
If you have two G4 units and they both fail to link and you did all the software/firmware updates, contact the seller or manufacture and ask if they can assist.

You can try connecting a friend's iPhone and see if it links. If successful, it will isolate the issue to your iPhone.

The problem is not that the G4 doesn't link (pair-up) with the iPhone. I can make a call using the G4 and I can hear the other party. The problem is that the other party cannot hear me.

I realize that it will be necessary to contact Cardo Systems for help with this problem. I hope they don't say it is not their problem and I must go to the iPhone seller. I was thinking that a Spyderlover may have had the same problem and could advise as to the cause and the outcome in their case.

It would be helpful to find another iPhone to test. I know the G4 works with a Nokia phone.

Hokiev
07-18-2011, 06:25 AM
I have a G4 Power set and iPhone paired and have no problems making or receiving calls on the set-up.

Have you tried re-pairing it and it still does not work, don't have an answer.

Can you listen to the iPod function pushing the A button on the G4?
If that works it would appear the connection between the two is working

Pincushion
07-18-2011, 11:26 AM
I also have an iPhone 3GS and a G4 and they work great together.

I did notice that if I also have it paired to my garmin the G4 wants to use the garmin as the audio in...(callers jusy get a lot of wind noise but nothing else)

I have learned I don't really need the garmin yelling at me so I don't pair it to the G4 anymore. Works like a dream you might also make sure the audio sorce on you phone shows the Scala G4 as the active device.
-G

WaltH
07-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Now my problem has mysteriously disappeared.

I went to the AT&T store this morning to find another iPhone to test. The store manager, a young lady (Ms. AT&T) immediately understood what I was talking about and volunteered her personal iPhone for the test. We paired her phone with the G4 headset and placed a call to the land-line in her office (about 40' away). Her phone worked perfectly with the G4 headset. I could hear her, and she could hear me. Then we tried the same thing with my iPhone. It too, worked perfectly. I could hear her, and she could hear me. This seemed like a miracle.

Went I got out to the parking lot, I placed a call to a friend, just to make sure it was working. I did the same thing when I got home, and again three times later in the evening. I could not believe it was working. I probably will never know why it would not work in the countless times I tried to make it work. I also will never know why it just started to work again.

I am not complaining, just keeping my fingers crossed.