PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Eat!

Specialk209
07-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Would like to get together soon to possibly meet and eat at a central location to get a group together for future rides. If you are interested please post your interest. I am also on facebook as Specialk209. Looking forward to hearing from locals in or around Georgetown, Charleston, Ladson, Moncks Corner or surrounding areas. Thanks, Kay and Spike:chat:

Catniption
07-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Would like to get together soon to possibly meet and eat at a central location to get a group together for future rides. If you are interested please post your interest. I am also on facebook as Specialk209. Looking forward to hearing from locals in or around Georgetown, Charleston, Ladson, Moncks Corner or surrounding areas. Thanks, Kay and Spike:chat:
SpecialK209, you just made my day! I am getting ready to move to the area in a few weeks and sure would appreciate any information on good areas to live. I will be working in the Ladson area. I was planning on coming down next weekend to look around. You can find me on FB as catniption or email me. I would love to meet you.

SDM
07-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Charles (Tobor 9) and I can always eat!!! Hopefully not on a weekend - work either wed-sun nite or thurs-sun nite! ALso Welcome to Catniption!!!

Specialk209
07-18-2011, 12:28 AM
I saw your bike at maggie valley....loved it..My Name is Kay and Spike is my Hub. Nice to meet you.:welcome:

Pandy
07-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Saw your PM as well, we are planning a jaunt to Columbia on Saturday next if interested, where to meet for all? Golden Corral in Charleston is far from G'town and in the opposite direction. Huddle House in Moncks Corner? Kangaroo in Jamestown? (great hot dogs) Or where in Georgetown? Either way, Let's Go!

Patrick

SpyderDuck
07-18-2011, 10:09 AM
SpecialK209, you just made my day! I am getting ready to move to the area in a few weeks and sure would appreciate any information on good areas to live. I will be working in the Ladson area. I was planning on coming down next weekend to look around. You can find me on FB as catniption or email me. I would love to meet you.

Hi Specialk209! I'll probably come with 'Nip this Saturday... if at all possible, it would be cool to meet a few locals and get the scoop on the area. Gotta make sure my kid sister is taken care of, ya know!

Catniption
07-18-2011, 10:56 AM
WOW! Looks like I may have several new spyder fryends when I move! Name the place and time and we will try to make it. We will be spyderless since we'll have my car, but it would still be great to see you all!

Specialk209
07-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Patrick,Are ya'll going to Columbia this Saturday? I'm off tomorrow...Wednesday 7/20 give me a shout..843-833-4231 Catniption take my number down too.

Pandy
07-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Yes, this Saturday coming up. I'm at work now and I'll call as soon as I get home, say about 0900 EDT. Just talked to Chris at Velocity yesterday and he made noises about organizing a SC Spyder (club?) under BRP auspices. He had the disc from SDM from Maggie Valley and is fired up. Let's burn some gasoline shall we?

Patrick

SpyderDuck
07-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes, this Saturday coming up. I'm at work now and I'll call as soon as I get home, say about 0900 EDT. Just talked to Chris at Velocity yesterday and he made noises about organizing a SC Spyder (club?) under BRP auspices. He had the disc from SDM from Maggie Valley and is fired up. Let's burn some gasoline shall we?

Patrick

Patrick, is there any way that we could meet you (and anyone else who is interested) Saturday... perhaps after you return from Columbia? Catniption will be moving much sooner than anticipated (the first of the month!!!), and we'd really like your input on the area before she secures a place to live.

2Gunns
07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Kay, Hi.... the wife and I met you guys at Lamounts BBQ. We're just over the NC border in Laurinburg. I actually work in SC, so it's like I live here (lol)

Visit my sister down in Myrtle Beach quite often, would love to join you guys for a "meet n' eat". Keep me posted :2thumbs:

Specialk209
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Spike and I were just in calabash last weekend. Anywhere near?....I want a map on my profile !!!!!????Help> :helpsmilie:
what's the best way to contact you guys? Send names and email and contact number if you will.

@Patrick....what did chris say? was it good noise or bad noise about starting a group?
:yes:

Specialk209
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Spyderduck this is Patricks number. I spoke with hime this morning andhe said to give him a call...843-276-9209 about meeting Saturday.

2Gunns
07-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Spike and I were just in calabash last weekend. Anywhere near?....I want a map on my profile !!!!!????Help> :helpsmilie:
what's the best way to contact you guys? Send names and email and contact number if you will.

@Patrick....what did chris say? was it good noise or bad noise about starting a group?
:yes:

Love Calabash, every trip to the coast requires a stop at Calahan's.
We actually about 90 miles inland...little town of Laurinburg.
Johnny & Debbie: JMears@Imerys.com

SDM
07-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Hubby (Tobor 9) was at Velocity this afternoon. Said Chris is in the process of talking to BRP and IS getting a Spyder Group started. Said it would prob take a couple of months - working thru BRP to make it officially sanctioned. He said he would bulk e-mail us when it was up and running. BTW, when he left Velocity the temp on his ryde was 114 and when he got home it was 104!! :yikes: He said he was looking for some flames to drive thru to cool off!!! Don't you love Charleston (or any part of SC) in the summer!!! :D Also BTW enjoy the ryde tomorrow!!!

currin20fan
07-26-2011, 06:30 AM
I just ran across this information about SC. I have seen at least two other Spyder riders in Beaufort where I live and I'm interested in get togethers. I'm a new Spyder rider as of July 7th and bought the 2011 Limtied Edition RT from Chris in Ladson.:clap:

SDM
07-26-2011, 08:12 AM
:welcome: :congrats: I also bought my :spyder2: from Chris at Velocity. My hubby (Tobor 9) bought his from Paul.

Catniption
07-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. Between packing, broke modems and more packing, things have been a bit chaotic.

A big Thank you to Patrick for helping me find an apartment and for finding people to help unload my truck when I get there.

I should be all settled in my new diggs by Aug. 6 (although I may be burried in packing boxes). Hope to meet more of you soon. My cell is 336-772-1012 and I will be in Ladson.

SilverCruiser
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Specialk209;351165]Would like to get together soon to possibly meet and eat at a central location to get a group together for future rides. If you are interested please post your interest. I am also on facebook as Specialk209. Looking forward to hearing from locals in or around Georgetown, Charleston, Ladson, Moncks Corner or surrounding areas. Thanks, Kay and Spike:chat:[/QU

Would like to meet & eat talk about future group rides. SILVERCRUISER

SilverCruiser
08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Recently bought a Spyder! Having a great time so far. Ready to meet others for fun & friendship;) We live in Andrews & are anxious to meet others. Wink & Maria

SilverCruiser
08-03-2011, 10:35 AM

We are New owners of a Spyder Roadster. It would be great to get together sometime. Wink & Maria

Catniption
08-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Hello all SC Spyders! I finally got moved into my apartment in Summerville. The NC meet and greet went really well so I look forward to SC showing their spyders off. I have no idea where anything is so wherever is decided, please send directions!

SpyderDuck
08-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Hello all SC Spyders! I finally got moved into my apartment in Summerville. The NC meet and greet went really well so I look forward to SC showing their spyders off. I have no idea where anything is so wherever is decided, please send directions!

Hey Nip, looks like you need to change your location, and how 'bout sending a Duck a PM with your new email addy and such? :thumbup:

Mom&DadsFave
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I finally brought my RSS down to Lexington with me. So, I'm looking for a group West of Columbia. However, I am willing to ride to take a ride.

Catniption
08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey Nip, looks like you need to change your location, and how 'bout sending a Duck a PM with your new email addy and such? :thumbup: I know that smartyduck! I've tried 4 times and can't get that darn pencil to change into an actual edit mode. email is rhowell25@gmail.com

Specialk209
08-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Hello silvercruiser..nice to hear from Wink and Maria.!:D
:f_spider:I haven't been on this sight in awhile. Hope all are well. so when are we all getting together. Maybe we should meet at Velocity. the question is WHEN????? :chat: My email is Specialk209@hotmail.com 843-833-4231 Cell Let's Ride!

tobor9
08-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Velocity would be great,a monday or tuesday would be good for us (me & SDM)but close to home helps. maybe Chris can set something up?

SilverCruiser
08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Hello silvercruiser..nice to hear from Wink and Maria.!:D
:f_spider:I haven't been on this sight in awhile. Hope all are well. so when are we all getting together. Maybe we should meet at Velocity. the question is WHEN????? :chat: My email is Specialk209@hotmail.com 843-833-4231 Cell Let's Ride!

Velocity sounds good.We can meet most anytime. Email is bowen2bowen@aol.com 843-221-4119;) Wink & Maria

Catniption
08-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm in! i just found out velocity is only 6 miles from me. Which reminds me... I am going to have to get rid of my two brothers exhaust if anyone is interested in it. It seems to be causing trouble for my RS. I understand that if you adjust the valves and put on a juice box, it will be fine, but I really don't want to go through that. I'm putting my original back on until I find something else.

tobor9
09-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Any rides scheduled for the SC group? With enough notice the wife (SDM) would be avail. on a Sat. Just have to get someone to work for her that nite. Let us know.

Specialk209
09-28-2011, 08:40 PM
So much as been going on in my life...I had an injury so that put me on my back for awhile..then helped my son paint the whole inside of his house...now things are leveling off..bike week here in Myrtle Beach..gosh we need to take advantage of meeting...Kay and Spike

Ga Blue Knight
09-29-2011, 05:54 AM
The Georgia Spyder Riders are going to have an informal get together in Augusta and would like to extend an invitation to our neighbors in South Carolina. Below are the details! Please feel free to join us there's plenty of room!

On October 22 we will meet for lunch (11:00 am) in Augusta at the Carolina Ale House located off of the Walton Way exit on I-20 East. The address is 203 Robert C. Daniels jr Parkway, Augusta and the phone is# 706 333-0019. No reservations needed and there is motorcycle parking right up against the outdoor seating area. When you get off on the exit turn right and the resturant is in the parking lot to your right.

A good route for you folks out west to get here (if you did not want to drone on I-20) would be to follow Rt 78 through Athens and the smaller towns until Rt 78 crosses I-20 in Thomson Ga. Then get on I-20 East for the last 25 miles or so.

After lunch we can do a short tour of downtown Augusta and the Old Confederate Powder Works and the Savannah River Canal winding up at the Can Am Dealer on Washington Road which just replaced most of their staff and wants to meet and greet us Spyder lovers. They said that they will do something special but I am not sure what.

PM me if you have any special needs or requests or just need to say hi.
Joe Cohen (Oldandgrouchy)

SDM
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I will prob be able to get someone to work for me that nite - if I can, then the hubby (Tobor 9) and I will be there. Thanks to GA for the invite!:clap:

Specialk209
03-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Hello SyderRyders...is anyone going to daytona March 17th? Spike and I are going, we are leaving Friday 3/16 and coming back
sunday 3/18. :yes::ohyea:

Wink and Maria do you know about this?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Bikeweek-Event (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Bikeweek-Event)

SilverCruiser
03-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Didn't know about this. I need more time to arrange work. Maybe next year. Have a great time:thumbup:

SilverCruiser
07-23-2012, 03:33 PM
We are leaving for Lamont's on 9/6 & coming back 9/9. If anyone is going from this area and wants company, let us know:thumbup:
Wink & Maria

Specialk209
07-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Lets talk soon ...did you make reservations?

SilverCruiser
07-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Already made reservations;) Call me. 325-6277.

Maria

oldbaldguy
07-27-2012, 01:22 PM
I live in the upstate, in Spartanburg. Always up for a ride. Would love to meet Spyder Ryder's in SC. I know Schultzi in Greer, but no other SC Ryder's. Didn't meet any at Spyderfest

tobor9
07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Sofia and I are leaving monday for LaMonsters BBQ,we have a cabin in Newland,NC for the week. anytime you'll are in the Lowcountry area, give us a call or email and let's ryde!!

mikes351
08-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Is this an active group? We are in Seneca SC.

tobor9
08-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Is this an active group? We are in Seneca SC.

Well I'm here, from Charleston,SC