PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the frunk?

dshogman
07-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Another noobie question - Spent some time yesterday going over my new Spyder. I'll be getting the Helibars later this week and I've read that there are no tank bags that will fit. So I'm looking down into the frunk and wondering how to use it other than as a deep hole with stuff at the bottom. Anyone found a good way to store things there and easily find what you're looking for? Like a tire guage or the spare gloves or the little container for ear plugs - stuff like that. I do have saddlebags and I think they might be more usable for the small stuff and put the raingear, tire fix stuff, first aid kit - larger stuff - at the bottom of the frunk. Would appreciate any and all ideas.
Thanks.

RoadHammer
07-17-2011, 09:07 AM
BRP has a trunk liner available with i think a few pockets on the side or front/rear im not sure on the configuration..

arntufun
07-17-2011, 09:14 AM
BRP has a trunk liner available with i think a few pockets on the side or front/rear im not sure on the configuration..

:agree: The frunk liner works great and it gives the Spyders frunk a nice finished look. Someone else has a product out there that attaches to the underside lid of the frunk with pockets. That looks like that could be handy as well.

spydee owner
07-17-2011, 09:21 AM
The BRP tank bags work just fine.

dshogman
07-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Forgot to mention that I do have the frunk liner. I like the idea of something attached to the underside of the hood itself. Anyone know the source for that??

mainah
07-17-2011, 09:43 AM
I saw on someone post they made a shelf for the Frunk. It had cutouts for cups and I'm sure other items as needed. Then just lift out the shelf and have the space below for more goodies!:ohyea:

arntufun
07-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Forgot to mention that I do have the frunk liner. I like the idea of something attached to the underside of the hood itself. Anyone know the source for that??

Here ya go. The link is below. It looks like it's a good product but maybe someone will chime in that has one and tell us for sure. :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Can-Am-Spyder-Accessories-Storage-Organizer-Range-Tout-/130424479765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1e5de7a015

dshogman
07-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Lousy picture though and fairly pricey. Screwed in place, not glued. They say they've sold 11 so hopefully someone on this forum will have something to say about it. Saw a velcro arrangement on Spydertalk that might be less expensive and do the same thing.

arntufun
07-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Lousy picture though and fairly pricey. Screwed in place, not glued. They say they've sold 11 so hopefully someone on this forum will have something to say about it. Saw a velcro arrangement on Spydertalk that might be less expensive and do the same thing.

:agree: on the lousy picture. Even the hood of the Spyder in the pic looks like primer gray. :roflblack: Yes the price is a little high but what isn't with the Spyder ?

It wouldn't bother me about the screws though but you would have to make sure the screw head points to the outside so not to rip the Frunk gasket. I'm sure someone has made that mistake before.

I would like to see the other product you mentioned to compare. Can you post the link to that ???

billybovine
07-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I got a Nelson Rigg tank bag specificaly designed for GS/RS and it came with an extra strap to mount on a 2011 model that I did not need.

I like it.

dshogman
07-17-2011, 10:31 AM
http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/topic/8466-share-pictures-of-your-trunktrunk-lid-liningmods

here are several different ideas.

dshogman
07-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Glove box? You must be writing about the RT. Right?

NancysToy
07-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Glove box? You must be writing about the RT. Right?
:opps: Oops!

dshogman
07-17-2011, 02:41 PM
I did find this morning that the liner material works with male velcro tape very well. Do not like the way the owner's manual fits into the zippered area of the liner. SO it's at the bottom of the frunk.

CJ/johnnyg
07-17-2011, 09:23 PM
I remember someone at maggie valley having one that was made out of some kind of netting. It was real nice. She got it on line somewhere but she couldn't remember exactly where at the time. Maybe she will see this post and let us know. I know I would love to get one. Sorry I can't remember who it was or I would of contacted her already. I seen so many great Ideas there just don't remember from who. CRS I guess.:roflblack::roflblack:

WackyDan
07-18-2011, 12:46 AM
The BRP tank bags work just fine.

Not with the helibar riser block.

wyliec
07-18-2011, 07:51 AM
There are a few of us with handlebar bags. It's easy to get to for your small stuff; wallet, cell phone, ear plugs, garage door opener, etc. I have a GS/RS; don't know if a handle bar bag works on the RT.