PDA

View Full Version : Speed Bump Question

KyleKruko44
07-16-2011, 11:05 AM
We are taking a trip camping and I have a concern. Where theres campgrounds there are speed bumps. Im sure someone on here has attempted to cross one. Seems like the front would skid before the wheels hit the speed bump or the skid plate would rub after the front wheels cleared. Anyone have an answer? thanks

acinpcola
07-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I think what you describe is depent on the style of speed bump. I cross over speed bumps in certain neighborhoods and have no problems with them, course you do have to bring your speed down to cross them.

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

BajaRon
07-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Speed bumps are usually only a problem if you go fast enough to compress the suspension when you drop over. I'd say speed may be your biggest problem with these bumps.

Bob Denman
07-16-2011, 12:23 PM
...and that's why they are called "Speed Bumps". :D

boborgera
07-16-2011, 12:34 PM
...and that's why they are called "Speed Bumps". :D

:agree:BUT!!
They should be called what there intended for '' Lower your speed bumps''.
If i was King of the D.O.T., I'll have one at every stop sign.nojoke

thehawk
07-16-2011, 12:45 PM
... a LEO!

thehawk

Chitown Newbie
07-16-2011, 12:47 PM
I just recently came back from Wisconsin Dells campground and didn't have any problems with speed bumps...however, be careful with gravel....go very slow through it!

Bob Denman
07-16-2011, 01:28 PM
... a LEO!
I think that the speedbumps work cheaper... no donuts! :roflblack::ohyea:

kmakona
07-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Speed bumps must comply to "Code". If your machine bottoms out the speed bumps is not to code. Parks private or public are liable. I dealt with a shopping lot who had non conforming bumps. They fixed the car.

Bob Denman
07-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Good point! If they're too high to crawl over, then somebody wasn't doing their job correctly... :thumbup:

Mr. White
07-17-2011, 08:21 AM
When I have the room, I cross them at an angle....slowly. It seems to work for me.

Bob Denman
07-17-2011, 09:03 AM
I also try to hit with one tire just a wee bit in front of the other... I don't know why, but that's how I do it. :D

arntufun
07-17-2011, 09:09 AM
I set my shocks all the way up and hit the gas hard. If I catch some air than I know I went fast enough !!! :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Were you a crash test dummy in another life??? :joke: :D

arntufun
07-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Were you a crash test dummy in another life??? :joke: :D

Is that why my parents always used to say I was a headache ??? :roflblack::roflblack:

Firefly
07-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Hammer it and catch some air---:D

I broke another skid plate on my nor'east trip while riding the Hurricane mountain road. Can't tell you how many times I caught serious air (all 3 wheels) on this road --- video coming soon--- :D

If you don't care about possible paint chips, the Spyder can be tons of fun on gravel ----- you can do a small fishtale by hammering the gas, breaking the rear end loose and turning the bars--- and the nanny will straighten you right out--- pretty cool.:D

arntufun
07-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Hammer it and catch some air---:D

I broke another skid plate on my nor'east trip while riding the Hurricane mountain road. Can't tell you how many times I caught serious air (all 3 wheels) on this road --- video coming soon--- :D

If you don't care about possible paint chips, the Spyder can be tons of fun on gravel ----- you can do a small fishtale by hammering the gas, breaking the rear end loose and turning the bars--- and the nanny will straighten you right out--- pretty cool.:D

A man after my own heart. :thumbup: Even though you went to a Red Sucks game at Fenway. :roflblack::roflblack:

Firefly
07-17-2011, 11:09 AM
A man after my own heart. :thumbup: Even though you went to a Red Sucks game at Fenway. :roflblack::roflblack:

Hey-- they did LOSE that game you know.... :D

Bob Denman
07-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Gee... I was in Cooperstown last weekend and saw a GREAT Tee-shirt...
There was no jinx... The Red Sox just Sucked for 86 years!

arntufun
07-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Gee... I was in Cooperstown last weekend and saw a GREAT Tee-shirt...
There was no jinx... The Red Sox just Sucked for 86 years!

Bob my wife and I were there two weeks ago on our Spyder. I saw that shirt also. We live a little over an hour from there, but we did not go to the hall of fame we went to the Cooperstown Omeegang Brewery for the tour. Boy that stuff they make tastes awesome. One of their beers is 9.7%. I highly recommend there product. I filled the frunk up with different varietys to bring home.

Bob Denman
07-18-2011, 07:02 AM
We stopped at a little place on the way home... "Bear Pond Winery" and loaded up as well...
(They've got a horseradish and pepperoni cheese that's worth the trip alone!):thumbup: