PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Ride-On?

Wheelgunner
07-13-2011, 12:36 AM
I ran across this product and I wondered if any SpyderRyders had used it and if the results were good, bad, or ugly?

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

draboo
07-13-2011, 12:50 AM
I used it in my first Spyder. The only "problem" with it is you really never know if it works or not! :shocked:

dave711
07-13-2011, 04:39 AM
been using it for 10000 miles and wouldn't run without it... ask lamont:2thumbs:

Hokiev
07-13-2011, 05:43 AM
Make sure you get the AUTO version. Even though the Ride-On web site indicates it is NOT for motorcycles. Because the Spyder has what they consider a square tire vs. rounded tire on a regular 2 wheeler. Spoke with Ride-On customer service to confirm.

As Lamonster indicates in a earlier post, you need 3 bottles of the 16 oz. 13 oz. in each front and 18 oz. in the rear.

Mine came in yesterday and will be installing this weekend.

wyliec
07-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Did you know they are a supporting vendor of spyderlovers.com and you can get a 10% discount with the magic word (lamonster)?

BajaRon
07-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Good stuff, highly recommended.

Bob Denman
07-13-2011, 07:03 AM
I may have to try some of it... I managed to hit a pocupine on Sunday. :shocked: (Thought that I gapped him between the right front and rear whel, but still caught the rear sidewall with about a dozen quills... :gaah:

pjp623
07-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Good stuff, highly recommended.
:agree:

Trickie Dick
07-13-2011, 07:45 AM
I thought everyone used Ride-On:firstplace:

Bob Denman
07-13-2011, 07:46 AM
We usually give it a try after finding out that a tire isn't holding air very well anymore... :opps:
Why close the barn door before the cows get out??

flamingobabe
07-13-2011, 08:08 AM
I've had Ride-on in my Spyder tires for about a year...never know it there...great stuff

Papa
07-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Quick question. I'm picking up my RT 622 next week. How much do I need fir the trailer tires? Already installed on the RT tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSG Bean
07-13-2011, 08:33 AM
What's the mess like when you change a tire filled with ride-on? I'm considering using it too, but don't want to make my tire guys too mad. :dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
07-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Quick question. I'm picking up my RT 622 next week. How much do I need fir the trailer tires? Already installed on the RT tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put it in my trailer but I don't remember how much. The Ride-on website had the trailer tire size listed so you can find out for sure there. I do know that one bottle will do both with some leftover.

Bootie
07-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Make sure you get the AUTO version. Even though the Ride-On web site indicates it is NOT for motorcycles. Because the Spyder has what they consider a square tire vs. rounded tire on a regular 2 wheeler. Spoke with Ride-On customer service to confirm.

As Lamonster indicates in a earlier post, you need 3 bottles of the 16 oz. 13 oz. in each front and 18 oz. in the rear.

Mine came in yesterday and will be installing this weekend.
Ride-On is GREAT stuff. I wouldn't ride without it.
At the beginning of this season I had my rear tire changed (15,000mi) but the fronts were OK. I got some Ride-On to re-fill my rear tire and I absentmindedly got some for the front tires too:(. Then I promptly filled the front tires as well as the rear. Now the front tires had twice as much Ride-On as recommended:dontknow:. I saw no difference in performance:dontknow:.
Therefore, when I finally got around to replacing the front tires (25,000mi) I was not concerned about putting exactly 13oz in. I went ahead and squeezed the entire 16oz in each tire. Seems to work fine.
Has anyone come up with an easy way to squeeze the stuff out of the
bottle?:chat: Some people use a compressor with a needle (I have heard of one case where the whole thing blew up due to overpressure:gaah:).

dilyles
07-13-2011, 09:32 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19153

Lamonster's post.

SpyderAnn01
07-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Ride-On is GREAT stuff. I wouldn't ride without it.
At the beginning of this season I had my rear tire changed (15,000mi) but the fronts were OK. I got some Ride-On to re-fill my rear tire and I absentmindedly got some for the front tires too:(. Then I promptly filled the front tires as well as the rear. Now the front tires had twice as much Ride-On as recommended:dontknow:. I saw no difference in performance:dontknow:.
Therefore, when I finally got around to replacing the front tires (25,000mi) I was not concerned about putting exactly 13oz in. I went ahead and squeezed the entire 16oz in each tire. Seems to work fine.
Has anyone come up with an easy way to squeeze the stuff out of the
bottle?:chat: Some people use a compressor with a needle (I have heard of one case where the whole thing blew up due to overpressure:gaah:).

I found that if you try to apply a constant squeeze it doesn't work very well but if you do a squeeze and release it seems to flow better.

stevedfive
07-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I use it in the RT and in 622 tires.

dltang
07-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Ride On is great stuff. They are one of our supporting Vendors and can be found on the home page. I use it in all my tires and will even be ordering the bicycle formula for my bike. It balances as well as protects. Many SpyderLovers have many happy miles using Ride On.

Campverdefela
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I may have to try some of it... I managed to hit a pocupine on Sunday. :shocked: (Thought that I gapped him between the right front and rear whel, but still caught the rear sidewall with about a dozen quills... :gaah:
Doesn't work on the sidewalls of the tire according to the manufacture.

Papa
07-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I put it in my trailer but I don't remember how much. The Ride-on website had the trailer tire size listed so you can find out for sure there. I do know that one bottle will do both with some leftover.

Thanks very much . . .

BajaRon
07-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Doesn't work on the sidewalls of the tire according to the manufacture.

Sidewall damage is usually fatal to a tire, especially a radial. Good chance that Porcupine did you in there.

Bob Denman
07-13-2011, 01:48 PM
:shocked: :gaah: I actually kind of had this figured, but was hoping against hope... :pray:

Basically they were right at the edge of the tread and up onto the sidewall about a half-inch...
Another reason to shoot the dang things on sight! :cus:

Bob Denman
07-13-2011, 02:14 PM
:clap: Although I prefer either the pig or bird from another thread... :D

Noral
07-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I have found that if you warm it up a little it comes out better. I put it in the micro wave a short time with the cap off works pretty slick. If you forget to take out, the micro wont have any flats.But your head might get one if the miss finds about.:yikes:

SpydeRider2010
07-13-2011, 09:29 PM
will it work with nitrogen, instead of regular air...?