PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the Mitt

poorboy1942
07-12-2011, 07:11 PM
A little ride the wife and I took today. We started in Atlanta, MI, then went to Alpena, MI. From there we made our way up the coast of Lake Huron to Cheboygan. A stop for gas then we cut accross the state to Cross Village. We rode the tunnell of trees along the coast of Lake Michigan. We stopped in Harbour Springs for a Polish dinner then went to a local glass blower. It always amazes me how they can take a piece of hot sand and mould it into a work of art. If you are ever in Harbour Springs this is a must see.

http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=33034e1cdf480d1e3

Enjoy,

Bob

dancogan
07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Great route! There's so much to see up that way, along all of the lake shores. Will have to check out the glass blowing in Harbour Springs. I have never heard about that before.

poorboy1942
07-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Dan, the shop in Harbour Springs is right in town across the stree from the post office on M-119. There is another glass blowere in East Jordan. A nice stop also. this is the home of east jordan iron works. check your fire hydrant it was proably born in east jordan. Bring your camera.
This is about the third time this week I have ridden the tunnel of trees. I seem to always end up on the west side of the state, not sure why. I do love to ride the waters edge in Harbour Springs. It shocks me back to reality, just knowing I could not afford the taxes on some of the water front homes.

Bob

acinpcola
07-13-2011, 04:44 PM
You just had to say Polish Dinner didn't you. :gaah: It's been a long time:( since I had a good Polish Dinner other then what I learned to make from my parents..and of course we all know that Good Potato Vodka is made in Poland :ohyea::shocked::yes::yes:

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

dancogan
07-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Dan, the shop in Harbour Springs is right in town across the stree from the post office on M-119. There is another glass blowere in East Jordan. A nice stop also. this is the home of east jordan iron works. check your fire hydrant it was proably born in east jordan. Bring your camera.
This is about the third time this week I have ridden the tunnel of trees. I seem to always end up on the west side of the state, not sure why. I do love to ride the waters edge in Harbour Springs. It shocks me back to reality, just knowing I could not afford the taxes on some of the water front homes.

Bob

East Jordan is a neat little town. We stopped in about 5 years ago to visit some friends and former neighbors who is now the city manager.

I know what you mean about riding along the waterfront in Harbour Springs, too. I couldn't afford the taxes on those home either. But it's nice to look ... and doesn't cost anything.