PDA

View Full Version : Plug in your Gerbings jacket?

dshogman
07-12-2011, 10:19 AM
After all the response to my helmet lock question (thank you), this is my next noobie question: how do you plug in your Gerbing heated jacket/liners? At the dealers the other day (they're still getting the accesories I ordered) they told me the 12 volt outlet is in the trunk. So is there a place to put one where you could plug in the Gerbings?
Thanks.

Dochands
07-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I had an auxilary power port installed under the seat. Not sure exactly where they pulled it from.

old Timer
07-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Its very simple, all you do is to connect a fused link directly to the battery. that is the first thing I do to all of my new BMW's, makes for a perfect place to connect your heated gear and to connect your Battery Tender Jr when not riding.

boborgera
07-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Its very simple, all you do is to connect a fused link directly to the battery. that is the first thing I do to all of my new BMW's, makes for a perfect place to connect your heated gear and to connect your Battery Tender Jr when not riding.

:agree: Simple hookup, and it always works when you need it.:thumbup:

NancysToy
07-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Two ways, either wire the included Gerbing pigtail directly to the battery, or install Powerlet outlets in an accessible place on your Spyder, like the dash panel. Powerlet sells an adapter cord to the heated gear coax.

Yazz
07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Two ways, either wire the included Gerbing pigtail directly to the battery, or install Powerlet outlets in an accessible place on your Spyder, like the dash panel. Powerlet sells an adapter cord to the heated gear coax.

:agree: Dash panel is where my outlet is. Tried the under the seat thing and the wire got crushed.

NancysToy
07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
:agree: Dash panel is where my outlet is. Tried the under the seat thing and the wire got crushed.
I ran Nancy's from the front mounted fuseblock to the steering opening under the console. There was a bracket on the 2008 GS there that I could tie-wrap the pigtail to. When not in use she just tucks it under the dash.

Yazz
07-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh man, now you tell me...

Did the caveman thing and got a powerlet to go from the pigtail of my battery tender, under the seat and into my tank bag to power the Droid for navigation. Lets just say that Droid started lying to me and then went dead.

Was lost in the twisties of Arkansas for a day. :helpsmilie:

NancysToy
07-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Oh man, now you tell me...

Did the caveman thing and got a powerlet to go from the pigtail of my battery tender, under the seat and into my tank bag to power the Droid for navigation. Lets just say that Droid started lying to me and then went dead.

Was lost in the twisties of Arkansas for a day. :helpsmilie:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Glad you finally found your way home!