PDA

View Full Version : 2011 RT-622 Trailer

Nikon
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
When I ordered my 2011 Spyder RT SE5 in April I also ordered the RT-622 matching trailer. After about a 6 week wait my trailer arrived. When I hooked it up to the Spyder I did a light check to insure that the electrical on the trailer worked properly. When I tried the blinkers and brake lights they worked fine; when I tried the backup lights, they did not operate. When I checked the trailer for a problem I saw that there were no bulbs or sockets where backup lights would normally go. There were just aluminum like covers that could be clearly seen through the clear plastic lens per the attached photos.

I reported the problem to the dealer and they initially agreed there was a problem and forwarded my photos to BRP. At the time, according to the dealership BRP agreed there was a problem. When the dealer came to pickup the trailer and the bike (there was belt problem...screeching sound), they told me that BRP said the lights were correct and that the 2011 trailer lights were redesigned to match those of the 2011 RT. This was a change fm the 2010 trailer they said. This strikes me as a bit odd, and I could be wrong, but why would they create a new light design w/ clear lenses and install an aluminum plug instead of 4 sockets and 4 lights?

Does this make sense or do I need to speak to the dealer?

thx...

Y Rider
07-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I have a matching RT-622 trailer that I got with my RT Limited back in April and it also doesn't have backup lights. It's not that big a deal for me so I didn't complain about it. Had too many other things to complain about at the time.

Marker
07-11-2011, 08:02 PM
There are other posts on the 622 trailer. The 2010 trailer had separate turn signals for 2011 the turn signals were changed but I think both years of trailers never had back up lights.

Nikon
07-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I purchased the 2011 Spyder RT Limited ...and purchased it in April as well along w/ the trailer. The Spyder has been in the shop 5 going on 6 weeks. I am disappointed w/ BRP and have little time w/ the machine. ONLY 1002 miles since APRIL. Did your trailer come w/ smoke or chrome finish aluminum wheels? As far as the trailer lights are concerned, it would have been good to get a straight answer. It is hard to tell truth fm fiction.

THX...

Y Rider
07-11-2011, 08:09 PM
I purchased the 2011 Spyder RT Limited ...and purchased it in April as well along w/ the trailer. The Spyder has been in the shop 5 going on 6 weeks. I am disappointed w/ BRP and have little time w/ the machine. ONLY 1002 miles since APRIL. Did your trailer come w/ smoke or chrome finish aluminum wheels? As far as the trailer lights are concerned, it would have been good to get a straight answer. It is hard to tell truth fm fiction.

THX...

My trailer wheels match the RT Limited front wheels. One other small complaint is that the trailer paint is "whiter" than the Spyder. Not a good match. For that price I would have expected better.

retiredsquid
07-11-2011, 08:16 PM
My trailer wheels match the RT Limited front wheels. One other small complaint is that the trailer paint is "whiter" than the Spyder. Not a good match. For that price I would have expected better.

At least you guys got a 2011 trailer. They painted one white for me, added the water thing in the trailer and assure me after waiting 24 days after paying it was in-fact a 2011. I find out at the DMV I got a 2010. Plus, other problems with the trailer and nobody at the dealership with enough cajones to even discuss the bait and switch.

Canlogic
07-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Don't have a BRP trailer but do have 4 other trailers and non have backup lights.

SpyderAnn01
07-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Here is another post about this same subject and I believe that Nancy'sToys explains why the lighting is different

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29978&highlight=trailer