PDA

View Full Version : Lake Superior senic ride

ijon1
07-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Kay and I just got back from a beauiful ride. We started in the Sault and rode the Lake Superior senic route. Stayed two days in Copper Harbor. We rode with my son and daughter-in-law. He rides a Ducati. We went into Canada and to WaWa. People in Canada even come up to us and ask questions about the Spyder.:ohyea: From WaWa we went to Duberville, then back to the Sault. My son has a small house in the Sault that my grandson lives in while he goes to college. Did I mention that my son is a riding fool. Like the engerizer bunny. He never stops, but we kept up. While being comfortable. Our 2011 RT preformed great. I can't believe how it handled going down the mountains/hills. You didn't have to brake, just let off the throttle. Total trip eighteen hundred miles. Really invigorating, a boost to the spirit.

docdoru
07-10-2011, 07:33 AM
:2thumbs::doorag:

spydrluvr
07-10-2011, 07:44 AM
:2thumbs: sounds like great fun! sometimes i just don't reallize all that my state has to offer. glad the spyder handled well for you:ohyea::ohyea:gonna be up that way in august:yes::yes: thanks for sharing:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
07-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a great trip. I guess you can call yourself a riding fool too since you kept up with the son in law.

CJ/johnnyg
07-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Do you have any pics to share. Sounds like it was a nice ride. CJ

spyderspyke
07-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Do you need a passport to get into canada nowdays?We are thinking about going to the Sault the end of the month and maybe riding into Canada but dont know if we need a passport or not.

Chick
07-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I am really looking forward to doing that trip soon. Thanks for sharing!:2excited:

dltang
07-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Do you need a passport to get into canada nowdays?We are thinking about going to the Sault the end of the month and maybe riding into Canada but dont know if we need a passport or not.

Passport or the Enhanced drivers license is now needed to enter canada. The driver's license is faster to get but for the cost and how long they are good for, I would go for the passport. Of course, you probably can't get a passport before the end of the month without expediting it and that cost extra. Have a great trip, what ever you do.

NancysToy
07-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Be sure and also contact your insurance agent, to get an international insurance certificate, and your health insurer, to check on coverage.

dancogan
07-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Be sure and also contact your insurance agent, to get an international insurance certificate, and your health insurer, to check on coverage.

Our motorcycle insurance agent said we should definitely have the international insurance certificate. However on this trip when we entered Canada twice, we were never asked for insurance or for registration. None of the other times I have entered Canada, either, but it might prove invaluable if you have an accident while in Canada.

ijon1
07-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Do you need a passport to get into canada nowdays?We are thinking about going to the Sault the end of the month and maybe riding into Canada but dont know if we need a passport or not. We have a enhanced Michigan license. We took out birth certificate to the Sec.of State office. Took two plus weeks to get it back.

NancysToy
07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Our motorcycle insurance agent said we should definitely have the international insurance certificate. However on this trip when we entered Canada twice, we were never asked for insurance or for registration. None of the other times I have entered Canada, either, but it might prove invaluable if you have an accident while in Canada.
Yes, it is "just in case". If you do not have one, you may not be covered in case of an accident outside our borders.

jedd
07-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Great ryde :congrats::2thumbs: