PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Florida July 17-22

SteveMac
07-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Loading up the wife, son, and two of his college buddies and heading for Destin on July 17. We are going to trailer the RT down with us. Looking for a total 3-4 hour ryde along the gulf coast each day. Nothing firm planned yet but my thought is that we would go southeast a couple of days. Maybe down to StJoe bay area? then west a couple of days maybe to Pensicola or Mobile? Just rYding with no particular destination!

Local advice is MUCH appreciated as well as some suggestions for lunch/brunch on the rydes. We plan on heading out mid mornings, eat somewhere then head back to the beach for the rest of the day. Very leisurely. Although it is looking like some interesting weather forecasts! The FroggToggs may get a workout!

If anyone wants to meet/greet just shout out. We love meeting fellow Spyder RYders.

tofriendscreek
07-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey Steve,

What? Trailering? Go to Cowtown and buy the guys their own :spyder2: and make it a real adventure. It's only money. And a sound investment in their futures. Think how impressed they would be. :roflblack:

Seriously, You, Connie and the youngin's have fun, travel safe and rack up those :spyder2: miles! :2thumbs:

SteveMac
07-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Hey Steve,

What? Trailering? Go to Cowtown and buy the guys their own :spyder2: and make it a real adventure. It's only money. And a sound investment in their futures. Think how impressed they would be. :roflblack:

Seriously, You, Connie and the youngin's have fun, travel safe and rack up those :spyder2: miles! :2thumbs:

Will do bro. Thanks!!

Wish I could buy them all one. Been a great purchase for me. Having great tYmes and making great friends!

bjt
07-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Loading up the wife, son, and two of his college buddies and heading for Destin on July 17...

My parents spend the winter in Destin and they really like the area. Last Christmas I got them a few Restaurant.com certificates for Cafe Thirty-A and Old Florida Fishhouse and they really liked both places.

SpyderWolf
07-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Sounds like great plans for a vacation to me. I hope you have a great time, and ryde safely while there.

SteveMac
07-08-2011, 06:17 PM
My parents spend the winter in Destin and they really like the area. Last Christmas I got them a few Restaurant.com certificates for Cafe Thirty-A and Old Florida Fishhouse and they really liked both places.

We go to Destin every year. Stay on Okaloosa island. HellenBacks pizza is always on the list! But I am not familiar with the Panama City, St Joe Bay, or Mobile areas. Should be an adventure! I like finding those places that the locals like but they aren't always where the tourists like me go!!

SteveMac
07-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Sounds like great plans for a vacation to me. I hope you have a great time, and ryde safely while there.

We shall. I promise!!

GloryRyders
07-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Sounds like fun except for the weather forecast:gaah:............ryde safe and have a good time:2thumbs:. You can tell us about your adventure on the next store ride in August:popcorn:.

SteveMac
07-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Sounds like fun except for the weather forecast:gaah:............ryde safe and have a good time:2thumbs:. You can tell us about your adventure on the next store ride in August:popcorn:.

Will do Jim. I think it will be fun to ryde along the ocean/gulf. I may only get a day or two in, but we are going to try. All I lose is some gas mileage pulling the trailer if it doesnt work out!!

See you and Linda in August!

SteveMac
07-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Geez-o-Pete!!!
The weather forecast is killing me. Maybe that 40-60% chance is just for one of those short lived Florida showers…? Heat doesn't worry me. I like the heat, so I'd love a little sunshine while there!

FANG
07-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Steve that is just the weather along the Gulf Coast -- try the National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola - the price is right admission is free.
Pensacola Beach has Fort Pickens - Geronimo was once a prisoner there.

Some great beaches here just figure if it there is a 30% chance of rain or less - you probably will not need the rain gear in the morning but it becomes hit or miss in the afternoons.

SteveMac
07-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks Fang!

I'll check those out. If you are available for a meet and greet, just let me know and we may be able to grab lunch somewhere. You can steer us in the right direction! Just PM me with info if you are available.

I was planning on running 98 to Pensacola one of the days anyway.

Thanks again!

Steve that is just the weather along the Gulf Coast -- try the National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola - the price is right admission is free.
Pensacola Beach has Fort Pickens - Geronimo was once a prisoner there.

Some great beaches here just figure if it there is a 30% chance of rain or less - you probably will not need the rain gear in the morning but it becomes hit or miss in the afternoons.