PDA

View Full Version : July 4th

Dragonrider
07-05-2011, 08:14 AM
A truly great day for a ride! Finished my 10 mile recumbent regimen, then loaded my bride for a quick ride to the Hill Top Cafe for breakfast - back on the road by 0830. Took the Butteville road to Newberg, then the back roads to Laural & Gaston - around Hagg Lake, then home. The weather was a perfect mid 70's, and the roads were empty. As you might expect, Hagg Lake was packed, and people were pouring in - still, the road around the lake is one of our best local motorcycle roads.

Home in time for lunch, & the rest of the busy day...

Spyder Cat
07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
That certainly is a beautiful area and I can just imagine the coolness of the morning temps you were riding in.
Thanks for sharing . . . . good stuff! Post pics if you have any.

We took a ride to the coast on Sunday late afternoon; it was 91 when we left town and 60 at the coast.
We chilled down to the bone and it felt really good! :2thumbs:

Spyder Couple
07-05-2011, 10:26 AM
We live aboutr 3-4 mile from Hagg Lake and it is always an awesome rider around the lake. Darrell took my daughter and I there a few time when we were learning to ride. It is so beautiful and peaceful in the mornings.

Thank you for sharing Bill.;)

Dragonrider
07-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Didn't get any pics, just enjoyed the ride. Would have been a perfect ride for a video tho….

Dawn is my favorite time to ride - the smells, air, and lack of congestion are too appealing to miss..

Spyder Couple
07-09-2011, 11:59 AM
WE usually go early morning before 11am. They have changed Darrell work hours again so we haven't been able to go the last few morning.