PDA

View Full Version : Surgery and puppy mills.

COOLMACHINE
07-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Well my dog had oral surgery today. Had to have 8 teeth pulled. She is only 6.5 years old, but is a puppy mill rescue dog. Poor nutrition when they are pups have very negative effects.
I'd like to get a hold of the person who ran that puppy mill. Makes me so :cus: mad!!! nojoke
Back to the surgery.... everything went OK but I know she is in pain. Sad to see. :(

SpyderAnn01
07-01-2011, 11:27 PM
I hope she feels better soon.

spyder3
07-02-2011, 07:36 AM
thanks for rescuing her cool. Puppy mills should be banned and the :cus: people running then should be hung up by the :cus:.

john

IWN2RYD
07-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Sorry to hear of the pain she is going through...

I am not allowed to say how I feel of these mills as it is not polite to say it the way I want to express it. They fall in the same category as those that harm Children in an unhealthy manner. I think you get the point from that...

spyder3
07-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear of the pain she is going through...

I am not allowed to say how I feel of these mills as it is not polite to say it the way I want to express it. They fall in the same category as those that harm Children in an unhealthy manner. I think you get the point from that...

Aw, go ahead INW, they deserve a few...:cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus ::cus::cus::cus:

CyncySpyder
07-02-2011, 11:59 AM
It's hard to deal with, but the alternative of letting it go would be even harder:(

Thank you for rescuing her & giving her the care & a life better than she was destined for:bowdown: No doubt, the ppl running the mills should be caged & neglected just as they were:lecturef_smilie:

Teddy & I will pray for your strength to cope with this & that she will feel better soon:bowdown: it's all worth it in the long run:clap:

Bob Denman
07-02-2011, 12:32 PM
We'll say a prayer here too! :pray:

ARtraveler
07-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks for rescuing the pet and taking care of the medical issues. I too have a soft spot for rescues. I have taken in five over the last twenty five years. I currently have two rescued cats who have been with me for 3 and 7 years now.

COOLMACHINE
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks everybody. I never thought twice about adopting her. Seemed like the right thing to do and she has been a truly wonderful dog. A blessing to me.
You know, it took her a full year before she ever barked for me and
1.5 years before she wagged her tail. She wags it for me every day now. Makes me happy.

spyder3
07-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks everybody. I never thought twice about adopting her. Seemed like the right thing to do and she has been a truly wonderful dog. A blessing to me.
1.5 years before she wagged her tail. She wags it for me every day now. Makes me happy.

she probably came from :cus:, you had to earn her trust. Very gratifying.

Spyder Cat
07-04-2011, 01:30 PM

Bless you!! That's awesome. :firstplace: Sounds like it's a win-win situation.
My little buddy (Bad Leroy Brown) and his sister (Ruby Tuesday) are both puppymill rescues.
The puppymill was in Wisconsin and had a breeding stock of 1800 dogs... and that's not counting the mass-produced puppies.
Let your mind embrace the picture..... cages stacked 3 and 4 high; puppies wallowing in excrement;
drinking water being sprayed at them with a garden hose . . . and on and on.
My blood absolutely boils :gaah: when I think about what these puppymills put these precious little pups through.
:gaah: :cus: :chill: :mad:

The love these little guys bring to us more than cover all the $$$$ we invest to make them/keep them healthy. :2thumbs:

grumpybob
07-04-2011, 04:23 PM
It was great of you to rescue her! probably saved her life.. Hope she is feeling better soon..

In 2009 AKC registered 60,000 puppy mill puppies, They need to have their :cus: slapped. Read that in an animal rescue magazine.

Dentin028
07-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog. I have 2 daschunds, one rescue and one pure breed. They are both awesome!! Oscar (the pure breed one) goes to the vet every other year to get his teeth cleaned. They do have a tendency of periodontal disease.

Hope your dog feels better soon!!

COOLMACHINE
07-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Yep, Dori is returning to normal behavior. Nice to see. I'm gonna slowly get her back onto the hard dog food.