PDA

View Full Version : MEET AND GREET

SpyderDuck
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Hello fellow Carolina Spyder Ryders! Who's up for planning a meet and greet? Let's get some suggestions for times and places! Fall, perhaps?

Catniption
06-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Well, Greensboro seems to be a central location. There are decent places to go close by like the NC zoo (one of the best in the nation), pleanty of good restaraunts and some nice country roads. I may even be able to get my friends at the local Applebees to host our event.

Of course if we want more adventurous roads, we may need to meet closer to the mountains.

bruiser
06-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Well, Greensboro seems to be a central location. There are decent places to go close by like the NC zoo (one of the best in the nation), pleanty of good restaraunts and some nice country roads. I may even be able to get my friends at the local Applebees to host our event.

Of course if we want more adventurous roads, we may need to meet closer to the mountains.

I agree with Gina. Greensboro is as good a place as any.

2Gunns
06-30-2011, 07:19 AM
I think this would be great...... I've floated the idea a couple of times. As was suggested to me "Pick a Date/Place/Time and go for it!"

How about end of July? Greensboro works, but I'd vote for dropping south just a bit.... Lexington BBQ YUM !

SpyderDuck
06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
I can do G-boro or Lexington... of course, in Lexington, you'd need to name the place; I have no idea what might be good there. Nip knows a good bit about G-boro... I know nothing (shut up, Nip).

Almost any Saturday would work for me, except for perhaps July 17 (hubby's b-day; he doesn't ride at all).

wildbill6565
06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Greensboro sounds good for us!

Catniption
06-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Talked to my pals at Applebees today and the manager said he would be glad to host our event. Just an FYI... on Sunday, July 31 they are having a pancake breakfast. The local churchs put this one to raise money for youth trips, shinny new steeples or whatever. That means the restaraunt will be open early and the regular menu will start at 11 AM. This may be a good option but I figure most people will prefer a Saturday.

Either way, they will open the doors for us whenever we ask them to. Probably manage some half price appetizers too. It's amazing what 6 years of martini buying will get you!;)

Of course this is just one of many options. I'll go along with whatever is best for the majority. I understand the best Lexington barbeque is found at....Lexington Barbecue, Hwy 29-70S, Lexington!:D

bruiser
06-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry gang. I have to stick with East Carolina BBQ.:2thumbs:

SpyderDuck
06-30-2011, 08:06 PM
That's what ya get for trusting the internet, Nip - substandard BBQ.

So far, G-boro seems to be in the lead. I hope more folks pop in!

2Gunns
07-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I tend to like ALL BBQ ....vinegar based, mustard based, tomatoe based.... it's all good :helpsmilie:

Aplebees G-boro sounds like a winner.....with your connections and all :2thumbs:

"BOOK IT AND THEY WILL COME"

hevnbound
07-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Greensboro would work for me. North West of Greensboro on Hwy 68 there is the little town of Oak Ridge. At the intersection of 68 and Oak Ridge Rd there is a small strip mall and in this group of stores is a place called BISTRO. Excellent food and meeting place. I've met there several times for rides. It's away from the traffic and congestion of Greensboro. .... But, Applebees would work also - my only thought here is that if we meet there late enough to eat lunch we won't have much riding time??

North of there (Oak Ridge) is a literal cornucopia of roads; straights, sweepers, twisties, switch-backs .. you name it. e.g. Hwy 8, 66, 40, 58, Lovers Leap, Squirrel Spur, BRP, etc. More than we could do in the time allowed.

However ... I only have Saturday the 30th open in July!!! Aug. 13th & 27th would work also! Sundays don't work for me.

Sure hope I finally get a chance to meet some of you.

Catniption
07-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Good suggestion, HevnBound. I think July 30 is great. Let's narrow down the time and place. For all of the BBQ lovers, we can always head to Lexington after a good day of riding.

I'm wondering what time would be good since many folks may have a long drive.

Leslee
07-02-2011, 04:00 PM
We live in Cary NC and would be happy to meet you all in the greater Greensboro area. Will be very hot late July so cool roads would be nice even if a short ride. We love to eat too!

hevnbound
07-02-2011, 09:15 PM
So, do we have a date: July 30th ???

How about the location: Oak Ridge or, Applebees ??

We need a time?? - I could be there anytime since I usually don't sleep much the night before a ride because :2excited:

Oak Ridge (if that is the choice) is 70 miles from Statesville. That would make it approx 90+ miles from Hickory. Cary is about the same distance.
Those that live the farthest should probably set the meeting time?

phantom13lady
07-02-2011, 09:35 PM
I would love to ride, but that is the weekend of my family reunion, and I am hosting it. Maybe next time!
Enjoyed riding with you last weekend, Liz!

WackyDan
07-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Out of town late this month thru early August on vacation. Next time.

bruiser
07-05-2011, 10:01 AM
So far there is nothing on our schedule for 30 July. We'll be coming from Goldsboro, about 2.5 hours to Greensboro.

2Gunns
07-05-2011, 12:14 PM
so far July 30th looks doable for me...would be about little over 2 hour ryde:2thumbs:

fredace
07-05-2011, 02:35 PM
It's a 2 hour ride for me from Waxhaw too. I'll make it.

Catniption
07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
okay, I'm gonna make a decision and hope for the best. How about we meet at 11AM at Applebee's on Battleground Blvd on July 30? We can have lunch, hang out and whoever wants to ride for a bit can ride. The address is

3200 Battleground Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27408-2604
(336) 282-7100

Google maps shows the new loop from I40. Some GPS don't have it yet. If
anyone needs specific directions, send me a message.

hevnbound
07-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm there!

Spyderjuice
07-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm there also.

Stan

CanAmMick
07-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I believe we will be there. It's about a 3.5 hour ride for us. Wife said if we get a place to stay over night she would think about going. Can any of you tell us about some good places to stay??? Don't want to wake up the next morning and find our Spyder missing!!!!!

Would also need some good directions......

2Gunns
07-07-2011, 07:22 AM
okay, I'm gonna make a decision and hope for the best. How about we meet at 11AM at Applebee's on Battleground Blvd on July 30? We can have lunch, hang out and whoever wants to ride for a bit can ride. The address is

3200 Battleground Avenue
(336) 282-7100

OUTSTANDING !
Hope we have a good turnout.... Thank Catniption for pulling this together.

SpyderDuck
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM

3200 Battleground Avenue
(336) 282-7100

I can do it!!!! :ohyea:

spyder3rdr
07-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I'll be there ... if i'm not working that weekend :2thumbs:

Catniption
07-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I believe we will be there. It's about a 3.5 hour ride for us. Wife said if we get a place to stay over night she would think about going. Can any of you tell us about some good places to stay??? Don't want to wake up the next morning and find our Spyder missing!!!!!

Would also need some good directions......

There are several decent hotels near the airport that would be safe. There are two luxury hotels if you want to be spoiled for a night, but you'll pay $$$$$ for it. Do NOT get anything close to the coliseum or Four Seasons mall. Stay on the west side of Greensboro. There is a nice little place on the same road as Applebee's that has good reviews. It's called Battleground Inn.

Let me know what road you will be comming in on and I will give you directions.

CanAmMick
07-07-2011, 08:29 PM
There are several decent hotels near the airport that would be safe. There are two luxury hotels if you want to be spoiled for a night, but you'll pay $$$$$ for it. Do NOT get anything close to the coliseum or Four Seasons mall. Stay on the west side of Greensboro. There is a nice little place on the same road as Applebee's that has good reviews. It's called Battleground Inn.

Let me know what road you will be comming in on and I will give you directions.

I 40 to I 73N then according to MapQuest then:

Merge onto I-73 N/FUTURE I-840 via EXIT 212B toward BRYAN BLVD/PTI AIRPORT.

Take EXIT 3 toward BRYAN BLVD/PTI AIRPORT. Take the BRYAN BLVD EAST exit toward DOWNTOWN.

Merge onto JOSEPH M BRYAN BLVD.

Take the WESTRIDGE RD exit. Turn RIGHT onto WESTRIDGE RD.

Turn RIGHT onto BATTLEGROUND AVE/US-220. 3200 BATTLEGROUND AVE is on the LEFT.

If you know of a better way than that please let me know...

I really do appreciate you help...

Mick

wildbill6565
07-08-2011, 03:04 PM
We'll try our best to be there.

Catniption
07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I 40 to I 73N then according to MapQuest then:

Merge onto I-73 N/FUTURE I-840 via EXIT 212B toward BRYAN BLVD/PTI AIRPORT.

Take EXIT 3 toward BRYAN BLVD/PTI AIRPORT. Take the BRYAN BLVD EAST exit toward DOWNTOWN.

Merge onto JOSEPH M BRYAN BLVD.

Take the WESTRIDGE RD exit. Turn RIGHT onto WESTRIDGE RD.

Turn RIGHT onto BATTLEGROUND AVE/US-220. 3200 BATTLEGROUND AVE is on the LEFT.

If you know of a better way than that please let me know...

I really do appreciate you help...

Mick

That's the best way. Some people get a little confused with the I40 -I73 thing. Just remember to stay in the righthand lane when you get close to exit 210 on I40, then take exit 212B which will be an "exit only" for the lane you are in. From there, round the clover leaf (which is really fun on a Spyder) and move over to one of the left two lanes. The road is not finished so you have to take the Bryan Blvd exit. Take the first exit that says "downtown", then take the Westridge exit. Turn right onto Battleground (McDonald's will be on the left of this intersection). Applebees is only a couple hundred feet on the left so don't miss it!

SpyderWolf
07-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I will have to see how things go, and what the calendar looks like as we get closer to the 30th. According to Google Maps, it is about a 4.5 hour ryde one way for me. :D

CanAmMick
07-08-2011, 11:20 PM
That's the best way. Some people get a little confused with the I40 -I73 thing. Just remember to stay in the righthand lane when you get close to exit 210 on I40, then take exit 212B which will be an "exit only" for the lane you are in. From there, round the clover leaf (which is really fun on a Spyder) and move over to one of the left two lanes. The road is not finished so you have to take the Bryan Blvd exit. Take the first exit that says "downtown", then take the Westridge exit. Turn right onto Battleground (McDonald's will be on the left of this intersection). Applebees is only a couple hundred feet on the left so don't miss it!

Thanks! Since moving to North Carolina we haven't had time to see much of the state, so this trip should be a lot of fun. I believe I saw you at Maggie Valley. Looks like your Spyder:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x360/CanAmMick/DSCN1139.jpg

Nate01
07-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Newer Spyder owner, but I think it would be fun, I will put it on my calendar and see if I can make it out there.

CanAmMick
07-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Newer Spyder owner, but I think it would be fun, I will put it on my calendar and see if I can make it out there.

Hope you get to make it. Should be a lot of fun!!!!!

Catniption
07-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks! Since moving to North Carolina we haven't had time to see much of the state, so this trip should be a lot of fun. I believe I saw you at Maggie Valley. Looks like your Spyder:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x360/CanAmMick/DSCN1139.jpg

woof, I have got to lose wieght before sporting pink camo again :barf:

Well, at least the bike looks good:D

Catniption
07-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Of course you can make it, you're practically my neighbor being in WS! Hope to see you then, otherwise just "holla" if you want another spyder to ride with.

CanAmMick
07-09-2011, 11:29 PM
woof, I have got to lose wieght before sporting pink camo again :barf:

Well, at least the bike looks good:D

You look great! Remember what really matters is whats in the mind and in your heart!!

bruiser
07-10-2011, 08:33 AM
You look great! Remember what really matters is whats in the mind and in your heart!!

:agree:

Joeb0716
07-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I'll try to be there also...

Leslee
07-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Leslee & Ron Turner will be there. We live about an hour east of Greensboro just south of I-40. If anyone is coming from a good distance and would like to stay with us, we have two twin beds in a bedroom suite with private bathroom. We also have a spare bedroom with a bathroom. You would be welcome to visit and stay overnight.:welcome:

Nate01
07-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Of course you can make it, you're practically my neighbor being in WS! Hope to see you then, otherwise just "holla" if you want another spyder to ride with.

Yes, I am practically your neighbor, but the issue I have is getting away from the hospital long enough to do anything. I work for Novant Health, or as most people around NC know us, that evil health care company buying all the doctors and hospitals.. I do IT work for a large portion of the hospitals and doctors offices around NC, VA, and SC and we are in the midst of a huge Electronic Health records switch that is taking up a large majority of our time lately. Only reason I get to be around doing anything this weekend is I just came off a week of on-call, so I got the weekend free. :2excited: :yes:

WackyDan
07-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes, I am practically your neighbor, but the issue I have is getting away from the hospital long enough to do anything. I work for Novant Health, or as most people around NC know us, that evil health care company buying all the doctors and hospitals.. I do IT work for a large portion of the hospitals and doctors offices around NC, VA, and SC and we are in the midst of a huge Electronic Health records switch that is taking up a large majority of our time lately. Only reason I get to be around doing anything this weekend is I just came off a week of on-call, so I got the weekend free. :2excited: :yes:
Novant saved my baby's life...That is good enough for me! ;)

ulflyer
07-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Add one more to the list. Prob take 52 to I40 east rather than I85.

CanAmMick
07-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Hoping that a lot of people show up. We've decided to ride down Friday night and stay till Sunday. Any recommendations on places to visit Sunday before our trip back home????

rafiki2cu
07-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Hoping that a lot of people show up. We've decided to ride down Friday night and stay till Sunday. Any recommendations on places to visit Sunday before our trip back home????
I would recommend the NC Zoo in Asheboro if you have the time.

CanAmMick
07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I would recommend the NC Zoo in Asheboro if you have the time.

That sounds great. My wife would really enjoy that... Thanks for the info!

We reserved or room for Friday and Saturday night at Battleground Inn. Looking forward to meeting everyone that shows up.

2Gunns
07-26-2011, 08:22 AM
well this just blows.... as much as I was looking forward to this weekend, I will not be able to be there. Just got word I've got to travel for work, leaving tomorrow morning and won't return until Saturday.

Sorry guys, I was really wanted to meet you.

Nate01
07-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Looks like I should be able to make it, hopefully my mother in law will have our kids and the wife can make it too.

ulflyer
07-26-2011, 02:58 PM
I have a friend in Greensboro with a new black RT and I'm pretty sure he'll be coming also. He doesnt do internet much. We might link up and come togather.

Hope one of you have a Utopia backrest I can look at.

Joeb0716
07-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Catniption & I met last Wednesday after work.....

We have this idea that maybe, just maybe, the group might like to short ride up to Mabry Mill on the Parkway. We have a route planned that has mountain climbing with some great rising 90* turns involved. You will have to navigate in 1st gear. This road, Hwy 8 is mostly shaded in the twisty-turny area below Woolwine. :2excited:

There are also some " covered bridges " that have been restored, one of them being Jacks bridge, which is along side Hwy 8. ( to left of 8) and John White bridge which is a few miles past, but on the right. :shemademe_smilie:

Come on catniption, chime in here.....

CanAmMick
07-26-2011, 10:15 PM

We have this idea that maybe, just maybe, the group might like to short ride up to Mabry Mill on the Parkway. We have a route planned that has mountain climbing with some great rising 90* turns involved. You will have to navigate in 1st gear. This road, Hwy 8 is mostly shaded in the twisty-turny area below Woolwine. :2excited:

There are also some " covered bridges " that have been restored, one of them being Jacks bridge, which is along side Hwy 8. ( to left of 8) and John White bridge which is a few miles past, but on the right. :shemademe_smilie:

Were in!!!!!!!!!! Just want to be able to stop a few times and take some pictures...

Leslee
07-27-2011, 08:55 AM
What time would you estimate we would arrive back in the Greensboro area? I realize the number of stops will make a difference so be generous with estimate. Is the road ok for less experienced Spyder riders? We are looking forward to Saturday.

Big Bird
07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Seems like we need to split up NC...eastern and western. I'm within 20 min of NC or GA, and I don't hear much from the SC forum... So in the interest of the east/west situation I'm in the West end for what it's worth... Glenn aka Big Bird:shemademe_smilie:

Joeb0716
07-27-2011, 05:35 PM
After meet & greet at Applebee's, depending on number of spyders, Catniption & I would guess 2hrs up to Mabry Mill. Making a few photo stops along the way, add another hour. All told, around 5 to 6 hrs. For the complete trip. Remember this is a guess.... I love taking pictures, so my trips sometimes are long... I have about 25,000 pix up on Flickr.com... From the parkway, to redneck backyard racing, to motocross, to cruise ins.

None of the roads are under construction, max top speeds are 55 mph. Most of the rising turns are in the 10 to 20 mph range... The Parkway max speed is 45 mph.

I class myself as a beginner spyder ryder , so you know I'm going to be careful. I have only 3975 miles on my spyder... Since Feb 2011...

Have a great day,
Joe B.:spyder2:

bruiser
07-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Well, it's official :cus:. I have to go to Bolivia for a job Saturday. Bolivia NC that is. Has to be done Saturday :cus: :cus:. :mad::gaah: I was looking forward to meeting and greeting and ryding. :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus:

SpyderDuck
07-27-2011, 07:11 PM

Catniption's modem is on the fritz, and she's devoting most of her spare time to packing for her big move to SC. But if she mentioned riding, then she's gonna want to ride.

I think we need to all cruise g-boro's downtown after we return, lol! It tickles the pee out of the kids there when 'nip and I do that.

Catniption
07-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm back!!! :2thumbs: Yep, the ride to the parkway will take some time, but it is a very nice ride. Cruisin' downtown is just fun to watch the expression on people's faces. There is one main road and it isn't but a little over a mile long. Of course that mile is packed with people and cars and bikes.

Bruiser, I hate you have to miss this one. I'm sure there will be more.

Catniption
07-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Dang, 2Gunns and Bruiser are missing this one. Even though I'll be in SC, I hope there are more opportunities to meet.

hevnbound
07-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Parkway/Mabry Mill sounds great ... I'm in for that. Especially the Photo ops! See y'all Saturday at Applebees.

CanAmMick
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Were driving in Friday evening after I get off work. Looks like it will be in the rain from the forecast that they are showing here. Hopefully when we get down the mountain the weather will be a little better.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and a great ride on Saturday..

kencraft
07-29-2011, 06:43 AM
Plan on being there, look foward to meeting every one.

2Gunns
07-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Dang, 2Gunns and Bruiser are missing this one. Even though I'll be in SC, I hope there are more opportunities to meet.

I really am going to miss not making this, but I'm there in spirit.... take lots of pictures and be sure to post a good group shot. Ryde Safe

hevnbound
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Unless I've missed something, here's the status so far. Regardless of who shows, we will have a great time. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Those who have confirmed and some with caveats:
Catniption
Spyderduck
WildBill6565 + 1 ("Will try our best")
Hevnbound
Leslee & Ron
Fredace
Spyderjuice
CanAmMick + 1
Spyder3rdr (If doesn't have to work)
Nate01 + 1 (Definitely Nate but depends on Mom-n-law keeping kids if wife can make it?!)
JoeR0716
V1Flyer + 1
kencraft
Spyderwolf (posted on 7/8 "will have to see how things go?")
Rafiki2cu

Posted on thread but didn't indicate whether or not will attend:
Big Bird

REGRETS .... We gonna miss ya'll
Phantom13Lady .... Family reunion
WackyDan .... Out of town
Bruiser .... Work
2Gunns .... Work

BIG THANK YOU to Catniption for putting this together.

Spyderjuice
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the list Sam, it looks like a good turn out. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and going for what looks like a great ride.
:thumbup:
Stan

CanAmMick
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Will be leaving in about 45 minutes.:ohyea: Looking forward to a nice ride if we don't get rained on before we get out of our area. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun!!!!!!

rafiki2cu
07-29-2011, 04:33 PM
I will be there but will not be able to do the ride. I have a trip to Charleston SC to make tomorrow. Look forward to meeting everyone.

CanAmMick
07-30-2011, 10:12 PM
My wife and I had a wonderful time today!!!!! It was really nice to meet everyone. Sure would be nice if we had people like all of you to ride with in our area.....

Hopefully we can all get together again and take another ride on the :spyder2:. I'll try get some picture posted hopefully tomorrow after we get home. Looks like it may be a wet trip home, but l would have to say it would be worth every minute of it after meeting all of you.

Remember, if any of you ever come over in our neck of the woods you always have a place to stay. We have plenty of room and were only about 40 minutes from the parkway!!

A big thanks to everyone that had anything to do with putting this together!!!

Leslee
07-30-2011, 10:34 PM
It was a great time today even though it was very hot. Much thanks to SpyderDuck, Catniption, and JoeB for planning this. North Carolina's loss is South Carolina's gain. Hope all goes well with your move this week, Catniption!

Mrs Hobstoppe
07-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Our group had an awesome time yesterday and would love to see more come...all in all at Applebees we counted 18 spyders!! AWESOME!! Kudos to the organizers on job well done. Hubbie (hobstopper) and I had a very nice time and enjoyed meeting you all cant wait to see the pics.

Anyone be interested in a meet and greet in Goldhill? I would love to try to arrange something!

til next time,

MRS Hobstopper

Leslee
07-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Many people suggested more Meet & Greets, so go for it. We would come to Goldhill if the date worked for us. Can you "promise" a little cooler weather?;)

Rayelljay
07-31-2011, 02:36 PM
'Twas good yesterday, wasn't it....I'd not seen so many Spyders in one place before.
Bein' as I live in Kernersville, the Mt Airy meet will be an up and back thing for me, so is there a convenient meeting place...?

Sorry I didn't make the ride but with the potential of atmospheric prepisitation I decided "No but thankyou."
Did go to that MC gear store on High Point Road and bought Frog Togs and a decent pair of riding pants.
New baby Grandneice is doing very well and She'll be home this eve...(not, though, in my house yet).

I took a good bunch of photos yesterday but my four year old digital Rebel has gone on strike. Checked all I could (no user servicable parts.....) and took it to the Best Buy Guru team who pronounced it dead on arrival. I ended up buying a new Canon but it will work on my telescopes and I can control it from the laptop.
Indy Nascar is gettin' interesting so 'bye fer now.
Ray

ulflyer
07-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Surprised to see so many of us, and several close enough to my area that I'm gonna suggest a breakfast meet and ride up towards/into Mts one day soon when the WX breaks a bit. At my age I've become a fair wx rider and the PM temps we're having are too much for me.

If I see what looks reasonable, I might throw it out here on short notice, so keep a watch out. As an alternative, if any of you want to send me your email I can let you know directly.

I'm thinking Winston area, perhaps the K&W cafeteria on Hanes blvd, just off Rt 8, off Rt 52 just N of Winston.

CanAmMick
07-31-2011, 06:29 PM
We had a great time!! Made it home safely with only one down-pore. It sure was nice to get back home. The highest temperature we saw was 99, and by the time we got home it was 83. Felt great.....Greensboro seems like a nice place, but it sure was hot there. Total trip was 611.8 miles. Already mowed the yard and got my weekend duties done. Think I may take a nap!!

Remember we have room available if any of you ever want to come ride up in our area!!!!

CanAmMick
07-31-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm in the process of uploading pictures to Photobucket. When they are uploaded I'll post a link so everyone can see them. If anyone wants copies just let me know and I'll email them to you.

CanAmMick
07-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Here's the link for the pictures:

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x360/CanAmMick/Meet and Greet Greensboro NC/ (http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x360/CanAmMick/Meet%20and%20Greet%20Greensboro%20NC/)

Joeb0716
08-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Must have password to access pix on photo bucket

Great ryde. :lecturef_smilie:

Great meal those of us afterwards..

CanAmMick
08-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry about that!! Try it again. Should work without a password.

kencraft
08-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the pictures and the momories of a near perfect day. look foward to seeing each of you at our next get together.

wildbill6565
08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Our group had an awesome time yesterday and would love to see more come...all in all at Applebees we counted 18 spyders!! AWESOME!! Kudos to the organizers on job well done. Hubbie (hobstopper) and I had a very nice time and enjoyed meeting you all cant wait to see the pics.

Anyone be interested in a meet and greet in Goldhill? I would love to try to arrange something!

til next time,

MRS Hobstopper

Yes please do maybe late Aug.
Wildbill6565

2Gunns
08-02-2011, 08:05 AM
I've had computer problems the last couple days... haven't been able to rely to post. Looks like you guys had a great timeand I was very impressed at the turnout Can't wait until the next....hopefully I will make that one.
I think the direction this is taking is "right on target".... someone take the lead and schedule a "meet n' greet" in your area. Since we do cover such a large geographic this will help spread it around a bit.

Goldhill would be great (would'nt mind some Johnny's BBQ;)) and a Breakfast meet would be nice as well....no reason we can't mix things up.

CanAmMick
08-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I would like to go, but it would have to be a little later in the day for me. Maybe I could meet up with you somewhere on a :spyder2: ride. That way I wouldn't have to stay in another hotel.....

2Gunns
08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes please do maybe late Aug.
Wildbill6565

my August calander is full as well...looks like weekend of 27th is my only open dates

2Gunns
08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
I would like to go, but it would have to be a little later in the day for me. Maybe I could meet up with you somewhere on a :spyder2: ride. That way I wouldn't have to stay in another hotel.....

CanAmMick.... The NC Mountains are really nice in the fall (;))

hevnbound
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
I had a great time meeting 'n greeting everyone! Also enjoyed the ride in spite of the heat (102 degrees showed on my thermometer at one time!). One of the best parts was running through the little rain shower!! Really got a kick out of Chasing Regina (catniption) up Tuggles Gap ..... sorry I got a little carried away.. :D

Looks like the next one might be in Gold Hill - I'm good for that and Aug 27th is open.

Perhaps the Sept get-to-gether could be in the moutains during "leaf" season???

CanAmMick
08-02-2011, 11:06 PM
CanAmMick.... The NC Mountains are really nice in the fall (;))

I think that would be an excellent idea. The parkway is always beautiful especially when things start to change colors. We also have Caesars Head State Park / Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area which is a little to the east and south just over the state line in South Carolina. It would be 25 south to 11 west, then to 276 which goes through the park, then on to Brevard, NC. 276 that takes you up to Caesars Head State Park is uphill and has a lot of turns and is a beautiful ride. Then we could continue up 276 through the Pisgah Forest, hit the parkway and go north or south from there. I'm game for what ever anyone wants to do and would be happy to put something together. We have plenty of room at the house and all that need a place to stay can crash here before and after the trip. That way you won't have to do all the riding in one day. Let me know what you think and we'll try to get something together.....

SpyderDuck
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Hi all!

Just got home late last night after helping Catniption move. I'm beat, taking today off work just to recover, as I can barely move! 'Nip is ryding her :spyder2: to her new digs today. She doesn't have internet at her new place yet, so I don't know when we will see her here.

We had a wonderful time meeting everyone, and aside from the heat, the ryde was great!

You know, because August 27 was mentioned already, I was thinking... we could just plan a meet for the last Saturday of every month. Whoever could make it would attend. Eventually, everybody would be able to make one of the meet/rydes. We just need times and places. For Hickory, I would suggest that we try that German restaurant, as it was rated the best in the country last year. We could stop there post-ryde. As for the ryde itself, I hope Ltownblue would consent to be our tour guide; he plans great rydes.

2Gunns
08-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi all!

Just got home late last night after helping Catniption move. I'm beat, taking today off work just to recover, as I can barely move! 'Nip is ryding her :spyder2: to her new digs today. She doesn't have internet at her new place yet, so I don't know when we will see her here.

We had a wonderful time meeting everyone, and aside from the heat, the ryde was great!

You know, because August 27 was mentioned already, I was thinking... we could just plan a meet for the last Saturday of every month. Whoever could make it would attend. Eventually, everybody would be able to make one of the meet/rydes. We just need times and places. For Hickory, I would suggest that we try that German restaurant, as it was rated the best in the country last year. We could stop there post-ryde. As for the ryde itself, I hope Ltownblue would consent to be our tour guide; he plans great rydes.

sounds like a good idea to me :2thumbs:

.... so far I've heard Goldhill, Hendersonville, Winston-Salem, Hickory. Wow, we could fill the calander really quick.

Catniption
08-08-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm back!! Whew! I really dislike the whole moving process. I'm still digging through boxes. I am so glad everyone had a good time at the event. Hopefully, I will be able to make a few upcoming events. It was great meeting, greeting and eating!

KipDM
08-10-2011, 01:43 AM
sorry. real life called and i have been very busy. this is my first time logging in here for almost 2 months.
i owuld really have liked to come meet more ryders.

hopefully my schedule will let me keep more in touch here so i can make future events.

now if only i could get a new work schedule too...currently work Wed-Sun...

next year hope to be able to make more events with everyone.

2Gunns
08-13-2011, 07:23 AM
I'm about to head out the door...won't have computer access for almost 2 weeks just wondering if anyone had planned anything for the 27th? I will check back in when I can and see