PDA

View Full Version : Prospective owner

LennyO
06-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Hello to all!
I just wanted to say "Hello"!
At this point I am considering the RT-S SE5 model.
Did not see it in person yet....but soon :)

Any suggestions on local dealer experiences?

Thanks!

ARtraveler
06-28-2011, 10:30 AM
:welcome:

Someone from your area will chime in with advice as to where to buy.

Motogordo
07-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Hello to all!
I just wanted to say "Hello"!
At this point I am considering the RT-S SE5 model.
Did not see it in person yet....but soon :)

Any suggestions on local dealer experiences?

Thanks!

I purchased my 2011 Spyder RTS/SE5 two weeks ago from "EAST COAST CYCLE CENTER" in Bensalem, Pa. They had plenty in stock. Someone mentioned to me that there is one in Egg Harbor, N.J., but I haven't confirmed that yet.
If you go on the site where it shows all the different states where the dealers are, you will see even more.
Gordon
P>S> I was extremely happy dealing with "EAST COAST CYCLE CENTER" IN Bensalem, Pa.

VixenHeart
07-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Hey, I just bought a silver RT-S yesterday from Smith Marine in New Brittain PA. They gave me a great deal and have lots of models and colors in stock. Very helpful! I have bought two of my snowmobiles from them and have been pleased with the service provided...one of the reasons bought the Spyder from them rather than going somewhere closer. Tell them Christeena sent you! :2thumbs:

spydrluvr
07-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey, I just bought a silver RT-S yesterday from Smith Marine in New Brittain PA. They gave me a great deal and have lots of models and colors in stock. Very helpful! I have bought two of my snowmobiles from them and have been pleased with the service provided...one of the reasons bought the Spyder from them rather than going somewhere closer. Tell them Christeena sent you! :2thumbs:
:congrats: and :welcome::yes::yes:

kentompkins
07-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Someone mentioned to me that there is one in Egg Harbor, N.J., but I haven't confirmed that yet.

I don't know of a dealer in Egg Harbor, NJ but there is a new one in Hammonton, NJ on Rt. 30. They say they are selling a lot of Spyders -- six in one week. They are Atlantic City Cycle Center; they are having demo rides on July 22 - 23.

Here is a link: http://www.atlanticcitycc.com/

ken tompkins

spyder3
07-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Have you tried the one in hammonton for service? I like to have options:2thumbs:

kentompkins
07-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I have not though I have very briefly introduced myself to the Service Manager.

To be honest, I rode up to the address in Hammonton (I live outside of Atlantic City) to introduce myself and get a sense of the place and those who worked there. When I went inside the owner was at a desk chatting with someone. Thinking it might be a customer, I looked around till he left. I then introduced myself, said that I owned a 2008 Spyder, had been to Gatlinburg three times, etc. He was about as interested as a small child.

I asked if he knew about this site? (No) If he had heard about the BBQ and the Maggie Valley meeting?? (No) If he had actually ridden a Spyder? (Yes, but didn't seem a believer). He never left his chair, didn't seem to want to see my particular bike (I thought he might have been interested in the few mods I have made).

On the way out, I spoke with a woman who had just had service done on her Spyder. We chatted very briefly about the ride and I asked if she was going to MV? She loudly and repeatedly said she wasn't going. It was if I had asked her to become involved on something illegal. I found her response very strange because most owners will talk about the Spyder, their Spyder, their trips, etc.

So, all in all, I was disappointed. NOTE: my response does not mean that they do not perform excellent service on a Spyder brought into their shop. I have found almost all of the dealers I have dealt with in NJ to have similar responses. (1) The Spyder is not their main bike; (2) The Spyder is not their favorite bike; (3) They are not interested in SpyderLovers or what it written here; (4) They don't have time to chat and, finally, (5) they have the social skills of a snail.

But I may expect too much.

NJERNIE visited them some months ago when they first started selling Spyders and he can share his impressions. As I remember it, he was underwhelmed.

Just my impressions.

ken tompkins