PDA

View Full Version : Rear Fender Supports Cracked - Replaced under Factory Warranty - NOT B.E.S.T.

groundeffect
06-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey guys. Just called my Dealer and passed along some photos of my rear fender supports. They have cracked in the usual and common places that other ryders have been seeing. I've recently passed my 40,000km mark. Dealer reported back that BRP will be covering this under standard factory warranty, but has mentioned this type of issue will not be covered under BEST Warranty coverage.

I've recently seen a post, but can't point to it right now, regarding a service bulletin to be released about the torque settings on the fender screws. Is this related? Perhaps this new torque settings/service bulletin will help prevent the fender supports from cracking? And maybe that is why it will not be covered in BEST Warranty?

Thanks for your time.
Dean

wyliec
06-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey guys. Just called my Dealer and passed along some photos of my rear fender supports. They have cracked in the usual and common places that other ryders have been seeing. I've recently passed my 40,000km mark. Dealer reported back that BRP will be covering this under standard factory warranty, but has mentioned this type of issue will not be covered under BEST Warranty coverage.

I've recently seen a post, but can't point to it right now, regarding a service bulletin to be released about the torque settings on the fender screws. Is this related? Perhaps this new torque settings/service bulletin will help prevent the fender supports from cracking? And maybe that is why it will not be covered in BEST Warranty?

Thanks for your time.
Dean

I responded to that post yesterday.

I was at the dealer and he checked the bulletin. The only thing that changed was the torque sequence. The torque value stayed the same.

I did not ask what the sequence was or if it was covered under warranty.

I'm thinking the bulletin is more for when the dealer replaces a fender.

Look at post #13 here:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28981

groundeffect
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM

I was at the dealer and he checked the bulletin. The only thing that changed was the torque sequence. The torque value stayed the same.

Look at post #13 here:

That's the one, thanks!:thumbup:

Raptor
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM

Look at post #13 here:

This is good to know. Thanks! :thumbup: