PDA

View Full Version : More VIDEO from Maggie Valley and The Dragon!

SilverSurfer
06-26-2011, 05:19 PM
FloridaGirl absolutely has the best production ...

Here's my humble contribution ... the same group on our Dragon Run 110617, from moi, No. 4 in the pack: Inspector Gadget in the lead, followed by BikerDoc (Hal), ABN350 (Steve), myself, Papa1, Mark and Linda; Sonrisa (George and Brenda), ScionXB (Victor) and Scooter (Al and Deb). These are also posted here in Spyderlovers in Spyder RT Videos. Apologies to (I think) Mark and Debbie. I didn't know the handle was Florida Girl. They related a humorous story about who's Spyder (Whte '11 RT Limited) it was and who would be doing the driving! Anywayyyyyy ....

Part I:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCCMuUVgrJU&feature=related

Part II:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et3VJK93VtI&feature=related

We had nine Spyders and 13 ryders. What a great day. We went on from the Dragon across the Foothills Parkway and into Pigeon Forge; then up thorugh Gatlinburg, then took 441 and the Blue Ridge Parkway back to Maggie Valley. About 185 miles total loop.

~ Surfer

Arthur---Mexico
06-26-2011, 05:32 PM
The ride was fabulous. Really something. Thank you. You had me leaning all over the room. Sorry I couldn't make it but priorities were involved. Arthur---Mexico City

Florida girl
06-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi Paul. I was looking for your video! Glad I found it. :clap: I really enjoyed it. :popcorn: I never got to take very much video of the ride but this brought back memories just seeing the whole video through again. :D Maggie Valley was a great trip and I look forward to the next one! Next time I am bringing my camera and taking the pictures I should have taken! :gaah: I know most of the time we are only known for our handle names and we forget what each others real names are. I only found out your real name by viewing the credits on your video here so don't feel bad but my real name is Debbie not Linda. Now I have to go back to your credits again and learn our groups real names! :roflblack: Now that we are back at home I have finally gotten to take possession of my Spyder again! We picked up Mark's Harley at the shop this week so I am riding on my own again! :yes: :doorag: I guess I will let Mark ride :spyder2: every once in a while. :roflblack: Actually, I think he is the smart one. He lets me think it's mine so I do all the care and washing and then he can ride whenever he wants! He's got the best of both worlds! :roflblack: Anyway, no matter who is actually doing the driving, we have a great time together whenever we ride and thats what is important! :thumbup: Thanks again for posting this video. I am going to make sure that George and Brenda (Sonrisa) see this! Glad you got to see my little video too. Not near as much coverage as you had though. Did you get to see the separate post with the photos too? The pictures show a little better on that link. Also, do you happen to know if anyone from our group is going to Spyders in the Adirondacks in July? :dontknow: Hope to see everyone at our next trip!

SilverSurfer
06-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Hey Sorry Debbie about the name flub. I was getting my input on handles and names via e-mails from other riders because I didn't know. Let me know if it's important to you that I re-edit and re-post. Otherwise, it was a mutual pleasure to get to know you and mark and ride with you. I viewed your video production ... EXCELLENT and to be able to assemble it so quickly.

On cameras ... in addition to my GoPro, I just ordered a ContourHD for my helmet. So I'll wear that, then set the GoPro on the tail mount of the Spyder ... that way I can do momentary splits between forward and rear views.

Looking forward to ryding again with you and Mark (no matter who's driving) :2thumbs:

clueless
06-28-2011, 10:22 AM
hey silver sufrer ... ya need to pick up the speed :yes:

I didnt hear the nanny kick in yet ... we went up the tail of the dragon avg speed but the return back to the store trip I pushed it hard enough that the nanny was beeping and whining at least five or six times ... nojoke

SilverSurfer
06-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Our nannies did kick in; we would get a momentary pulse on the handlbar as nanny began to brake; but then I backed off just enough to keep her sailing smoothly. Listen close and you can hear the tires as well. That wide angle lens on the GoPro is deceptive. It makes the curves look less severe than they are. What is "avg speed?" As it was, we were outpacing cruisers. Gadget, Doc, ABN and I in front ... with five more following, we were not racing; we were being sanely aggressive, which makes for a very fun, but not dangerous ryde.

... and whilst I realize clueless is yanking on me a bit, no, nobody needs to speed up. Just ryde your own ryde folks ... Never feel pushed ... be safe; stay alive.

Florida girl
06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Our nannies did kick in; we would get a momentary pulse on the handlbar as nanny began to brake; but then I backed off just enough to keep her sailing smoothly. Listen close and you can hear the tires as well. That wide angle lens on the GoPro is deceptive. It makes the curves look less severe than they are. What is "avg speed?" As it was, we were outpacing cruisers. Gadget, Doc, ABN and I in front ... with five more following, we were not racing; we were being sanely aggressive, which makes for a very fun, but not dangerous ryde.

... and whilst I realize clueless is yanking on me a bit, no, nobody needs to speed up. Just ryde your own ryde folks ... Never feel pushed ... be safe; stay alive.

:agree: I realize Clueless is just joking here but being right behind you on that ride, I have to back you up. That nanny kicked in many times! Glad you mentioned ride your own ride and be safe. I had a friend who rode with some guys and tried to take the turns as quickly as they were. She had mentioned on a previous trip with them that she felt pressured and not quite right about keeping up with their speed. Next time out with them she went around a turn keeping up with them and hit the guard rail and died. She left behind 5 small children. Really sad. I don't speak about this on this forum to bring negativity but had she been riding her own ride she may still be alive today. Good lesson for all!

By the way Silversurfer, no you absolutely don't have to change my name on those credits! I am fine with the way it is. Never worry with me. I am not picky! :roflblack: great video. Look forward to seeing the next one with 2 cameras! :2thumbs:

Fire911
06-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Excellent videos. Wish I didn't have to miss the gathering.

Question for whomever was following the leader...How distracting was it being behind the person with the blink y rear lights? I know I go crazy when someone in front of me leaves on a blinker.

BikerDoc
06-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Excellent videos. Wish I didn't have to miss the gathering.

Question for whomever was following the leader...How distracting was it being behind the person with the blink y rear lights? I know I go crazy when someone in front of me leaves on a blinker.

Trying to brake just at the right time then slam on acceleration to stay close behind him and not let the nanny override me - was my complete focus.. I never even noticed the lights until you mentioned them - then I see them in the video

BikerDoc
06-28-2011, 05:50 PM
hey silver sufrer ... ya need to pick up the speed :yes:

I didnt hear the nanny kick in yet ... we went up the tail of the dragon avg speed but the return back to the store trip I pushed it hard enough that the nanny was beeping and whining at least five or six times ... nojoke

Keep in mind - on the downhill run we caught up to and were delayed by a da..m Harley that slowed our descent.......