PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got my RSS

Nate01
06-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Went yesterday and bought the 2011 Orange and black RSS. I have already put almost 200 miles on it in 2 days.. The only Issue I am having is my knees are cramping up on me after long rides. I am going to look into some risers and highway pegs, anyone have any other suggestions? Pictures to come shortly.

~Nate
Another Winston Salem NC Spyder owner.

Nate01
06-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Also, while not trying to plug a stealership, if anyone is ever in NC and needs a good group to work with, the guys over at RPM cycles in Albermarle are a great group. I didn't even try to haggle, just called around and asked what they had and prices on SE5 models. RPM cycles owner is who answered the phone, I spoke with him and w/out hesitation he quoted me 17,499 us on the RSS SE5. That nearly floored me, as the other dealers in the area said 19,199 firm, no haggle.

Also, apparently Spyder sales have sky rocketed, at least in NC. Three dealerships I talked have sold out or have 1-2 RT's left in stock, and 3 of the 4 dealers all told me they had sold the majority of their Spyders in the last 1-2 weeks.

StriperKing
06-26-2011, 04:44 PM
My hipps did that when I first got mine. More miles and stretch before you ride. All is good now.

Nate01
06-26-2011, 04:48 PM
My hipps did that when I first got mine. More miles and stretch before you ride. All is good now.

Thanks King, I will do that, and I will definitely be putting many more fun filled (s)miles on my :spyder2:.

SpyderAnn01
06-26-2011, 04:51 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: I hope your dealer's service department turns out to be as good as the sales department. lf they are then you are all set to enjoy your Spyder.

Weave2u
06-26-2011, 07:32 PM
:welcome:

Bet you're all happy now:ohyea: I just recently got my RS also. Funny, I had the same cramping or whatevere as you're having. It went away on it's own :2thumbs:
Well :congrats: and enjoy your new ride :clap:

spyder3rdr
06-26-2011, 07:36 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

spyder-dude
06-26-2011, 08:08 PM
:congrats:

I got the same RSS except with SM5. This is my 2nd spyder....absolutely love the orange/black! Risers are a big help if you are taller. And I agree stretching before riding defiantly helps. I just purchased some floor boards for mine but havent gotten them on yet because I am preparing for my move to Staunton, VA in 2 1/2 weeks. Maybe will catch up with you sometime!

BioSab
06-26-2011, 08:08 PM
As for highway pegs I got the kewlmetal pegs with the ISO Wings.
I was encountering the same cramping and knee pain. Since the installation
Of the pegs the pain is gone. I can easily ride from full to empty. Good luck, congratulations and Godspeed!!!

Biosab

Nate01
06-26-2011, 08:41 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: I hope your dealer's service department turns out to be as good as the sales department. lf they are then you are all set to enjoy your Spyder.

I have yet to deal with service, I hope so too.

Nate01
06-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Bet you're all happy now:ohyea: I just recently got my RS also. Funny, I had the same cramping or whatevere as you're having. It went away on it's own :2thumbs:
Well :congrats: and enjoy your new ride :clap:

YES I am all happy now, and I figured after a few days of riding it will get better, looking forward to more riding this week.

Nate01
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
:congrats:

I got the same RSS except with SM5. This is my 2nd spyder....absolutely love the orange/black! Risers are a big help if you are taller. And I agree stretching before riding defiantly helps. I just purchased some floor boards for mine but havent gotten them on yet because I am preparing for my move to Staunton, VA in 2 1/2 weeks. Maybe will catch up with you sometime!

The orange and black was the reason I started looking at the dealer I chose. He was the only one that had one in my area. Love the colors. Good luck on your move, I always hated moving.

ARtraveler
06-26-2011, 11:35 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the ryde.

DaGrlz
06-27-2011, 09:14 AM
:congrats::welcome:

jedd
06-27-2011, 01:32 PM
:congrats:&:welcome:

I used risers and pegs from NMN. cramps are always a problem I'd say ride 1000 miles then adjust as needed. Might save you some headaches.

Jim

fispyder
06-27-2011, 02:28 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the ryde.:2thumbs: