PDA

View Full Version : wetter water

fispyder
06-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Has anyone used this in their coolant system? If so did it help reduce the overall running tempture in the :spyder:. Just thought I'll throw this out there :dontknow:

AMTJIM
06-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Yes, I have used it in many machines. It's got a large following and people like it. It is not quite what people think it is, kinda like octane. People think octane is a high performance product, but is really just there to stabilize fuel to burn at the right time, it's your last bit of tweeking to your cars ignition timing. So yes, the correct selection of octane level will give better performance.
Water Wetter cannot out perform your vehicles cooling system, it's going to shoot for an operating temperature. However once the vehicle is warm/hot, the cooling system is probably wide open flow trying to dump heat. Water Wetter helps here, a quicker release of heat than antifreeze/colant. I don't have any amazing tell to tail, maybe some racers or Baja people do. I noticed the vehices temp drops much faster back to operating temperature.

C3517C
06-26-2011, 11:51 PM
I have never put it in a Spyder, however, I know some guys that are serious desert racers and they all swear it works.

BajaRon
06-27-2011, 09:59 AM
The biggest obsticle to reducing coolant temperature is the Anti-Freeze that you put in the water.

Straight water is much better at cooling than the 50-50 mix of water and coolant. But we all know what happens with straight water so unless you're all out racing and need to go get everything you can from your cooling system, 100% water is not a great idea.

If you just put Watter Wetter in your 50-50 coolant mix you'll not see any real difference. Watter Wetter really can't overcome the negative effects of the Anti-Freeze mix. Maybe that's why they call it Water Wetter and not Coolant or Anti-Freeze wetter.

Here is what I do. I change the coolant mix from 50-50 to 70% water/30% Anti-Freeze. This gives me all the advantages I need from the Anti-Freeze and gives the Water Wetter a chance to work. In this mixture I do see a definite temperature reduction. I'm guessing 6-10 degrees, about 1 bar.

Be sure to use only Distilled Water! Tap water or other bottled water will have chemicals and minerals that you don't want in your coolant system.

IWN2RYD
06-27-2011, 10:45 AM
:agree:
Spot on...

clueless
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
just make sure you add enough... someone added a few caps. not enough to make a diff.

added to the overflow tank as too lazy to drain and refill. at next coolant flush will add it as part of the coolant mix.

i have driven it over 4000 miles since to spyderfest and mv. so should be mixed in. seems to run 1 tick under mid range when running on highway

before was even at middle on temp guage.

figure can not hurt. plus not expensive. find at advanced auto or pepboys

BajaRon
06-27-2011, 11:47 AM
just make sure you add enough... someone added a few caps. not enough to make a diff.

added to the overflow tank as too lazy to drain and refill. at next coolant flush will add it as part of the coolant mix.

i have driven it over 4000 miles since to spyderfest and mv. so should be mixed in. seems to run 1 tick under mid range when running on highway

before was even at middle on temp guage.

figure can not hurt. plus not expensive. find at advanced auto or pepboys

You need 4-5 oz. of Water Wetter in our coolant system to get the correct mix in our system.

And you're right, it can't hurt even if you don't change the cooant mix. Just don't be dissappointed if you dont' see a difference.