PDA

View Full Version : Update Nomad problem with his PE

angel
06-26-2011, 12:12 AM
This is Hess here.

I had promised some of you that I would let you know what was found to be the issues with Nomads PE.

1st off I would like to apologize for my part in the thread that took place a while back

With that said here is what I know.

Can Am did finally step up and got serious about working with the Dealer Granbury Power-sports.

In fact they checked the progress daily for about a week.

The 1st thing the dealer did to overcome the dreaded 'Foot on the Brake" claim was to manually change/adjust the brake pedal.

By allowing it some play the' Foot on the brake' went away as did the DPS warning.

There were many issues going on with the bike that was making it throw many codes at the same time.

In the end they replaced the angle senors, the dps unit and some unknown (to me ) parts in the front end.

This took about 2 weeks for that part

Then Can Am supplied new SW updates that have not been made available yet and so far this seems to have taken care of the bike.

except for the instrument panel was changed out but there were some problems with getting the bike to "see" the new one so they will work on that later.

The SW changes seemed to cure most of the other stuff going on

So for you out there that have been told about the foot on the brake and you really have watched and don't see your foot or you S/O sneaking their foot up there on you!!

Well there is hope.!! weather that be the manual moving of the control, or the up dated SW you will soon be getting.

I hope this helps those that have this issue feel a bit better and no it is not all in your head or foot in this case.

You all ride safe and have fun. I think some of us forgot thats what it is all about last time. I admit I did

Hess