PDA

View Full Version : Some Spyders on the Snake

Ltownblue
06-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Some video of SpyderDuck, Catniption and her husband Sam, my brother and me riding the Snake (421 North from Mountain City to Shady Valley, Tn) today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxtov3NPWNo

SpyderDuck
06-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, I DID make the video... not too bad for such a noob as me, I guess. I'm glad Sam was able to put in an appearance at last, lol! Thanks for planning such a great ride; I hope more Spyders can join us next time. It was a blast.

Nip's camera was behind Shannon; he apparently is the star of both videos, lol! I think she has footage of going thru the shortest tunnel.

So much for that fool that sang "I don't like Spyders and Snakes"; he didn't know what he was missing! :D

SpyderWolf
06-26-2011, 11:50 AM
That was a good video. Very interesting perspective, where did you have the camera mounted? If it was on your helmet facing backwards, you sure don't move your head around a lot. Next time the 2 wheeler should be in the back of the pack though. :D Thanks for sharing.

Ltownblue
06-26-2011, 04:02 PM
That was a good video. Very interesting perspective, where did you have the camera mounted? If it was on your helmet facing backwards, you sure don't move your head around a lot. Next time the 2 wheeler should be in the back of the pack though. :D Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. Helmet cam facing backwards - neck shock absorber is second to none.
Moving the head a lot to look at the scenery can be a little dangerous on the snake. Hindsight is always 20 / 20, but Catniption should have probably been right behind me on her pink spyder - she rides well! Everyone did well keeping a pretty tight formation for the first time riding together.

Catniption
06-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Cool video! Too bad that darn two wheeler was in my way LOL! Just kidding, Shannon is a great rider. It was fun playing with the big boys. Sam's Harley just can't manage the curves like my little pink demon can!

Unfortunately, I apparently did NOT figure out my GOPRO since I put the LED screen on the back:gaah: so I did't get the videos I thought I did. Matter of fact, the thing didn't record anything! :mad: I think I'll take the darn screen off next time... and I fully expect there to be a next time soon!

SpyderWolf
06-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks. Helmet cam facing backwards - neck shock absorber is second to none.
Moving the head a lot to look at the scenery can be a little dangerous on the snake. Hindsight is always 20 / 20, but Catniption should have probably been right behind me on her pink spyder - she rides well! Everyone did well keeping a pretty tight formation for the first time riding together.

That neck roll definitely did the trick for an extremely steady video. :thumbup:

Gina, I hope you figure out your camera before you ryde it again. Good luck. :D

bruiser
06-29-2011, 07:33 PM
:cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: Wished I could have been there. NICE video.

Ltownblue
07-02-2011, 11:57 AM
:cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: Wished I could have been there. NICE video.

Haha. Thanks Bruiser. I look forward to meeting you.