PDA

View Full Version : Spyder...Pikes Peak? huh

elixermixer
06-24-2011, 06:03 PM
last sentence of the second to last paragraph
"... including a unique Can-Am Spyder-like three wheeler..."
anyone know anything more about this? sounds like fun to me

http://www.streetsideauto.com/blog/motorsports/what-to-drive-when-racing-to-the-clouds/

Roadkill
06-24-2011, 06:50 PM
+You can see it rounding the snow-lined bend at 1:15...

Ride on.
Roadkill

spydrn
06-24-2011, 07:13 PM
last sentence of the second to last paragraph
"... including a unique Can-Am Spyder-like three wheeler..."
anyone know anything more about this? sounds like fun to me

http://www.streetsideauto.com/blog/motorsports/what-to-drive-when-racing-to-the-clouds/

I live in Colorado Springs.. The Pikes Peak Hill Climb is all over the news and it draws people from all over the world to race on, one of the highest paved roads in the world. I just looked at a list of this years competitors. I didn't see a spyder an in entrant. I think the "NANNY" would go nuts on the dirt portion of the race. Your wouldn't be able to slide in the turns.

Bootie
06-24-2011, 07:36 PM
I live in Colorado Springs.. The Pikes Peak Hill Climb is all over the news and it draws people from all over the world to race on, one of the highest paved roads in the world. I just looked at a list of this years competitors. I didn't see a spyder an in entrant. I think the "NANNY" would go nuts on the dirt portion of the race. Your wouldn't be able to slide in the turns.
I got to meet "Nanny" (I think) on the Maggie Valley trip. I was climbing up a gravel road to our cabin in the mountains. The wheels were spinning and bouncing all over the place when all of a sudden things just quit and I couldn't get up the hill. It seemed to me like a big giant was standing in front of the Spyder preventing me from going forward. I could go up the hill in reverse but then the rev-limiter cut in. Eventually I turned around and ran down the hill and started from the bottom. Then things went OK. I'm not sure exactly what happened.