PDA

View Full Version : Engine Question

mg12
06-24-2011, 05:47 PM
I just purchased my spyder and there is alot of hot air blowing on my legs from the engine. Is this normal?

boborgera
06-24-2011, 06:06 PM
I just purchased my spyder and there is alot of hot air blowing on my legs from the engine. Is this normal?

Yes, Don't forget your sitting on a hot engine, and an engine makes heat.

GaryTheBadger
06-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi, I am in Bentonville, call me if you want to discuss the heat and potential remedies. Its normal when its 95 outside, but there are options. Gary 479-657-6695

Questions
06-24-2011, 06:23 PM

Same here. I have read about this before, but had no idea how hot it could really be. I felt it on both sides of my Spyder and thats at cruising speeds of 60 to 75mph. Probably my own fault for having shorts on, but it was burning the sides of my calves like crazy. If there is a way to minimize this, I would like to know.

kml354
06-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I had heat problems with my 2009 SE-5 this helps alot.
http://www.spyderpops.com/

murphybrown
06-24-2011, 07:29 PM

Check out mod from Spyderpops....to deal with the heat..

Texmac1011
06-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Same here. I have read about this before, but had no idea how hot it could really be. I felt it on both sides of my Spyder and thats at cruising speeds of 60 to 75mph. Probably my own fault for having shorts on, but it was burning the sides of my calves like crazy. If there is a way to minimize this, I would like to know.

Shorts and the Spyder definitely do not go well together. Boots and jeans will help quite a bit. There are several mod options available to address the hot air, but I have not yet had a need for them.

NancysToy
06-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Shorts and any kind of open vehicle do not go together. Can you spell "R-O-A-D R-A-S-H"? :lecturef_smilie:

Questions
06-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Shorts and the Spyder definitely do not go well together. Boots and jeans will help quite a bit. There are several mod options available to address the hot air, but I have not yet had a need for them.

I agree with you. That is not my normal PPE. But at the time I didnt have a choice in garb and it was 210 mile trip home!!

I think I will give the missing air-dam a try. We have been in the 100's in Texas for almost a month now and I have noticed that I run around 5 bars. To drop a bar or two would be nice.