PDA

View Full Version : Which Ipod

bluestratos
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I bought the RTS last saturday and I know it works with Ipod.. couple questions though:

1. What functions are accessed through the bike when hooked up?
2. Which Ipod model will work best with the bike as a minimum?
3. When the Ipod is hooked up, does the bike keep it charged?

Thanks,

Randy

NancysToy
06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
1. All you can access through the multifunction control is the volume and the song/playlist.

2. I'd recommend the iPod Nano. I don't know if the standard iPod still uses a regular hard drive, but my wife's does, and it has problems on the Spyder. The Nano that I received with my PE RTS works flawlessly.

3. The iPod will remain charged. I never remove mine anymore.

Y Rider
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
I have a IPod Nano gen 3 and it works perfectly. It stays charged and I never have to remove it except to add music. :thumbup:

freebob
06-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Ipod Nano gen 4/5 works fine and you need the BRP Ipod cable to connect
in rear trunk...

Freebob...:doorag:

Spyder Couple
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Our Ipod Classic work great on our RTs.

Yol Bolsun
06-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Okay, so I called my daughter on Okinawa and asked her what she thought. She sez standby. I have been hooking up the iphone but if I could put iPod in perm, I would do that, LOADED with road music (ie, ZZ Top, Lynerd Synerd, etc.)

Bob Denman
06-24-2011, 06:49 AM
LOADED with road music (ie, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.)
Your idea of road music sounds mighty fine! :2thumbs:

Schultzi
06-24-2011, 07:13 AM

I agree :agree:, the ipod classic works just fine. I've been using mine all along, never had a problem. I have setup different playlists for different rides and moods. (like ZZ top, Kid Rock, AC/DC etc)

ijon1
06-24-2011, 07:48 AM
How would you hookup a ifone?

bobbobtar
06-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Not to highjack the post, but I use a SD card in my Garmin 855 GPS volume is controlled on the left handle bar and playlist on the Garmin touch screen.

bluestratos
06-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Thank you for the input. Looks Like a nano should work fine :-). I just read up on it and they say to skip ahead you shake it (generation 6). Will this not cause it to skip ahead when placed in the trunk. Besideds play list and volumn, does it shut off or pause with the controls for the radio
Regards,

Randy

NancysToy
06-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Thank you for the input. Looks Like a nano should work fine :-). I just read up on it and they say to skip ahead you shake it (generation 6). Will this not cause it to skip ahead when placed in the trunk. Besideds play list and volumn, does it shut off or pause with the controls for the radio
Regards,

Randy
You have to set the iPod not to change songs on shake...in the setup menus. It will not shut off or pause with the handlebar control.

bluestratos
06-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks, much appreciated.

Pennyrick
06-27-2011, 07:47 PM
How would you hookup a ifone?

My wife uses a Nano set up full time in the rear trunk and never touches it as it is set to her playlist.

I have a 120 Gb Classic in my trunk and I rotate the playlists periodically but it stays velcroed to the little shelf.

On long trips I replace the Classic with my I phone set to the I Pod setting and have about 1,500 tunes on it. It pairs with my Scala headset so if I get a call the Phone app overrides the I Pod so I can receive the call

BMF_RACING
07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I have heard that the I-pads sometimes have issues and the Shuffle has the 3.5mm jack only as a connection so it would not be integrated. Other than those two, the others should work fine.

redfox
07-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Like the I-pod touch because of the camera. Forgot the reg camera several times now and wanted a picture of something and was able to use it in a pinch, like the multiple playlists also. Several friends have the nano just for tunes and it works great if ya don't care about the camera. Not sure if ya can have multiple play lists with the nano. :thumbup: